• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I think it’s wrong to change the colour of the flag. I am not going to lose any sleep over it myself. But why change it? Why is it being ‘playful’ to do that? It’s obviously just going to a) upset people and b) feed into the ridiculous thing of blaming everything on ‘woke’. Just a pointless change for no real reason that I have seen.
Nobody seemed to mind that the Union Jack was given a makeover for the London Olympics; but the Conservatives weren’t desperately trying to avoid electoral oblivion by stoking ridiculous culture wars back then, I suppose.

I think its hilarious that the English who have been ruled by French, Welsh, Scots, Dutch and Germany monachy for almost a thousand years are to blame for all the terrible actions taken by evil rich people who's only loyalty is to there own position of power. It's not nations it's the bricks at the top who are to blame.

And a lot of people who want every immigrant to come here and experience the good life spend half the time slagging the country off and complaining about how bad it is and how intolerant we are. Not sure if they realise that the immigrants that have settled here and have been a success story don’t like it when English people slate their own country.

The act of union, the clearances, sanitisation and commodification of culture etc. 300 years of suppression.

Small is always better. Supranational organisations like the EU and the UK are just power grabs by the ruling classes. Everyone is better off without them
Suppression, jeez.
Scots have held every major post in the British government, been the governor general of every colony, head of all the armed forces, and just about every position that matters, including monarch.
Leading lights in British institutions of science, technology, education and reformation.
At the forefront of the industrial revolution, watt, Stevenson, Dunlop, macadam to name but a few.
Ships built on the Clyde carried trade to every part of the world.
Cotton produced in paisley clothed the world.
Train Engines built in Springburn went to China, India, south America and just about everywhere in between.
Burns night is celebrated all over the world.
There are Caledonian societies all over the world.
Where does that song sung at hogmanay (usually badly) come from again? Same with that alcoholic beverage that is one of the most iconic and revered products ever.
Some suppression that.

The act of union, the clearances, sanitisation and commodification of culture etc. 300 years of suppression.

Small is always better. Supranational organisations like the EU and the UK are just power grabs by the ruling classes. Everyone is better off without them

I agree the rulers did all those terrible thing but be fair to them they did it to the English peasants as well, no discrimination when it came to getting what they wanted

Pretending Greater England isnt really that by calling it Britain. Giving the colonials sham 'devolved' parliaments. The same nonsense the rest of the empire was mostly able to shake off in the 40s and 50s

It was a union. A scot litterally became our king.

If anything they took over england.

So.....Brazil game tomorrow should be good innit.

Funny how it's now a rare treat watching Kane play, in addition to not being bothered about him playing almost every available minute of every friendly / dead rubber qualifying match.

Saw some clickbait the other day with our best proposed XI and the caption "How can we not win the Euros with this lineup!?!?". It's almost as if the best line up on paper doesn't always win the tournament, Portugal were average AF but it didn't stop them. The mouth breathers were out in full force already declaring that it will be Southgate's fault on the post, as ever no useful suggestions as to who should be in his position.

He won’t play a minute.

Bayern won’t allow the risk.

It was a union. A scot litterally became our king.

If anything they took over england.

The things is "they" didn't, the leader of a group of gangsters in the north of this island did. That's all royalty is a long line of gangster families with lots of hangers on.

The things is "they" didn't, the leader of a group of gangsters in the north of this island did. That's all royalty is a long line of gangster families with lots of hangers on.

Ah, but it was our gangster family, not some Diego, frog, wop or papist gangster family.
And when that inbreeding failed, who'd a thunk it, we turned to our Dutch, and then German gangster cousins, but at least it wasn't a Diego, frog, blah, blah blah bloody blah.

Ah, but it was our gangster family, not some Diego, frog, wop or papist gangster family.
And when that inbreeding failed, who'd a thunk it, we turned to our Dutch, and then German gangster cousins, but at least it wasn't a Diego, frog, blah, blah blah bloody blah.

Now we got an indian in charge. Yeah we hate foreigners.

Appreciate Brazil don’t have a fully fit team out tonight but looking at that squad they’re really not all that. They don’t have any world class forwards except perhaps Vini Jr. certainly not the legendary conveyor belt of forwards they had in the 90s/2000s. No doubt they will be favourites for the next World Cup just because they’re Brazil. They’re always the favourites regardless of their actual talent.

Appreciate Brazil don’t have a fully fit team out tonight but looking at that squad they’re really not all that. They don’t have any world class forwards except perhaps Vini Jr. certainly not the legendary conveyor belt of forwards they had in the 90s/2000s. No doubt they will be favourites for the next World Cup just because they’re Brazil. They’re always the favourites regardless of their actual talent.
Rodrygo and Raphinha are both quality. Real Madrid and Barcelona don't sign mugs.

But you can tell they've got five debutants playing tonight, look rusty. But when it clicks, it's nice.

Rodrygo and Raphinha are both quality. Real Madrid and Barcelona don't sign mugs.

Doesn’t stack up against the calibre of forwards they had 15-20 years ago IMO. They’re a good side, they’re just not the best team in the world anymore and haven’t been for a long time. Tbf I think international football is pretty even. There’s no team that’s clearly better than everyone else like Spain were from 2008-2012. The gap between the top countries and teams like Croatia has also closed.

Chilwell has been dogbrick, Konsa's looked solid at RB since coming on

Brazil getting stuck in more than I would have thought, Paqueta walking a bit of a tightrope. Rather fortunate to go in with a clean sheet. I was a brilliant tackle to deny Watkins, who hasn't been awful but can't help but think Toney has a bit more of an all round game. Walker hoofing the ball in to Maguire was humourous.

Back