• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

If (if) Spurs have managed to go out and do a deal with Leicester that quickly for Maddison and also managed to sell on Winks, thats come going at this stage.

I'm not sure that the deep midfielder in Ange's system has the luxury of that, but let's see.

I dont agree re PEH, certainly not long term or medium term. Just not good enough on the ball for the two-touch kind of football which Ange's teams ahve previously played

Sarr is an interesting one as he has played various midfield roles. I think he looks more like an 8 though
PEH is at his best when he's pushed forward and closing down. Has performed that role really well for Denmark.

Also re the Winks solution to getting the fee down, its another thing off the likely to-do list for the summer

So Maddison and Bentancur as first choice number 8s. Back-ups in those positions being Sarr and Bisouma (plus Devine). Skipp for the holding role. PEH...I'd sell

I know people will say Bisouma can play the holding role but I think he's better with more freedom to maraud forward plus he also has the pace and physicality to be very effective pressing. Hence better suited to the number 8 position

Sarr and Bisouma will both be away at the Nations Cup in January, so we need to be careful as to how many more African players we plan to sign. I question as to whether we can manage more than one more in our first team squad. Interestingly, Son will be away at the Asian Cup at the first time.

I know people will say Bisouma can play the holding role but I think he's better with more freedom to maraud forward plus he also has the pace and physicality to be very effective pressing. Hence better suited to the number 8 position

I think Skipp and Bissouma would work well as the 2 holding players.

Us sitting back, play Skipp.
Against teams sitting back play Bissouma

Sarr and Bisouma will both be away at the Nations Cup in January, so we need to be careful as to how many more African players we plan to sign. I question as to whether we can manage more than one more in our first team squad. Interestingly, Son will be away at the Asian Cup at the first time.

Forgot about the ANC. Agree with your point on number of players heading off for that.

Considering where we are, with no CL, he's a fair signing. His stats are impressive. But I don't expect him to replicate them with us automatically. Just want him to settle and be part of a cohesive unit for the new manager. With Bentancur out it showed how we lacked CMs who can pass well and unlock defences. I will be happy to have Madison on board. And it continues the trend of us signing players who are slightly under the radar but who have the tools and could be gems if Postecoglou gets the best from them.

Nice to feel excited again going into the summer.

I think this is a good signing assuming we get rid of some other players like Ndombele (assuming Ange doesn't want him which... he probably doesn't) and GLC. If Winks really is going the other way, he's been a consummate professional for us and I wish him the best in his life and career.

Now I can't wait to see Maddison and Vicario singing Bohemian Rhapsody together during their initiation.

Back