• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is this acceptable?

raboner

Banned
I'm 24 years old.. I live in a share-house with three other mates..

Every friday one of these mates decides that it's ok to invite his deadbeat mate over and smoke 'ice', 'shard' or in layman's terms methamphetamine.

Don't get me wrong, I am prone to the occasional use of narcotics, whether it's smoking the odd joint or doing a line of charlie or speed when i am out, now and again, but is it justifiable for a PRICK to do this on a weekly (often sessions lasting all weekend) basis?

It's almost impossible to live with him and i plan to move out at the end of our lease period.

Am i being unreasonable? It's impossible to hangout here on a weekend when he is rambling like a fried drug fiend.

Not to mention he's been on a downward spiral since the age of 17-18...

And before you all start, as mates, we have tried to help him, we have done our best to assist and advise him against, but ultimately, surely it's his decision if he wants to make a change?

I just feel sad that one day, it will take his life...

sigh.. rant over.

I'd tell him I want my deposit money and get the fudge out right now. Meth is nasty, nasty brick and he's an arsehole for bringing it into your house.

I'd tell him I want my deposit money and get the fudge out right now. Meth is nasty, nasty brick and he's an arsehole for bringing it into your house.

This, pretty shocking behaviour when you live with other people, does he keep it to his room at least?

Just to say mate, you can't carry everyone with you. As horrible as it is to accept, you can't help some people. Maybe he'll have a moment of clarity, maybe he'll kill himself.

Sounds like you've been trying for long enough, no point in affecting your life over it.

Read William S Burroughs' Junky some time, it describes perfectly how absolutely hopeless some people's lives are, regardless of help that is offered. Not a happy read but it might help you walk out the door.

This, pretty shocking behaviour when you live with other people, does he keep it to his room at least?

that's the problem, no he doesn't... i might have to read the book suggested by wookie... appreciate the meaningful feedback.. the rest, thanks for nothing.

Doing that kind of thing in the gaff on a weekly basis is bad enough but if he's not doing it in private then thats going overboard, fudge him off or get out of there pal.

I'm 24 years old.. I live in a share-house with three other mates..

Every friday one of these mates decides that it's ok to invite his deadbeat mate over and smoke 'ice', 'shard' or in layman's terms methamphetamine.

Don't get me wrong, I am prone to the occasional use of narcotics, whether it's smoking the odd joint or doing a line of charlie or speed when i am out, now and again, but is it justifiable for a PRICK to do this on a weekly (often sessions lasting all weekend) basis?

It's almost impossible to live with him and i plan to move out at the end of our lease period.

Am i being unreasonable? It's impossible to hangout here on a weekend when he is rambling like a fried drug fiend.

Not to mention he's been on a downward spiral since the age of 17-18...

And before you all start, as mates, we have tried to help him, we have done our best to assist and advise him against, but ultimately, surely it's his decision if he wants to make a change?

I just feel sad that one day, it will take his life...

sigh.. rant over.

Leave immediately.

I have a sniff of tackle a couple of times a year and the odd spliff......but sat around doing meth?

Bye bye

Just to say mate, you can't carry everyone with you. As horrible as it is to accept, you can't help some people.
Agree with that, sounds like you've tried to help him.

What do your other 2 mates think of it, can't the 3 of you kick him out or something rather than you having to leave?

the three of us all oppose what he does, the hard part is that one of them is a twin brother of the 'meth-addict' .... so it really is hard.. realistically, the lease runs out in may/june and i am looking for my own place for now.. as hard as it is, i think that is the choice i have to make.. i can't go on hoping that he will change.

Strange question but is his twin an identicle twin?

Might be worth him seeing what he used to look like and how he looks now (I suspect). That said, like any addiction, you try to ignore issues.

You can't kick him out it seems so you need to move out - I'm sure there are other house shares if you cannot move in alone (financially)

i had an uncle who was an addict and died from an overdose. i know people take the tinkle..but don't do drugs & stay the fudge away from people who do.

i had an uncle who was an addict and died from an overdose. i know people take the tinkle..but don't do drugs & stay the fudge away from people who do.

A blanket phrase kind of misses the point. After all alcohol and caffeine are drugs. Stay away from the more dangerous ones and you should be alright.

I am of the opinion that you should do what you want, as long as it is not affecting anyone else in a negative way. Let him know that it is affecting people thus and see what he says.

If he won't stop then your perfectly within your rights to find some way to make him stop.

Last edited:
Why not set up a meth lab in your kitchen. If he's going to do it anyway, you could at least profit.

Also, see if you can get him to scrub the place from top to bottom while he's high - bet you can.

how long til the end of your lease? if it not long, maybe just ride it out whilst looking for other places to live (with your other flat mates?)

were you hopeful of getting your deposit back anyway? (if not, you could just cut and run - but you'd still be liable for the property until end of contract so LL could pursue you throguh courts if damage was done after you had left - you'd have no control over that)

someone above mentioned calling the police - this is the best option IMHO.
clean the place up so you and your housemates dont get done - call the police. dont hide the fact you called them (protect yourself from being arrested for anything etc).

you will probably lose a friend over it, but you will sort out your problem and you may just save his life in the process

A blanket phrase kind of misses the point. After all alcohol and caffeine are drugs. Stay away from the more dangerous ones and you should be alright.

I am of the opinion that you should do what you want, as long as it is not affecting anyone else in a negative way. Let him know that it is affecting people thus and see what he says.

If he won't stop then your perfectly within your rights to find some way to make him stop.

ambiguous at best.

ambiguous at best.

Not really, if you know enough about the subject you will know which ones are more dangerous and which ones are safer.

As your view on it is don't do any drugs ever, i doubt you have actually looked into them.

Back