• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

I know a bit about our academy (i'm not ITK but I just get passing comments) as a family member works for Saudi Sportswashing Machine's academy and one of my mates works for Bradford City's academy too.

Still galling that Everton pipped us (just) to the signing of George Green from Bradford. That kid could be very special indeed.

Apparently Jol brought that chef to Tottenham. He knew of him from his hollandaise.

=D>=D>

Still galling that Everton pipped us (just) to the signing of George Green from Bradford. That kid could be very special indeed.

=D>=D>

Yeah, I think Green could well be the real deal, its also a shame that he didn't stay at Bradford for longer and command a bigger fee for them. Luckily they got promoted and got to the cup final and had two Wembley appearances. They were really struggling otherwise, although they still couldn't keep Nakhi Wells.

Yid1987 on SC:

Top info on Saints. I was told by someone I know at Saints that so far Spurs have shown concrete interest in Schneiderlin and Lovren and both are available at the right price. Spurs have been told the price but as yet no bids have been made.

Just to add to my post above. Saints position is that they dont want to lose Lambert, Shaw, Lallana, Scheiderlin and Lovren all at the same time.

Because of this their tactic will be, if Shaw and Lallana go first, the asking price for Scheiderlin and Lovren will be inflated as they won't need the money due to the massive amounts received. The same tactic would be used vice versa, if Schneiderlin and Lovren go then they will dig their heels in with the other too and make it difficult for any to go.

This isn't to say that they won't lose all 5 but the board know the fans aren't happy about Poch coming to us and the prospect of losing all their best players. However, the sales will generate £70m+ and spent wisely they could still have a decent PL squad is their thinking.

None of the above is opinion. It's what I've been told from Saints.

Our side, been told that Sandro will likely go. We're holding out for more money (standard). Club are concerned about his knee injuries. And as we have lots of similarly powerful type players he is seen as surplus - obviously this is linked to wanting Shneiderlin who is technically better than Sandro and suits Pochettino's style.

At CB was told club are keen to keep Daws. Possibility of Vert going, was unhappy last summer when interest was shown and he wasn't allowed to go. This is dependant on a) his performances at WC to generate interest (the club interested last summer are buying another CB); b) the price as usual. A lot will depend on Kaboul situation too.

Heard we are monitoring Caulker situation. He has agreed terms with Liverpool but they are looking at alternative options. The info on him has come from his club not Spurs!

Does this guy have an inside contact at Southampton as claimed?

Or Spurs?.... ("been told that Sandro will likely go", "was told club are keen to keep Daws").

Or Swansea?.... ("Heard we are monitoring Caulker situation. He has agreed terms with Liverpool but they are looking at alternative options. The info on him has come from his club not Spurs!").

These guys hardly even bother to disguise the fact that they just make it up these days do they?!?

Last edited:
IfiHadTheWings on SC:

I was playing golf this evening with my cousin who is the Stoke Academy goalkeeping coach, apparently Townsend is a big troublemaker and has bust ups daily on the training ground

This is interesting as I saw interviews from both Redknapp and AVB that spoke of how dedicated Townsend was to football and how hard he worked in training. I think I can also remember Sherwood saying it too?

If you need me to spell it out, then you still wouldn't understand. Have a re-read of the posts.

Perhaps I am being a bit thick (it wouldn't be the first time) but I'd like you to spell it out. All interviews I have seen from Spurs managers (and also Roy Hodgson) it seemed to be stated that Townsend is a good lad and a great trainer. Why would the managers say this if Townsend was causing trouble in training?

Equally consider the fact that AVB was a bit of a disciplinarian (both Adebayor and Ekotto ostracised for attitude problems) and yet Townsend was a first choice under him.

Townsend has also gone on loan many times and generally done well (other than at Leeds). Again I would doubt you would ever get picked for a team when you're out on loan unless you are training well?

It just seems as though the actual evidence points to the opposite of Townsend being a big troublemaker. Don't you think?

Unless Townsend was digging other players out for not training properly?.... In which case, I'd say that is good and we need a few more characters like that at the club.

Perhaps I am being a bit thick (it wouldn't be the first time) but I'd like you to spell it out. All interviews I have seen from Spurs managers (and also Roy Hodgson) it seemed to be stated that Townsend is a good lad and a great trainer. Why would the managers say this if Townsend was causing trouble in training?

Equally consider the fact that AVB was a bit of a disciplinarian (both Adebayor and Ekotto ostracised for attitude problems) and yet Townsend was a first choice under him.

Townsend has also gone on loan many times and generally done well (other than at Leeds). Again I would doubt you would ever get picked for a team when you're out on loan unless you are training well?

It just seems as though the actual evidence points to the opposite of Townsend being a big troublemaker. Don't you think?

Unless Townsend was digging other players out for not training properly?.... In which case, I'd say that is good and we need a few more characters like that at the club.

Well actually I'm surrounded by Leeds fans and none of them were impressed with Townsend during his short stint and the rumblings at the time from Leeds were that he was a lazy trainer who caused problems and was too big for his boots, that was a long time ago mind

Not ITK or anything like that, but heard something that was really gutting:

One of the people associated with spurs comes into one of the posh pubs in Northampton (Northampton, push pub? ya I get what you mean) anyways, my sister in law works there and here and the wife decide to ask if they could buy me a birthday present - which I am absolutely pumped about btw - signed bits from spurs, specifically from my favourite player, the beast himself, Sandro. Anyways, is costing them a fair bit (so they said :p ) and have managed to get some bits already such as a signed ball with all the team, and are were waiting for a signed kit from Sandro (shirt, boots, socks even gloves lol) so as you can imagine I am over the moon at this point.

Anyways Birthday comes and goes at the end of may, and the guy has struggled to get the last part to which the sister in law, who knows him quite well as he goes in their regularly, keeps asking has he managed to get hold of it as yet. His response was it may be difficult to get anything spurs related with regards to Sandro at the moment, as he may not be a spurs player for much longer. Anyways, I know Sandro is generally fondly thought of, but with a view we could do better but I would be absolutely gutted if he does go. Still holding out hope, since wife etc know nothing about football, that they misunderstood what he was saying and since I have never spoken to him myself thus not claiming to be ITK I cant confirm anything, but figured I would pass it on anyways. Fingers cross he is just on hols and I get the signed shirt lol, and if so will so post a pic on here of it all to make you all jealous lol :)

Well actually I'm surrounded by Leeds fans and none of them were impressed with Townsend during his short stint and the rumblings at the time from Leeds were that he was a lazy trainer who caused problems and was too big for his boots, that was a long time ago mind

Might those Leeds fans you know be bitter do you think? He clearly didn't want to be there and was only actually there a week or so wasn't he? I wouldn't take there opinion if him too seriously to be honest.

I remember watching him play for Leeds vs the Goons in the FA cup. He was the only decent player Leeds had that night.

Might those Leeds fans you know be bitter do you think? He clearly didn't want to be there and was only actually there a week or so wasn't he? I wouldn't take there opinion if him too seriously to be honest.

Quite possibly, Leeds fans are generally a bitter bunch anyway, with massive chips on their shoulder, but it does point to Andros not being the most professional player when things aren't to his liking, as opposed to when everything is rosey and as he likes it. Like, i get the impression that if he fell out of favour with a particular manager, he wouldn't buckle down in training and force his way back into his plans like, e.g. Dawson did with AVB, but he'd probably sulk, create problems and demand a transfer.

Quite possibly, Leeds fans are generally a bitter bunch anyway, with massive chips on their shoulder, but it does point to Andros not being the most professional player when things aren't to his liking, as opposed to when everything is rosey and as he likes it. Like, i get the impression that if he fell out of favour with a particular manager, he wouldn't buckle down in training and force his way back into his plans like, e.g. Dawson did with AVB, but he'd probably sulk, create problems and demand a transfer.

I don't get that impression about Andros at all. Which is why this particular piece of itk smells like bull**** to me.

Certainly, Townsend might want to leave if he doesn't think that he'll get a regular place in the team. But that isn't acting up or sulking or being disruptive. That's just protecting his career and wanting to play rather than being happy just to sit on the bench and take home a handsome wage. And that's a good thing.

Grayson brought him in on loan and was sacked straight away.. .

Back