• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

I wonder if we'll see Maddison as back up to Bissouma. He ticks all the boxes - comfortable on the ball, can break defensive lines in midfield. He occasionally picks up the ball deep already. Further up, we can have a different kind of creativity from players who cannot play the Biss role, like Bentancur or Deki or even Fati. I think the versatility of one or two players, Maddison and Bentancur in particular, means six midfielders rather than seven is good enough, provided they are all competitive for starting places.
I’d hope not
It’s not his game IMO

I’d hope not
It’s not his game IMO
To be clear, I don't think it's ideal. I think our fortunes this season depend on the fitness and availability (and the form) of both Bissouma and Maddison. But given the absurdity of the market in the next few days, and the uncertainty regarding exactly who we can bring in, and considering the fact that the rebuild has only just begun, this might just be an option in some games. We need players to break the lines, otherwise we are insufficiently creative, and I don't think we'll be able to get a third player in who can do that in the next 48 (42?) hours.

Plus, let's not forget we have the ACNs from 13th Jan - 11th Feb
With the gulf in quality between first team and bench... We better collect as many points as we can before the ACN. Hopefully Ange can tinker his system to fit the remaining players.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Fati wouldn’t fit though the door. Or at least his wages and future fee wouldn’t. So we cooled our interest. Barca then briefed the press to drum up interest.

We are trying with Johnson. Ange really likes him. Thinks he can turn him into a player. Has all the attributes he’s looking for. Forest not desperate to sell but I think it will get done.

As a 90 min keeper he is enough for the bench.

Long term injury for Vicario would have me worried but the saving grace is there aren't any penalty shootouts in the premier league - Fulham's only way of missing one was if it was off target so that's not great as a starting point in tournament football.

Long term injury for Vicario would have me worried but the saving grace is there aren't any penalty shootouts in the premier league - Fulham's only way of missing one was if it was off target so that's not great as a starting point in tournament football.

Yeh I would be worried about VAR and its trigger happy nature on Pens

Haha, it sounds like the PR gang have been briefed !
1f602.png
But here's the latest: The deal for Gallagher is officially off; we've stepped away from the table. Pierre turned down Fulham's 30 million offer this morning. Atletico made a loan offer, but it wasn't reasonable, with just a 2 million loan fee and a 15 million purchase option - not happening. Sanchez is currently in talks with a club, and there's still a chance that could go through, but we'd need a replacement. Unfortunately, the Kelly deal fell through because Bournemouth isn't keen on late-window dealings off finding a replacement .

I hope you've all enjoyed my updates as they came in through this window and today . I apologise that we couldn't secure what we needed in some areas, but hopefully, Ange can work with this squad until January. Thanks for following along!

WLB
1f618.png

Haha, it sounds like the PR gang have been briefed !
1f602.png
But here's the latest: The deal for Gallagher is officially off; we've stepped away from the table. Pierre turned down Fulham's 30 million offer this morning. Atletico made a loan offer, but it wasn't reasonable, with just a 2 million loan fee and a 15 million purchase option - not happening. Sanchez is currently in talks with a club, and there's still a chance that could go through, but we'd need a replacement. Unfortunately, the Kelly deal fell through because Bournemouth isn't keen on late-window dealings off finding a replacement .

I hope you've all enjoyed my updates as they came in through this window and today . I apologise that we couldn't secure what we needed in some areas, but hopefully, Ange can work with this squad until January. Thanks for following along!

WLB
1f618.png

So it's all his fault that we couldn't get all our targets or move on players?

Back