• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

isn't it time to stop the Y word...?

What is our community? I thought it was people of any nationality, race, ethnic group, sexual preference, political alliance, gender, financial position, religious belief in fact anyone who are foolish enough to follow us, all are welcome.

Boom.

That simple, I'm a bit sad the club even commented on it. What next the draught in Peru which will cause their coffee harvest to fail.

I wish no one any harm as I hope no one else on here does. But why can't they just run the club.

I like the stuff they do helping local school children aspire to more. Fcuking politics is everywhere though these days.

Nice sentiment, KDDDD, and one I support. But it's not hard to wonder how many Arab nationality Spurs fans there actually are? And how many would vociferously chant 'Yid Army!'?

Saying nothing would have been significantly better than the milquetoast "Something, something, both sides" bottle job that the club put out.

Good on him for having the courage of his convictions though, many wouldn't. If the club is going to fail so hard in supporting its own community and help to create this false narrative of equivalence that continues to do so much damage, then shame on them.
So are Arab and Muslim or even Palestinian Tottenham fans not part of "our community"?

I’ve seen quite a few great posts in this thread and many sentiments I agree with
It’s the intent in any language that matters
I’ve refrained from using it as much as a I can because I know it offends some people
That’s my choice and one I’ve taken. My mates still sing it
That’s their choice
They don’t care one but about any religions IMO. They are all middle England people who just want an easy life and to enjoy the football. I do believe that most would stop with more focussed and relevant education from people who they can associate with (other spurs fans for a start)
But none of my mates sing it to be derogatory to anyone who is Jewish as far as I can tell. That’s the intent part that really matters for me. But then I’m not Jewish so I personally can’t be offended by it.

Tottenham chief resigns over "lack of moral clarity" on Israel-Hamas conflict
Jonathan Adelman, the chair of Tottenham's Tribute Trust, has tendered his resignation in an open letter criticising the club's statement in the wake of the Hamas attack in Israel

What an absolute tw*t. We are a football club, we should not be commenting on anything.

No, he is NOT a tw*t.

IF you want to disagree with what he's done, that's one thing, but DON'T call him 'an absolute tw*t' when a) you don't know him, and b) he isn't.

Jonny is one of my very best mates. And again, let me tell YOU, unequivocally, he is absolutely NOT an 'absolute tw*t'! That man has stood by me in some VERY dark times, continually goes out of his way to be a thoroughly good person to as many human beings as possible REGARDLESS of race, creed, class, whatever, and (funnily enough) despite your comment, would be one of the first to lend a helping hand to you if he saw you in trouble in the street despite what you said.

EDIT: I am aware that this is counter to every sentiment I recently expressed with regards to people being 'kind' to each other here. But I make NO apology whatsoever for defending a dear friend who is one of the most decent people I know.

Last edited:
No, he is NOT a tw*t.

IF you want to disagree with what he's done, that's one thing, but DON'T call him 'an absolute tw*t' when a) you don't know him, and b) he isn't.

Jonny is one of my very best mates. And again, let me tell YOU, unequivocally, he is absolutely NOT an 'absolute tw*t'! That man has stood by me in some VERY dark times, continually goes out of his way to be a thoroughly good person to as many human beings as possible REGARDLESS of race, creed, class, whatever, and (funnily enough) despite your comment, would be one of the first to lend a helping hand to you if he saw you in trouble in the street despite what you said.

EDIT: I am aware that this is counter to every sentiment I recently expressed with regards to people being 'kind' to each other here. But I make NO apology whatsoever for defending a dear friend who is one of the most decent people I know.

He might be the nicest guy in the world and a good guy to have a beer with. But if he was my mate and quit a job just because they did not virtue signal and light the building up in Israel colours, then I would be telling them they were a tw*t.

Not a big thing because I think we can all be tw*ts at times.

Don't think the club should be even commenting on the war, or any war.

If the money is huge, I don’t think it will cause a moment’s thought.

Exactly, just like how we think plays are fans who will only go to certain clubs.

I'd actually tell everyone to expect a bid from Quatar soon enough as United has fallen through.

What is our community? I thought it was people of any nationality, race, ethnic group, sexual preference, political alliance, gender, financial position, religious belief in fact anyone who are foolish enough to follow us, all are welcome.
It is. And some of them know or are related to those murdered by terrorists. We should be supporting them.

We should support all victims of murder. The Isreal/Palestine problem has been created by colonial powers hoping to sweep their problems away, there's no quick fix solution.
Scara probably just thinks dropping bombs and killing all the brown people will sort it out. [emoji28][emoji854][emoji52]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He might be the nicest guy in the world and a good guy to have a beer with. But if he was my mate and quit a job just because they did not virtue signal and light the building up in Israel colours, then I would be

I see.
Thing is, you're not. And further, you have no context other than your own opinion on whether the club should, or shouldn't, be engaging. If I were in your shoes, I'd simply state my opinion (if I felt it necessary) and not throw it out from behind a cheap hit on someone you don't know.

Scara probably just thinks dropping bombs and killing all the brown people will sort it out. [emoji28][emoji854][emoji52]

Not the most useful comment is it. Do you really think anybody on this forum wants 'bombs dropped on 'brown' people' FFS?

And on that, you do know that there are many 'brown' Israelis, right? Seriously, sort it out!

Again (and in this forum I feel it has to be repeated) there is a huge tragedy going on and there are millions of innocent people caught as collateral. It is appalling. I feel immensely awful for the millions having to move, the thousands who have died.

Not the most useful comment is it. Do you really think anybody on this forum wants 'bombs dropped on 'brown' people' FFS?

And on that, you do know that there are many 'brown' Israelis, right? Seriously, sort it out!

Again (and in this forum I feel it has to be repeated) there is a huge tragedy going on and there are millions of innocent people caught as collateral. It is appalling. I feel immensely awful for the millions having to move, the thousands who have died.
If you've seen Scara's posts over the years you would know my post wasn't disingenuous nor did he disagree.

If you've seen Scara's posts over the years you would know my post wasn't disingenuous nor did he disagree.

Not bothered about that, just pointing out the factual inaccuracy of what you said. Your suggestion was that only Palestinian people are brown, which is total and utter gonad*s!

I personally think the current situation requires a little more care but hey-ho, that's just me. On a side-note, I am a little more touchy than most on 'brown' matters. My father was Iranian, and brown, but whenever racially abused, he was called a 'paki' or 'paki bastard'...

Not bothered about that, just pointing out the factual inaccuracy of what you said. Your suggestion was that only Palestinian people are brown, which is total and utter gonad*s!

I personally think the current situation requires a little more care but hey-ho, that's just me. On a side-note, I am a little more touchy than most on 'brown' matters. My father was Iranian, and brown, but whenever racially abused, he was called a 'paki' or 'paki bastard'...

Where did I say only Palestinians are brown?

Btw I'm not white and much more overtly than yourself so I'm probably a little more aware of brown matters than even yourself.

Ps. You missed the point of my post. I wasn't being flippant for the sake of it. I was responding to Scara's quite frankly ridiculous viewpoints.

Where did I say only Palestinians are brown?

Btw I'm not white and much more overtly than yourself so I'm probably a little more aware of brown matters than even yourself.

Ps. You missed the point of my post. I wasn't being flippant for the sake of it. I was responding to Scara's quite frankly ridiculous viewpoints.

Here is what I read the point of your post to be.

You were suggesting that Scara somehow 'didn't mind' bombing Palestinians; that was what your inference was (to my eye) intended to suggest. I was pointing out that not only Palestinians are 'brown', thus IF you wanted to make such a point/accusation, you'd be best keep colour out of it as it actually does nothing to support your point, indeed, it confuses it. It's also (again IMO) very unhelpful.

Frankly, if you're more aware of 'brown matters' than me, I'd have thought this was a no-brainer.

PERSONALLY, I have absolutely no issues with you whatsoever mate. How could I? We don't know each other beyond this forum.

So with that said, best wishes, and here's hoping that we ALL get what we want from this, which is peace in the region. Forums are strange places to express opinions these days, and I am sure I fall foul of the traps myself more often than I think.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last week hosted the third annual Tech Slam UK as a collaboration between the Club’s Foundation and The Hidden Genius Project.

The initiative aims to empower youth from diverse backgrounds to explore career opportunities within the worlds of sports and technology.

Students from local schools were invited to the stadium for a series of workshops facilitated by TEAM, Inc., Oakland Natives Give Back, and Creative Hut which focused on exposing youth to tech skills using sports and technology.

tech-slam-4.jpg

tech-slam-1.jpg

tech-slam-2.jpg

tech-slam-3.jpg

tech-slam-4.jpg

tech-slam-1.jpg

tech-slam-2.jpg

tech-slam-3.jpg

tech-slam-4.jpg

They should just focus on doing this stuff.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last week hosted the third annual Tech Slam UK as a collaboration between the Club’s Foundation and The Hidden Genius Project.

The initiative aims to empower youth from diverse backgrounds to explore career opportunities within the worlds of sports and technology.

Students from local schools were invited to the stadium for a series of workshops facilitated by TEAM, Inc., Oakland Natives Give Back, and Creative Hut which focused on exposing youth to tech skills using sports and technology.

tech-slam-4.jpg

tech-slam-1.jpg

tech-slam-2.jpg

tech-slam-3.jpg

tech-slam-4.jpg

tech-slam-1.jpg

tech-slam-2.jpg

tech-slam-3.jpg

tech-slam-4.jpg

They should just focus on doing this stuff.

I'm a huge fan of the stuff we do locally, is something everyone should be proud of with the association with Spurs.

Back