• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

I don't get that impression about Andros at all. Which is why this particular piece of itk smells like bull**** to me.

Certainly, Townsend might want to leave if he doesn't think that he'll get a regular place in the team. But that isn't acting up or sulking or being disruptive. That's just protecting his career and wanting to play rather than being happy just to sit on the bench and take home a handsome wage. And that's a good thing.

Well I think the ITK just adds weight to some impressions i've been given about Townsend's potential for his professionalism to wain.

The impression he left on Leeds, plus just his attitude in some games i've seen, where he is extremely selfish and his play borders on the unacceptable on occasions. I can't remember the game it was in, but the actual incident sticks in my memory, where I think we were struggling and Townsend got the ball and shot from a ridiculous distance from near the half-way line or something and the keeper wasn't even off his line and it was basically just booting the ball away and he just turned and walked back to the wing with his head down. Pathetic.

Well I think the ITK just adds weight to some impressions i've been given about Townsend's potential for his professionalism to wain.

The impression he left on Leeds, plus just his attitude in some games i've seen, where he is extremely selfish and his play borders on the unacceptable on occasions. I can't remember the game it was in, but the actual incident sticks in my memory, where I think we were struggling and Townsend got the ball and shot from a ridiculous distance from near the half-way line or something and the keeper wasn't even off his line and it was basically just booting the ball away and he just turned and walked back to the wing with his head down. Pathetic.

I don't remember the incident but what you describe merely smacks of poor judgement (sadly, an attribute that CAN legitimately be ascribed to Townsend) or rank bad play. It doesn't, in and of itself, suggest disruptiveness or a lack of professionalism.

And for every such example that you can think of, there are many others of Townsend proving himself to be a good professional who is a positive to have around on the training ground and in the dressing room.

That's not to say that he is good enough for Spurs (the jury's still out on that but he'll have to improve his decision making and consistency before presenting a compelling case for himself). It's just to say that this "itk" seems unfounded and therefore likely to be bull****.

He is ridiculously greedy though, countless games he used to run and shoot from 30 odd yds or dribble straight into a load of players and shoot straight against someone in frustration. Rarely passed at all. I can understand doing that if your Bale but sadly hes a long way from that.

So it seems there are more rumours of Sandro going..:(

If we were to buy one of Ever Banega or Morgan Schneiderlin would that be ample replacement?

Could either of them bring Sandro physicality to cm

So it seems there are more rumours of Sandro going..:(

If we were to buy one of Ever Banega or Morgan Schneiderlin would that be ample replacement?

Could either of them bring Sandro physicality to cm

Neither are like Sandro at all. They are more Modric/Moutinho style ball recyclers. Dembele upgrades

Neither are like Sandro at all. They are more Modric/Moutinho style ball recyclers. Dembele upgrades

Makes you wonder then about who the club will think can replace Sandro's physicality with...we lacked that for so many years that to lose it now and not replace or upgrade on it would seem almost retro (i.e. foolish)

Who: Grey Fox
Where: SC
When: 12th June

Apparently we asked Southampton if we could talk to Lovren and were refused a few days after Poch came over. Lovren put in a written request almost immediately. Some notes of caution though,1) we are not the only ones in for him, 2) Southampton haven't accepted his request yet and 3) they will ask a high premium for him as he is only in year 1 of a 4 year contract.

billy white on grey fox' lovren itk:

Methinks the connection Grey Fox is making between us inquiring and Lovren submitting his request is a forced one. Just because both are true doesn't mean they're connected. If this is what he has heard then fair play, but it is not what I've been picking up recently. As always, more to come when I can.

Grey Fox

Not a connection, it was what I was told and I did mention notes of caution

Ojay on Coys:

Just got some ITK on Remy from his agent.

We are desperate for him. DL is calling his agent daily but he will not sign until **** make a decision. He is not their number one target but seems to be ours.

What happened to the Read only ITK thread?

There isn't any ITK anymore.

Club awareness/interventions and twitter kind of killed it. People with genuine sources know forums are stalked by journalists and the club, so anything juicy will be all over the world in minutes and they'll be exposed instantly - forums aren't the fairly closed communities they used to be. It is why every decent story for 2-3 years now has been broken by a club-allied journalist first (Di Marzio was first on 5 or 6 of the 7 signings last summer) - the pendulum has kind of swung back to the authorised leaks.

I don't really understand why this thread and the transfer discussion one are separate tbh - they pretty much have parallel conversations running in them.

First time in 6 years neither Redknapp or Sherwood has been at the club. Perhaps not a coincidence?
Or the World Cup is going on and rumours will start as normal once that is over.

Besides, I thought that there was an Italian journo who you thought was a good source for Baldini.

Or the World Cup is going on and rumours will start as normal once that is over.

Besides, I thought that there was an Italian journo who you thought was a good source for Baldini.

Di Marzio (the aforementioned journo) is at the World Cup as well.

Di Marzio and Greg Stobart are the most ITK journalists for Spurs for me. Tend to be on the money around Spurs dealings before most.

But I think he only publishes stuff when he's told he can. He broke all our stories first last summer, but only when they were at very late stages. I think he's semi-authorised, rather than the beneficiary of a potentially damaging leak.

Back