• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Who: Grey Fox
When: 17th July
Where: SC

We have recieved bids for three of our players and placed bids on at least 5 to come in, with 2 accepted. Its all about wether the individuals concerned want to move either in or out as most have choices of more than one offer. We have had two bids for Dawson accepted and an enquiry about Rose (not a firm bid yet) thought to be Hull.

Poch is concerned about our our defence and how we move the ball from back to front wants some experience in the squad , but has been impressed with some of the younger players and attitude of the players he has been working with. Vertonghen is happy to give it at least another season and will almost certainly sign a new contract, almost doubling his wages.

Been told we after a couple of "big" named players, but wages will be a problem if we can't off load a few. Apologies for being vague about some of this, but been asked not to mention too many specifics. Although we are on tour there still might be some business done as everything has been agreed in principle before they left. I am a bit Meh about a couple and excited about the rest of names mentioned, but that is my own opinion.

Christ, we are paying clubs to take him off our hands??

The point is it is impossible to predict the future. If poch looks like he is taking the club somewhere, if he wins trophies or has us qualifying for the champs league and keeps his nose clean why wouldn't levy keep him for 5 years?

If (and its a big "IF") Poch gets us into the champions league and wins us trophies in the next couple of years, he will be the hottest young manager around. This will result in another "big money" club coming in for him and he will 99% take it. It wont be Levy's choice. Thats just the way it is.

Poch will not be here in 5 years, no way.

If (and its a big "IF") Poch gets us into the champions league and wins us trophies in the next couple of years, he will be the hottest young manager around. This will result in another "big money" club coming in for him and he will 99% take it. It wont be Levy's choice. Thats just the way it is.

Sadly I think you're right. I'd like nothing more than watching Pochettino lift the Champions League trophy with Spurs for the fifth time in 15 years come 2030. But if he's any way successful he'll be at Barcelona or Emirates Marketing Project in a couple of years.

Maybe after the stadium is built we'll be in a position to hang onto a better quality of manager (just as hopefully we'll be able to hang onto our best players), but I'd bet on Poch being out the door before we play our first match in the new place. Either he won't be successful enough quickly enough (and either Levy will lose patience or the fans will... or both). Or he'll be successful and get poached.

Last edited:

Yeah, if Poch does well he will be off to Real Madrid in no time........if he flops he will end up at Rubin Kazan. Either way he won't be around for the 5 years

Sadly I think you're right. I'd like nothing more than watching Pochettino lift the Champions League trophy for the fifth time in 15 years come 2030. But if he's any way successful he'll be at Barcelona or Emirates Marketing Project in a couple of years.

Maybe after the stadium is built we'll be in a position to hang onto a better quality of manager (just as hopefully we'll be able to hang onto our best players), but I'd bet on Poch being out the door before we play our first match in the new place. Either he won't be successful enough quickly enough (and either Levy will lose patience or the fans will... or both). Or he'll be successful and get poached.

Agreed. I so badly want Poch to succeed but I've been a Spurs fan long enough to know that he could be sacked before christmas. Would it suprise anyone ? No !

By the same token, if he is successful then he will be poached away from us by a prem of european club. All we can do is enjoy it while it lasts and hope any foundations for success we do have can be carried on by the next manager.

Its a revolving door.

yep, a revolving door that we keep walking towards, even though our flies are down and our **** is hanging out

the bloodied mess and screaming are inevitable

Agreed. I so badly want Poch to succeed but I've been a Spurs fan long enough to know that he could be sacked before christmas. Would it suprise anyone ? No !

By the same token, if he is successful then he will be poached away from us by a prem of european club. All we can do is enjoy it while it lasts and hope any foundations for success we do have can be carried on by the next manager.

Its a revolving door.

I think you are being waay too pessimistic. 5 years is not a long time. Harry managed 4 seasons and would have managed more had he not shot his mouth off. If Poch does well, achieves champs league OR wins a trophy levy will keep him.
I doubt on the basis of what he has achieved so far he is Real Madrid or barca material. Not yet any way and the odd trophy at spurs or champs league qualification will not change that.

The Goat on Schneiderlin

He wants to come to us and we've offered to almost double his wages but we haven't reached an agreement with Southampton yet. They'll only let one more player leave.

Would prefer Schneiderlin to Lovren as I think you can pick up good centre-backs for cheaper than Lovren, but midfielders in the style and quality of Schneiderlin are few on the ground in England.

Would prefer Schneiderlin to Lovren as I think you can pick up good centre-backs for cheaper than Lovren, but midfielders in the style and quality of Schneiderlin are few on the ground in England.

Now that Moreno is off the table, what other comparable CBs to Lovren (i.e. coming into their prime, cultured but powerful, and under £20m) are there?

Attainable Schneiderlin alternatives include the likes of Banega, Claise and Badelj

Now that Moreno is off the table, what other comparable CBs to Lovren (i.e. coming into their prime, cultured but powerful, and under £20m) are there?

Attainable Schneiderlin alternatives include the likes of Banega, Claise and Badelj

Well Banega's credentials don't fill me with confidence as it would appear nobody wants them. Clasie is unproven and Badelj, well i've never heard of him.

There are too many CB's to name that I would be happy with (not that i would be unhappy with Lovren).

Id take Caulker back over signing Lovren.

Lovren has done nothing say he is a £25m player or has the potential to play for one of the superpowers of football. The two goals he gave us at white hart lane where shocking. Even if you put him at a similar level to Vertonghen when we signed him, we paid £8m for Jan, so thanks but no thanks, good luck at Liverpool.

I would personally be tempted to throw £12m under the nose of Liverpool and see if they fancy cashing in on Agger, but the problem is he is left sided and I assume we are looking for a partner for Vertonghen.

But then I am a Vlad fan and think Vertonghen and Vlad could play in 75% of our games and when we play against the Andy Carrolls of this world, we give Kaboul his games.

Well Banega's credentials don't fill me with confidence as it would appear nobody wants them. Clasie is unproven and Badelj, well i've never heard of him.

There are too many CB's to name that I would be happy with (not that i would be unhappy with Lovren).

Would you mind naming some CBs you fancy. I'm not being argumentative - I'm genuinely interested.

Martins Indi has gone to Porto, Moreno is injured, Garay went to Zenit. That's all the potentially obtainable CBs who impressed at the WC I can think of.

Lovren's Croatian partner actually looked quite handy - Corluka or something he was called.

Remember Schneiderlin was unproved 12 months ago too.

Id take Caulker back over signing Lovren.

Lovren has done nothing say he is a £25m player or has the potential to play for one of the superpowers of football. The two goals he gave us at white hart lane where shocking. Even if you put him at a similar level to Vertonghen when we signed him, we paid £8m for Jan, so thanks but no thanks, good luck at Liverpool.

I would personally be tempted to throw £12m under the nose of Liverpool and see if they fancy cashing in on Agger, but the problem is he is left sided and I assume we are looking for a partner for Vertonghen.

But then I am a Vlad fan and think Vertonghen and Vlad could play in 75% of our games and when we play against the Andy Carrolls of this world, we give Kaboul his games.

Verts and Chirches together frightens the life out of me. There's absolutely no physicality there. If we're losing one or both of Kaboul and Daws, we need to replace them with an equally powerful CB.

We had Caulker at the club for 5+ years. There's no way we'd've let him go if he had a chance of making it. QPR/Palace are the only clubs in for him for a reason - that's his level.

He was Modric's heir at Zagreb. He's now playing with Rafa at Hamburg.

Signing him now would be comparable to signing Modric in 2009 (i.e. after one year of acclimatising to a fast-paced elite league)

He's been linked to Chelsea, as well as us.

http://bundesligafanatic.com/milan-badelj-hamburgs-deep-lying-playmaker/

Last edited:
Would you mind naming some CBs you fancy. I'm not being argumentative - I'm genuinely interested.

Martins Indi has gone to Porto, Moreno is injured, Garay went to Zenit. That's all the potentially obtainable CBs who impressed at the WC I can think of.

Lovren's Croatian partner actually looked quite handy - Corluka or something he was called.

Verts and Chirches together frightens the life out of me. There's absolutely no physicality there. If we're losing one or both of Kaboul and Daws, we need to replace them with an equally powerful CB.

We had Caulker at the club for 5+ years. There's no way we'd've let him go if he had a chance of making it. QPR/Palace are the only clubs in for him for a reason - that's his level.

Hmmmm why weren't we in for Martins Indi? Why weren't we in for Garay? I bet both went for a hell of a lot less than £25 odd million? Also I don't see why we can't just wait for Moreno if we really want him. I'm assuming we're looking for a centre half to have at the club for a number of years as opposed to just for the first half of the season.

Re: Caulker.... You have to remember that it was the useless AVB who sold him, he also banished our best centre forward to the reserves and our best left back to a Championship loan. Perhaps Caulker didn't fall for AVB's powerpoint presentation so he thought he'd bomb him out and instead keep perma-crock Kaboul at the club?

You want a strong experienced commanding centre half........I give you Ron Vlaar.

Rather spend 6 - 10 mill on him than 20 mill on Lovren that's for sure

I reckon we'll get Lascelles and a more experienced CB, but as GB says, there's not a wealth of options, not as far as I can see.

My Forest supporting mate was talking him and Darlow up last night.

Vlaar would be an ok stop-gap, I guess, but we do need someone powerful and pacy, as I'm not sold on a Verts Chiriches partnership.

Back