• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Its Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

veron23

Banned
Wind Up Merchant
After 35 years of supporting this club and believing each year will be our year, I'm finally growing up and seeing things objectively.

We need to get a grip and stop fooling ourselves.

Reading comments such as Lloris is the second best keeper in the world, reading people getting excited about possibly signing ben davies etc etc etc makes me realise how deluded we are as Spurs fans. Its natural to see things from a narrow point of view when it comes to a club you love, e.g I would tell people Lennon is the best winger in the league and wouldn't swap him for anybody. Objectively however.. how many non spurs fans felt that way about Lennon. No other team is that envious of LLoris, Vertonghen (another overrated player for example), ben davies etc etc etc.

The biggest joke of an excuse is the constant reminder of the new stadium. Its like our fans use this as comfort that although we are failing today but tomorrow will be ok. And when tomorrow comes, naturally there will be a new excuse.

Did we have a new stadium when we had Modric, Berbatov, VDV, and Gareth Bale????

The facts is that selling Gareth Bale was the biggest mistake in our history and a mistake we will never recover from. If we showed the balls to keep him (and our other best players) we would have easily finished in the Champions League. With Moyes at United and Arsenal being on and off, last season was the window of opportunity.

The facts are that its now too late. Our closest rivals Arsenal, Liverpool and United have all strengthened in ways we havnt/won't and the top 4 is firmly shut.

Its too late

After 35 years of supporting this club and believing each year will be our year, I'm finally growing up and seeing things objectively.

Reading comments such as Lloris is the second best keeper in the world, reading people getting excited about possibly signing ben davies etc etc etc makes me realise how deluded we are as Spurs fans. Its natural to see things from a narrow point of view when it comes to a club you love, e.g I would tell people Lennon is the best winger in the league and wouldn't swap him for anybody. Objectively however.. how many non spurs fans felt that way about Lennon. No other team is that envious of LLoris, Vertonghen (another overrated player for example), ben davies etc etc etc.

The biggest joke of an excuse is the constant reminder of the new stadium. Its like our fans use this as comfort that although we are failing today but tomorrow will be ok. And when tomorrow comes, naturally there will be a new excuse.

Did we have a new stadium when we had Modric, Berbatov, VDV, and Gareth Bale????

The facts is that selling Gareth Bale was the biggest mistake in our history and a mistake we will never recover from. If we showed the balls to keep him (and our other best players) we would have easily finished in the Champions League. With Moyes at United and Arsenal being on and off, last season was the window of opportunity.

The facts are that its now too late. Our closest rivals Arsenal, Liverpool and United have all strengthened in ways we havnt/won't and the top 4 is firmly shut.

Its too late

Liverpool are about to lose their best player and have have strengthened their teams with mid table players. We are imo still a better team than them on paper.

Its too late

Might I suggest a sit down, a cup of tea, then maybe a warm bath before bed?

We said 2010-2011 was the killer missed opportunity. We were in the CL, and one good transfer window/ domestic campaign would have probably kept us there. Then 2012 came around, and again, we were soooo close to the CL it hurt, and a lot of us felt that we missed the ultimate opportunity in 2012. Then came 2013, and a lot us again felt that this was the last major opportunity we were going to get, and that belief was solidified when we sold Bale. And now it's 2014, and the first truly disappointing campaign we've had in ages has left us drearily predicting that we've blown the last chance we will ever get.

Football is cyclical. Our chances came and went over the last few seasons, centred around that completely unexpected 2009-2010 season opening a window to the top that we ****ed up with a practised ease I found astounding. I agree, it's probably closed now for a while: I highly, highly doubt we'll get it this year, and next year is similarly very close to impossible. However, if 2009-2010 came out of the blue, a similar season will similarly appear out of the blue at some point between now and the end of the decade. the improvement in our squad relative to everyone else (it's undoubtedly better now than it was in 2009), the evening out of the top four into a top five (meaning one of City, Liverpool, Arsenal, United or Chelsea will miss out every season) and our stadium in 2018 (which will give us much, much more more money to spend, something you seem to be forgetting in your rush to label it as a trivial comfort) all are good indicators that we'll get these opportunities more regularly over the next few seasons. We just need to make sure we don't **** it up again.

That's the bit I'm concerned about, not that we'll never get an opportunity to be a top club again. I'm concerned that we will get an opportunity, but as usual, we'll f*ck it up, because we're Spurs, and nothing we do will change the fact that everything we try to achieve is for some reason harder for us than it is for other clubs.

Its too late

We?

No.............You.

Send the Sky 4 and City to a European super league and shut down the rest. Why even bother?

lemming-animated.gif

I may be pretty new to the Tottenham base but this guy seems like he's lost it.

If it's over feel free to donate all Tottenham gear, never watch on TV, listen on radio, buy another ticket, etc...

I'll gladly take your spot on the fan wagon.

yeah it feels like the top clubs are consolidating well, and the gap is widening.

oh well. i thought the closest we got was the season before bale left, if only avb got the players he wanted... moutinho, conceicao etc... we might have another world beater in james rodriguez.

Other than Neuer, which keeper in the World is better than Lloris? And why didn't he come to the World Cup?

The only comparable keeper, for me, would be Courtois. Other than that, I can't see any keeper at the World Cup who's better than Lloris but I'm sure you'll tell me...

Is it Ospina? Or maybe you still think Casillas or Buffon have it?

Its too late

drama-queen.jpg

Other than Neuer, which keeper in the World is better than Lloris? And why didn't he come to the World Cup?

The only comparable keeper, for me, would be Courtois. Other than that, I can't see any keeper at the World Cup who's better than Lloris but I'm sure you'll tell me...

Is it Ospina? Or maybe you still think Casillas or Buffon have it?

Every United fan says to me that De Gea is better and to be honest it is quite close between them.

This guy has lost the plot. Is he seriously giving up on supporting us because we haven't achieved anything? To be fair some of what he points too is true - some of our fans are deluded and do say silly things, but it's the same at every club. I've had a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan tell me that Alan Shearer is the greatest striker of all time in world football and that Ryan Taylor should be an England starter. I've had Liverpool fan upon Liverpool fan tell me "This is OUR YEAR" on countless occasions only for them to finish no where near the top.

If you're going to have a whinging fit about it then it says a lot more about you than about OUR club. Up the Spurs and you can **** off. You won't be missed.

Every United fan says to me that De Gea is better and to be honest it is quite close between them.

This guy has lost the plot. Is he seriously giving up on supporting us because we haven't achieved anything? To be fair some of what he points too is true - some of our fans are deluded and do say silly things, but it's the same at every club. I've had a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan tell me that Alan Shearer is the greatest striker of all time in world football and that Ryan Taylor should be an England starter. I've had Liverpool fan upon Liverpool fan tell me "This is OUR YEAR" on countless occasions only for them to finish no where near the top.

If you're going to have a whinging fit about it then it says a lot more about you than about OUR club. Up the Spurs and you can **** off. You won't be missed.

Personally, I think that De Gea is a great shot stopper but I'm unconvinced by his aerial presence.

Plus, you support your team irrespective of what happens. How can anyone throw the toys out of the pram because we don't finish top 4?

As for signings, trust me, Villa fans have it far worse! So far this summer, they've signed Joe Cole & Phillipe Senderos!! Now they've been linked with the signing of Kieran Richardson!! Those are Championship signings, those players no longer belong in the Premiership.

Villa fans have it worse but you know what, they're still supporting their team. They might be unhappy with the signings but you support your team, through good and bad times.

To have been a Spurs supporter for 35 years surely would have shown that, at this moment in time, the club are as good as they have been for some time. We are close to being able to field a player with International recognition for every position on the pitch. We have players that top clubs want to have...yes, Modric, Bale, Berbatov etc have moved on but now we have Eriksen, Lamela, Vertonghen; players that have been linked to the very best teams in Europe.

Harry Redknapp wasn't as far off the mark as many have said, when he said that we haven't had it so good. The truth is that yes, we have...we won the double in 1961 etc but...we haven't been this good for many, many years.

I'm saying 'this good' to encapsulate our team both now, and when we did qualify for the CL. We aren't so far away as it stands. We finished 6th in spite of all the turmoil going on & with Sherwood seemingly picking a team who then went out & won the match on the strength of the quality of our players, no real regimented tactics seem to have been applied.

I'm confident that with a good manager, our performances will improve and we'll be in the fight for a top 4 spot. We have no automatic right to one, so we may not finish in the top 4, but the season could be good fun.

Even if it isn't, I'll be a Spurs supporter all my life. I'll tell mates that our players are amazing and right up there with the best...it's just part of being a supporter and so supporting your players to the hilt. Building the players up, getting behind them and hopefully pushing the team onward.

In fact, my biggest problem is with people who are so bloody negative! I wish we could do away with the fans who boo our team during match days and never have a good word to say about our players. To them I'd say get behind and SUPPORT our players throughout. No good will come of booing our players BUT if you support them instead, boost their confidence and give them the freedom to play THEN we MIGHT achieve more!!

So 'Tottenham 'till I die' I will always be!!

Its too late

Ha you say after 35 years you've decided to grow up and see things objectively but what you then proceeded to do is post a child-like rant that is not objective, its just negative.

So Spurs fans overrate some of our players? Guilty as charged but no more so than fans of other clubs. Also we equally underrate other members of our squad who get used as spacegoats regularly when they're solid players. The amount of people on here that want to sell Dembele for example when fans of man it's, Leeds and bradford I regularly mix with rate him as one of the best in the premiership.

A truly grown up view would be to watch spurs for another 35 years and enjoy the ride which will inevitably have ups and downs!

jennifer-lawrence-crying.gif

Its too late

Attachments

• jennifer-lawrence-crying.jpg
    jennifer-lawrence-crying.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 7
Just imagine being a Barnet fan then. Or a West Ham fan for that matter. Anyway, we WILL win the FA Cup some time in the next 35 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back