• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK

Who: Grey Fox
Where: SC
When: 19th January

Doing this on my phone so excuse spelling mistakes (edited - Rob). I've been told that a very good bid has been lodged for SB, the 12m mentioned is way off.

We have 3 others that we have begun talks with. One is Dembele, the other 2 are foreign. Poch only wants permanent signings, not loans or any one over 27. We are building for the future.

Townsend will go for our price and does not affect incoming.

I don't know if this counts as ITK because it's not like I have a mysterious source or anything, I have a relative (cousins life partner - I don't know what I'd call that - cousin in law?) who works for some sort of telecommunications business, either in a consultancy capacity or something similar, not sure tbh. Due to his job, he gets lots of invites to sports events (think this is due to connections from who he works for, not as a requirement for the job - though as I said, I'm not 100% on what he does). Through attendance to these events he's got to know a few football agents as well as other staff members at agent agencies (not sure that's the right word).

Anyway, he told me that one of his agent acquaintances told him that the general consensus atm is that we'll struggle to sign a striker in this transfer window. My relative seems to think that, whilst we're looking at people and have made contact, that no one really wants to sell so it's unlikely.

However, I dunno if I 100% believe him as he's not a spurs fan and is always on the wind up - I know he knows a few agents but, I don't know if they'd actually tell him stuff - seems kind of unprofessional. Anyway, thought it might be an interesting thing to talk about as it's some sort of information.

Sorry about grammar and stuff, I've had a long night shift and I'm struggling to remember a few of the details - I saw him on the weekend so it was a while ago, when he told me. If you think I'm trumping or whatever, I don't mind, it doesn't really bother me, just wanted to see what people thought. I'm not gonna act like it's a big secret or anything...

Last edited:
I think that makes a lot of sense, but you know it won't fly with some. 'Just spend whatever it takes'.

Getting someone from another PL club is almost impossible. That Barca kid might happen as they want to sell him and there's a small chance of Dembele, but otherwise it would have to be someone relatively unknown from a smaller league.

I agree it's virtually impossible to get a decent player under the current circumstances, would any striker want to join us knowing they would only get 4/5 starts depending on cup runs or Kane injuries?. That's if we are looking to cover for Kane and I can't see us spending big money for a bit player. Dembele might be a good long term prospect but I doubt he could fill in for Harry at this moment.

I agree it's virtually impossible to get a decent player under the current circumstances, would any striker want to join us knowing they would only get 4/5 starts depending on cup runs or Kane injuries?. That's if we are looking to cover for Kane and I can't see us spending big money for a bit player. Dembele might be a good long term prospect but I doubt he could fill in for Harry at this moment.

Dembele (6 months left on contract) or Ramirez (actively for sale due to new arrivals) are exceptional cases of good players who are actually available for reasonable fees.

Dembele (6 months left on contract) or Ramirez (actively for sale due to new arrivals) are exceptional cases of good players who are actually available for reasonable fees.
Are they good players? Or are they just 'ok'? Do either suit our style of play? Do either want to leave now or are they happy to wait until the Summer for a bigger/more lucrative move? ( don't have the answers to any of those, just playing devils advocate).

Austin is an example of a good player who was available (but again exceptional circumstances).

Berahino is another example of a good player who is (in all probability) available.

But would they join us?

Have to say we are one of the most attractive destinations in football for a certain calibre of player;

Track record at getting players their dream moves - Bale/Modric to RM, prior to that Keane/Berba to pool and utd, need I go on?
We make players - before they came here, who was Bale? Who was Modric? They had potential, but nowhere to prove it.
Low amounts of competition for places - If you're a senior professional, you've got to feel good about starting every week; who'd think they couldn't oust someone from the youth side?
Stable, consistent european competition. In europe they think the EL is quite good.
Premier league/london location.
Training facilities
New stadium!
Our ethos is to run a meritocracy, and it's quite obvious we do it that way. Most people want to work in meritocracies, and this is good.

If you were a player, choosing somewhere in England, where would you want to work?

Have to say we are one of the most attractive destinations in football for a certain calibre of player;

Track record at getting players their dream moves - Bale/Modric to RM, prior to that Keane/Berba to pool and utd, need I go on?
We make players - before they came here, who was Bale? Who was Modric? They had potential, but nowhere to prove it.
Low amounts of competition for places - If you're a senior professional, you've got to feel good about starting every week; who'd think they couldn't oust someone from the youth side?
Stable, consistent european competition. In europe they think the EL is quite good.
Training facilities
New stadium!
Our ethos is to run a meritocracy, and it's quite obvious we do it that way. Most people want to work in meritocracies, and this is good.

If you were a player, choosing somewhere in England, where would you want to work?

No comparison I've got a brain that works and been told I have to work hard to make a living they are callow youths that have been lead to believe they are gods gift to the world. So it's show me the money.

Training facilities
New stadium!

At whichever club paid me (or more pertinently my agent) the most money.

At whichever club paid me (or more pertinently my agent) the most money.

Why do you think Alli turned Liverpool down when they made an offer?

I don't think footballers only think of the money to the extend you suggest - those with their head screwed on will take other things in to account when deciding on their next club

Why do you think Alli turned Liverpool down when they made an offer?

I don't think footballers only think of the money to the extend you suggest - those with their head screwed on will take other things in to account when deciding on their next club
They offered half of what we offered. I think the player would still have joined us even if identical offers were made. However if Liverpool had offered Alli £20k a week compared to our £10k then I'm sure he would have lock nuts on his hub caps by now!

Liverpool only offered him 5k p/w? I find that hard to believe - also they were supposedly bidding for him before our interest materialised and he chose to stay at MK anyway

They offered half of what we offered. I think the player would still have joined us even if identical offers were made. However if Liverpool had offered Alli £20k a week compared to our £10k then I'm sure he would have lock nuts on his hub caps by now!

Disagree

Liverpool only offered him 5k p/w? I find that hard to believe
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...g-American-owners-pay-21-wage-4-000-week.html

Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has recalled how 'frustrating and disappointing' it was that the club failed to sign Dele Alli despite prolonged negotiations with the player, with Tottenham clinching his bargain £5million signing from MK Dons.

However, it is understood Liverpool's American owners regarded Alli, quickly emerging as one of the stand-out stars in the Premier League, to be just a promising Under-21 prospect and were going to pay him accordingly — about £4,000 a week.

Hertyid on COYS:

Martinez was pitched to us but they want their money back and he's too old - after Soldado it's a no go.
Young Mousse is good as done.
Poch is not interested in SB.
We got 14 for Andros

If that's the case then that's about as much as we could have hoped for from the window. Would be nice to have a CF on the bench for once

Hertyid on COYS:

Martinez was pitched to us but they want their money back and he's too old - after Soldado it's a no go.
Young Mousse is good as done.
Poch is not interested in SB.
We got 14 for Andros
I think 'as good as done' means we have agreed a deal with Fulham. The problem here is the player (or more pertinently his representation) as there is a lot of interest in the player.

Back