• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
What about whats his name Grobelaar? Bent as a seven pound note. I would pay the refs much more. Considering how big the game's turnover is and their resonsibilities, they are paid a pittance.

There is influence and bias but I think it is at a subconscious level. You'd be blind not to see that Utd get many many game changing decisions in their favour, but I honestly don't think that the refs intentionally start a match with that in mind. It happens all the same though.

The only solution is technology and retrospective punishment. They've done it in other sports so why not football? I really don't understand it.

There is influence and bias but I think it is at a subconscious level. You'd be blind not to see that Utd get many many game changing decisions in their favour, but I honestly don't think that the refs intentionally start a match with that in mind. It happens all the same though.

The only solution is technology and retrospective punishment. They've done it in other sports so why not football? I really don't understand it.

Because they want the big teams to benefit, if technology is brought in, then they won't. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Corruption will exist anywhere where big money is involved, however i think with regards to todays incident and the one(or two....havent seen Chelsea's 2nd goal to comment on) yesterday we are more talking about bias towards certain teams.

People talk about decisions evening themselves out over the course of the season and yes all teams will get decisions go in their favour sometimes, but i truly believe that the bigger teams get many more decisions in their favours than others.

I dont understand how so many times such simple decisions can be wrong when the bigger (more recently succesfull) teams are involved to the detriment of the other clubs. I do believe officials need to be held more accountable than they currently are. Officials who repeatedly make mistake after mistake need to be taken to task somehow and i dont think they are currently.

With the amount of money in the game and the culture of greed and materialism, then there has to be corruption in some form.

You cannot help but think its bent.. what with Chelsea yesterday and Utd today.

If it is corrupt the easiest way is through refereeing as they are fall guys and are not open to critism unless it happens constantly. The EPL has a great deal to lose if teams such as Utd are not in the title hunt year after year and lets be honest who here at somepoint hasen't asked themselves how the fudge is this Utd team doing so well. Saying this I reckon something will happen to Arsenal today to keep the title race going should City not be winning by half time.

Officials act in such a way as to minimise the likelihood of negative publicity for themselves and, by extension, the FA suits in charge of the way the game is run. It's much easier for them to give the "controversial" decisions in favour of the big teams because they know that it'll attract far less media attention than any incorrect decision given the other way. It might get a mention or two on Match of the Day and Hansen and Lawrenson will make disapproving noises, but that'll be the end of it. Much easier for them to move on from than the BBC giving Ferguson all the air-time he wants to demand your head on a plate.

Officials act in such a way as to minimise the likelihood of negative publicity for themselves and, by extension, the FA suits in charge of the way the game is run. It's much easier for them to give the "controversial" decisions in favour of the big teams because they know that it'll attract far less media attention than any incorrect decision given the other way. It might get a mention or two on Match of the Day and Hansen and Lawrenson will make disapproving noises, but that'll be the end of it. Much easier for them to move on from than the BBC giving Ferguson all the air-time he wants to demand your head on a plate.

I am not sure that is true to be honest, it attracts just as much media attension either way. As a example look at the coverage in the papers, on the radio and TV that the decisions for Chelski have recieved.

From Bluemoon. I see a boycoutt moment

A banner the same size as the one that is passed down the side of the Kippax before every game. I'm pretty sure we can raise the money on here and get it done for QPR at home.

A simple statement that reads :

"The Premier League is a Farse"

A banner the same size as the one that is passed down the side of the Kippax before every game. I'm pretty sure we can raise the money on here and get it done for QPR at home.

:lol: Hopefully they check their spelling before they part with their cash.

I am not sure that is true to be honest, it attracts just as much media attension either way. As a example look at the coverage in the papers, on the radio and TV that the decisions for Chelski have recieved.

I'd say that'd be the exception, rather than the rule, though. Imagine the shіt-storm there would be if an incorrect decision in favour of a QPR or a Wigan were to cost Ferguson a title. There'd be no coming back from that for Mr. Mason or his ilk.

Who would pass it over the empty seats though ??

Good post.

I'd say that'd be the exception, rather than the rule, though. Imagine the shіt-storm there would be if an incorrect decision in favour of a QPR or a Wigan were to cost Ferguson a title. There'd be no coming back from that for Mr. Mason or his ilk.

Still not sure it would, the media like fans love a ref witch hunt and will pick up on any so called mistake.

Yeah... In part because their club made it one...

dingdongheads.

Back