• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Itunes advice?

EchoBravo

Darren Caskey
Little bit of advice please.

I had about 900 CDs & over the last few months i have added them all to itunes as they were taking over the living room.

The thing i am worried about is, what happens if my Hard Drive dies on me!

So i bought quite a large external hard drive as i want to copy them so they will then be on my Hard Drive & external HD.

I am having trouble though! Any ideas?

Little bit of advice please.

I had about 900 CDs & over the last few months i have added them all to itunes as they were taking over the living room.

The thing i am worried about is, what happens if my Hard Drive dies on me!

So i bought quite a large external hard drive as i want to copy them so they will then be on my Hard Drive & external HD.

I am having trouble though! Any ideas?

When you say you are having trouble, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?

If you simply want to backup your iTunes library to the external drive then try this...

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1751

Whilst we are on the topic of itunes, does anyone know if they can help me?

I have an 80GB iPod and am coming very close to filling it so I am going to get a 160GB to give me more space. The problem is, I put all my music on my computer and laptop from CD and both ended up breaking or being replaced. So to put all the data from one iPod to the other, will it be a case of copying from the CD's again, or is there a quick way of moving them from one iPod to another?

I have an 80GB iPod and am coming very close to filling it so I am going to get a 160GB to give me more space. The problem is, I put all my music on my computer and laptop from CD and both ended up breaking or being replaced. So to put all the data from one iPod to the other, will it be a case of copying from the CD's again, or is there a quick way of moving them from one iPod to another?

It can be done. You need to take the music from your iPod and put it back into iTunes (which will probably need to scan it for info).

Try this guide:
http://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Music-Stored-on-Your-iPod-(Windows)

I don't know how possible it is, but I'd explore the following route:

* get hold of another computer on a temporary basis, eg borrow off a mate. Computer mustn't have iTunes on it.
* install iTunes on computer
* sync old iPod with iTunes making sure that the iPod has priority (so all songs are backed up onto computer and not the blank computer wiping the iPod!) - this is the part I do not know is possible
* sync new iPod with iTunes

Back