• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jack Warner and the 2022 world cup

I remember reading a book called 'FOUL!' a few years back which was all about this one guy looking into FIFA's corruption. It's all quite well known that most off FIFA is corrupt to the core. This type of thing with money being paid to Warners family or to certain busineses he's conneced too has gone on for many years.

And Gaelforce, that's true but there's a lot of corruption in FIFA. One things for sure though, Platini will be the next president of FIFA.

I remember reading a book called 'FOUL!' a few years back which was all about this one guy looking into FIFA's corruption. It's all quite well known that most off FIFA is corrupt to the core. This type of thing with money being paid to Warners family or to certain busineses he's conneced too has gone on for many years.

And Gaelforce, that's true but there's a lot of corruption in FIFA. One things for sure though, Platini will be the next president of FIFA.

Andrew Jennings wrote the book. Did a documentary for Panorama too. Got aired around a week or so before the vote for 2018/2022 and the BBC got caned for their timing but I dont think it would have mattered, both votes were a stitch up from the start.

Jack Warner was one of the most corrupt people in that whole organisation and he knew far too much about Blatter, hence why he was sacrificed 18 months or so ago.

Warner will have nothing to lose, the whole house will come down like a pack of cards, Warner will do everything to keep from spending the rest of his life in jail, he will bargain with prosecutors and will bring the lot down. Hopefully.

Looks like the Sunday Times decided to continue digging on the corruption claims. 2022 Qatar is already tainted, this will make things worse, surely it's time FIFA took it away from them and re-run the vote if they want the world to see them as a transparent organisation.

Qatar World Cup: '$5m payments to officials' corruption claim
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27652181

Last edited:
I don't see how FIFA go on with this any longer, they have to move it

makes you wonder about 2018 as well doesn't it...

Looks like the Sunday Times decided to continue digging on the corruption claims. 2022 Qatar is already tainted, this will make things worse, surely it's time FIFA took it away from them and re-run the vote if they want the world to see them as a transparent organisation.

Qatar World Cup: '$5m payments to officials' corruption claim
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27652181

Its the first 11 pages of the paper today, as usual it will all be brushed under the carpet, FIFA has to be the most corrupt organisation in world sport

If FIFA re-run the vote, Qatar will want their bungs back, so I can't see that happening. This could actually be a positive thing if it takes down every corrupt FIFA official.

FIFA haven't reformed so rerunning the vote will make little difference.

Warner and Bin Hammam were both banned and I can see Blatter using this new report as evidence that he is on the right track in trying to clean up FIFA. He really is that shameless.

Blatter went after Bin Hammam because he was standing against him for FIFA President. It's a bit like Putin and the oligarchs: stay in line and we'll help you in your corrupt enterprises, step out of line and good-bye. Galeforce asked about Platini and 2022 and I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out when he runs against Blatter in the next FIFA Presidency election.

BpDU0ZVCQAEj0Ko.jpg

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/473111957709410304

FIFA haven't reformed so rerunning the vote will make little difference.

Warner and Bin Hammam were both banned and I can see Blatter using this new report as evidence that he is on the right track in trying to clean up FIFA. He really is that shameless.

Blatter went after Bin Hammam because he was standing against him for FIFA President. It's a bit like Putin and the oligarchs: stay in line and we'll help you in your corrupt enterprises, step out of line and good-bye. Galeforce asked about Platini and 2022 and I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out when he runs against Blatter in the next FIFA Presidency election.

agreed, no point voting again until they know who got paid and replace them

i would not be at all surprised if Platini's legacy is to be the only man in football history dirtier than Blatter, rather than what a wonderful player he was

And then Qatar Sports Investments, the owners of PSG, employed Platini's son as a lawyer dealing with their European investments.

Back