• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Right so far Manu are spending £30m on Hugo, £40m on Harry, £100m on either bale or ronaldo, £25m on MS, £25m gundogan and that's just off the top off my head and not including £30m for depay. Do the press really think everyone is dumb enough to swallow all that?

I guess you're my age or a bit older... well I accepted that the sixties and seventies - when a player would be sold only if the club wanted to - are now over, mate. If Lloris wants to go, he will - especially as I am sure that a gentleman's agreement to this effect was the only reason he signed an extension last year... enabling us to get maximum dosh for him.

In the same way the likes of Seville and Atletico compete - by an excellent scouting network to replace those sold with adequate replacements - if not at individual level at least on the overall team

Hard to know how old you are, but my first experiences/memories of the game were when we had Gascoigne & Lineker, in 1990. Then, ultimately, they both left..so not fun times then either.

If Lloris moves abroad, that's more acceptable, but really Man U are in a rebuilding process so it's frustrating to see them just stack up all the good players again whilst we end up with dross like Stambouli, Fazio and others, who everyone on here predict will be useless, those players are hardly inspiring signings by comparison, are they?

I know we might not get top end players but surely we can still pull the odd rabbit out of the hat as we did with Berbatov, Modric & VDV; the first two being recognised as excellent players before they even moved to us. VDV, we knew was good, but I appreciate that that purchase was fortuitous, due to Madrid wanting to offload.

I have no confidence with any of our signings. I think Wimmer isn't pulling up trees & there were other options which would have been preferable there.

Relax no one has moved anywhere yet, I think we may get one more season from it and then if we don't get CL fair enough we let him go.

The Goat has had a snippet of news regarding Lloris which is something and nothing.

Lloris hasn't said he wants to move and the club haven't been given any indications that he would force it, but that if the offer was good enough he'd not be against it. Our source reckons if United slap the money on the table, Levy will take it. That said The Goat was told that "nothing has happened yet"…..All pretty common sense stuff but at least it gives an idea as to the state of play.

The Goat was also told there was interest in a winger from Spain but no names were mentioned.

---

Denis Cheryshev is the favoured guess so far.

Right so far Manu are spending £30m on Hugo, £40m on Harry, £100m on either bale or ronaldo, £25m on MS, £25m gundogan and that's just off the top off my head and not including £30m for depay. Do the press really think everyone is dumb enough to swallow all that?

didnt they spend 150 mill last summer?

RVP said at the weekend that Utd will be spending close to 200 mill this summer.

Wow .. Without him last year we would have finished bottom half and struggled even with Harry's goals .. Where is ambition if we sell to a rival. , end of ... Under no circumstances must he be sold to anyone in premier ..Madrid barca or psg fair enough otherwise United and their media cronies can fudge right off , it's getting tiresome now . Every comment getting slanted by United fan press

Year in year out we lose another Top player!
That is why we will not win anything.......................................ever.

It's all a matter of value - if we could sell Lloris for £500m and get Begovic or Forster or whomever for £5m then we would all go for it.

If it was £100m and £1m we would all do it.
If it was £40m and £400k most would do it; Lloris is really good, but there are other good keepers we can get.

The trick is avoiding the bad keepers like the Gooners and Liverpool.

It's all a matter of value - if we could sell Lloris for £500m and get Begovic or Forster or whomever for £5m then we would all go for it.

If it was £100m and £1m we would all do it.
If it was £40m and £400k most would do it; Lloris is really good, but there are other good keepers we can get.

The trick is avoiding the bad keepers like the Gooners and Liverpool.

If selling Lloris allowed us to get Begovic and Schneiderlin in, id do that personally

If selling Lloris allowed us to get Begovic and Schneiderlin in, id do that personally

in an ideal world that would be great............but things rarely work out this way. weve seen in our past how once we sold our best players for big money didnt lead to us then signing adequate replacements or investing the money wisely in strengthening other areas.

but yeah in this case, if lloris were to leave and we then signed Begovic and Schneiderlin i think it would be an excellent piece of business.

in an ideal world that would be great............but things rarely work out this way. weve seen in our past how once we sold our best players for big money didnt lead to us then signing adequate replacements or investing the money wisely in strengthening other areas.

but yeah in this case, if lloris were to leave and we then signed Begovic and Schneiderlin i think it would be an excellent piece of business.

of course that is the risk - im just countering the 'he cannot be sold at any cost' crowd - he isn't the be all and end all of our team and it is possible for us to come out of selling him stronger for it, i wouldn't be surprised if it's something being weighed up by the relevant parties (scouts/chairman/manager)

a lot has been made of Southampton and their improvement despite selling 'star' players last summer - well Mitchell who now works for us supposedly played a not insignificant part in the replacement of those players so you'd like to think that the club are in a better position than they were after AVBs first season when we had the Bale windfall (we also probably need less work on the first XI, with more obvious holes to fill)

30m+ EXTRA to our budget could be the difference between signing several first choice targets rather than 2nd/3rd choice ones...

Agree with wholeheartedly with the last few posts.
Lloris is very good, but his rushes of blood to the head and kicking stop him being world class.
Lloris will earn us 5-7 pts a season on his own, but the net profit we could make replacing him ( with Begovic) could solidify a solid team core to really boss games and someone that lays on extra goals.

And that is the basic economics of football, get the group of players that get 3pts at 4pm on a Sunday. That doesn't mean the best individuals.

Lloris earns us more than 6-7 points a season mate. But I get the general point. It is worth noting though, that the reason man utd want him and not cech or begovic is not only is he a brilliant shot stopper he is arguably the best sweeper keeper in the world which is Essential when you have a shaky defence such as ours or Utd's. It would not be disaster of bale proportions if he left but I think posters are underestimating how important he is to us.

The rushes of blood and dodgy kicking is what will make Man U go elsewhere. I really don't think they will go for Hugo in the end.

Back