• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

"Diego blasts Vertonghen"

Shut up and what AVB tells you Jan.

Stupid sensationalist headlines. I'm sure Vertonghen understands. Although he's probably ****ed at AVB only having Rose as a recognised left back.

Given the way AVB sticks with form players, is it a given the Vertonghen would automatically revert back to first choice CB when Rose is fit again?

Given the way AVB sticks with form players, is it a given the Vertonghen would automatically revert back to first choice CB when Rose is fit again?

SuperJan is first name on the team sheet

legend already

Yes, as he's still the most in form CB that we have.

elephant in the room, leave him at lb and bring back Kaboul to partner Chiriches when fit, he has more influence there as Arry would say

yep, him or Lloris will be next to depart

saw that he had a spat with Defoe today......Verts generally hasnt looked happy this season

Yeah he hasnt - I find his facial expressions amusing. Its like a) he isnt enjoying the football and b) not impressed with others he is playing with

Yeah he hasnt - I find his facial expressions amusing. Its like a) he isnt enjoying the football and b) not impressed with others he is playing with

Had very good reason to be unimpressed with what Defoe did in that specific situation. A ball either player could take, Vertonghen was facing forward and was in a situation to bring the ball into a reasonably good situation. Defoe was facing backwards and towards the sideline. Pretty basic stuff that it's Vertonghen's ball in a situation like that.

I remember Berba used to have similar facial expressions and small discussions, I don't mind it tbh.

Had very good reason to be unimpressed with what Defoe did in that specific situation. A ball either player could take, Vertonghen was facing forward and was in a situation to bring the ball into a reasonably good situation. Defoe was facing backwards and towards the sideline. Pretty basic stuff that it's Vertonghen's ball in a situation like that.

I remember Berba used to have similar facial expressions and small discussions, I don't mind it tbh.

and he didnt hang around very long did he.

Hugo, Jan and Sandro are our best three players imo, will be tough to hold onto them.

Hugo, Jan and Sandro are our best three players imo, will be tough to hold onto them.

all 3 would strengthen the current Real Madrid team

just saying like :)

When the only clubs we need to worry about are the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona, I don't think there's much to worry about. Players come and go and if they go to clubs of that size we'll be getting tons of cash in return.

and he didnt hang around very long did he.

He didn't. But I would much rather see players of his and Jan's class come and go than see inferior players come and stay.

When the only clubs we need to worry about are the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona, I don't think there's much to worry about. Players come and go and if they go to clubs of that size we'll be getting tons of cash in return.

Exactly. As long as Levy stays on top of the contracts and negotiations we'll be able to provide Baldini and AVB (and Sherwood) (and Pleat?) with the money to keep the good players coming in the doors too.

I think Jan is just a passionate player. he isn't going to be all smiles if we're failing to score goals. You lot read way in to things.

Back