• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I just read that's 4 wins innl 25 games against top 10 sides under Southgate.....if true that's a poor return
Definitely passes the “eye test”, feels like whenever we come up against anyone on a par or higher ranked than us we lose. Happily steam roll the other teams though, we’re just flat track bully’s under Southgate. Which to be fair to him is an improvement on his immediate predecessor’s.

Went sports bar last night. 02:00 in the morning. Brian the owner trying to find the game. Finally put on a youtube channel.

We're all out of our nuts and a german guy was having an argument with his girlfriend. So it took us a while to realise we were watching someone play fifa.
It's mental how YouTube is flooded with FIFA (Or FC24 or whatever it is now) highlights after every game. Always wondered who was watching those? Bloody annoying when trying to find real highlights though

All the talk I hear about the England team forgets they need a passer in midfield
And the favoured choice seems to be moving a right back there…. Nuts
Whenever I watch England play (less and less now) you can see that the team just has no balance and relies on brilliance rather than its structure

That was the first England game I've watched for ages (not shown in Oz).
I was genuinely surprised at how poor they were. No speed, no real strategy, no urgency and worst of all, no creativity.

Yeh that's the surprise for me, decent players out there and Southgate has been incharge for sometime now. But I struggle to see a system and style or even understand what our footballing philosophy is, after so many years and a grasp on the side, that's poor IMO

Yeh that's the surprise for me, decent players out there and Southgate has been incharge for sometime now. But I struggle to see a system and style or even understand what our footballing philosophy is, after so many years and a grasp on the side, that's poor IMO
No excuse for not having a system or style. And it's not done to the quality of players. I've always said, you should play each game like you're playing Brazil/Argentina/France/Spain etc, in hot weather, as that's what it always comes down to, and that's what you need to prepare for. If you can get a few players from one ot two teams, and play the the system they do for their club, you're halfway there.

The only consistent I see is defensive frailty. No surprise given he keeps picking slaphead to start.

The only consistent I see is defensive frailty. No surprise given he keeps picking slaphead to start.
The problem is, if you work with someone long enough you build up a relationship and it gets harder to let them go. But if you want to win at all costs, you need the gonad*s to make hard decisions, in fact it also stops the other players from getting comfy. See also Henderson ffs.

Mad that he used to play 3 at the back every other game and then also put Rice and Phillips in front of them because he was too scared to take the handbrake off. Now we are playing a back 4 and still have Maguire there regularly making mistakes, Although pundits still say 'He has never let England down"! It's gonna be interesting to see what he does now going forward.

Mad that he used to play 3 at the back every other game and then also put Rice and Phillips in front of them because he was too scared to take the handbrake off. Now we are playing a back 4 and still have Maguire there regularly making mistakes, Although pundits still say 'He has never let England down"! It's gonna be interesting to see what he does now going forward.
Hopefully becomes utds manager.

Back