• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

It seems mad that you can take a team that plays 5 at the back and that conceded a bucket load last year, remove one of those defenders and put a player in the 10 position behind Kane and the whole team functions much better. Who knew lol?

Or maybe

- Don't have your midfield outnumbered 3-2, 4-2, 5-2
- play a creative midfielder so your key striker/playmaker can be more of a striker
- hold on to the ball and play higher up will result in more chances and less risk to yourself

That was Conte’s chose though

What no having a number 10 avalable to him? i get what your saying though. Said on here a lot that under Poch we had Eriksen who was the heartbeat of our team at the time and since then we have lacked a player who could do what Eriksen did, Maddison could fill that role which we have lacked since then.

What no having a number 10 avalable to him? i get what your saying though. Said on here a lot that under Poch we had Eriksen who was the heartbeat of our team at the time and since then we have lacked a player who could do what Eriksen did, Maddison could fill that role which we have lacked since then.

Choosing not to go after a player like Maddison. We backed him with Richarlison, Porro etc but clearly he didn’t feel we needed a number 10. By all accounts we could have easily got Zaniolo but chose not to.

Yea he didn’t want to buy one and any players in the squad who might potentially have played there were loaned out (GLC, Ndombele, Gill). His system didn’t use a no 10.

Choosing not to go after a player like Maddison. We backed him with Richarlison, Porro etc but clearly he didn’t feel we needed a number 10. By all accounts we could have easily got Zaniolo but chose not to.

Fair enough and i do not disagree. However we have not replaced him or the posistion since he left 4 years ago and that is down to more then Conte.

Fair enough and i do not disagree. However we have not replaced him or the posistion since he left 4 years ago and that is down to more then Conte.

Definitely a symptom of the lack of a plan when it comes to managers / the style of football the club wants to play.

Jose played GLC and Ndombele in those roles, so that covers the first 2 years. Then he was sacked, so we can’t tell if he’d have wanted to upgrade there or not (rumours of Zaniola at the time though)

Conte showed no interest in a number 10 and even passed on Zaniola. That’s the next 2 years.

i really don’t think we can blame the club for not buying another player the manager didn’t want and would never use (see Spence, Gill, etc.). I think it’s telling that the first signing under this new manager was a no 10 in Maddison and the speed in which it was done by the club.

Jose played GLC and Ndombele in those roles, so that covers the first 2 years. Then he was sacked, so we can’t tell if he’d have wanted to upgrade there or not (rumours of Zaniola at the time though)

Conte showed no interest in a number 10 and even passed on Zaniola. That’s the next 2 years.

i really don’t think we can blame the club for not buying another player the manager didn’t want and would never use (see Spence, Gill, etc.). I think it’s telling that the first signing under this new manager was a no 10 in Maddison and the speed in which it was done by the club.

Again i am not really disagreeing with what you say, but neither Tanguy( overated) and Lo Celso (who i do think is a good player) are the same type as either Eriksen or Maddison. All in my opinion of course.

It seems mad that you can take a team that plays 5 at the back and that conceded a bucket load last year, remove one of those defenders and put a player in the 10 position behind Kane and the whole team functions much better. Who knew lol?
Well, it's slightly more to it than that.

Or maybe

- Don't have your midfield outnumbered 3-2, 4-2, 5-2
- play a creative midfielder so your key striker/playmaker can be more of a striker
- hold on to the ball and play higher up will result in more chances and less risk to yourself

Yeh I think there are loads of reasons behind it. I think we will be defensively at risk with the style but that should be countered by the possession stats. I had a look at the pre seasons year on year and the Ranger 2-1 game we had 46% to their 54%, I think stats can be misleading in some areas but I do think that it its indicative of the style, especially given the opposition

ITK say that James Maddison wanted the number 10 shirt from day one and has finally got his wish ... That James Maddison is a bad bloke I tell you.
He celebrated by weeing on Kanes mural after 10 pints of stripe from the Brown Eagle

Back