• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Who do the naysayers want to be manager?

So many bitch and moan but offer no actual suggestions, apparently winning the world cup is as easy as dropping Henderson and Maguire.

Ukraine deserved the draw and played well, we got a point away but looked a bit disjointed. Still bossing the group but obviously not against top level opposition other than Italy.

they are that bad, it might just be :D, England do have the best player on the planet in Kane

I've got no skin in the game, but I reckon Southgate is doing a decent job mostly, and he does seem like a good bloke

it's international football, no proper manager is going to do it until they get on the retirement offramp

We could have a coat stand as manager based on its ability to pick the same squads every year without fail.

Last edited:
they are that bad, it might just be :D, England do have the best player on the planet in Kane

I've got no skin in the game, but I reckon Southgate is doing a decent job mostly, and he does seem like a good bloke

it's international football, no proper manager is going to do it until they get on the retirement offramp

Maguire's been great for England for ages whilst being a trainwreck for United, it's a delightful mystery that will hopefully go on forever.

I'm more inclined to criticize Henderson after his move, the reaction apparently hurt him, no doubt he still finds a way to sleep at night. Good enough to get us through qualifications but not going to dominate games at the Euros.

Sacking Southgate isn't necessarily the answer much like rehiring Capello isn't going to work, Portugal looked toss and had a load of players thag didn't play at the top level but still won the Euros. It's a sad parallel with Spurs and England, oozing talent and great infastructure but inevitably let's you down when it matters.

Should've been Redknapp when he was still relevant. Now? Who is English and known for playing attacking football? Does Howe? He'll be out of a job soon.

Should've been Redknapp when he was still relevant. Now? Who is English and known for playing attacking football? Does Howe? He'll be out of a job soon.

why do they have to play attacking football?

England have three good players, Kane, Maddison and Bellingham, better to load the defence and hope those three can conjure something

Maguire's been great for England for ages whilst being a trainwreck for United, it's a delightful mystery that will hopefully go on forever.

I'm more inclined to criticize Henderson after his move, the reaction apparently hurt him, no doubt he still finds a way to sleep at night. Good enough to get us through qualifications but not going to dominate games at the Euros.

Sacking Southgate isn't necessarily the answer much like rehiring Capello isn't going to work, Portugal looked toss and had a load of players thag didn't play at the top level but still won the Euros. It's a sad parallel with Spurs and England, oozing talent and great infastructure but inevitably let's you down when it matters.

that's fair on Maguire, I think Pickford has been very reliable too, my explanation would be the drop in level that international football is compared to the PL

I get what you mean with the Spurs England parallel, there has been a bit of that, some absolute gems in the team, but bottled it when it mattered

regarding Portugal, you can win international comps with one good player, it was all about Ronaldo, so influential he didn't even need to be on the pitch to make a difference, Kane has gone into his shell twice in big games for England now, when it looked like being his time

that's fair on Maguire, I think Pickford has been very reliable too, my explanation would be the drop in level that international football is compared to the PL

I get what you mean with the Spurs England parallel, there has been a bit of that, some absolute gems in the team, but bottled it when it mattered

regarding Portugal, you can win international comps with one good player, it was all about Ronaldo, so influential he didn't even need to be on the pitch to make a difference, Kane has gone into his shell twice in big games for England now, when it looked like being his time

Yup, Pickford generally solid too. CB looks like the problem area long-term but Colwill will possibly come in to it but ideally not from the clusterfudge that is current day Chelsea.

Not sure I agree on the Portugal front nor the labelling of Ronaldo as a "good" player, a massive prick but one of the best. But even if you have one of the best waving their arms around from the sidelines you still have to do what's required. Can't even remember the name of the striker who put one away but they still won it.

Paxton spoke a while back about wanting to see Spurs winning something in his lifetime, I'd love to see both club and country doing the same and despite being possibly a bit younger I'm already at that stage where I'm worrying if it'll ever actually happen!

I've said i hope southgategoes after the euros.

Could you imagine what postecoglu could do with that squad? Not because of spurs but because he did it with australia.

Obviously i wish it never happens and ange stays and is successful with us for years. But someone else surely could do better than southgate.

Foden Kane saka
Maddison rice belingham

Seriously? Yes the defence is weaker. But that has to be the best front 6 in world football now.

I've said i hope southgategoes after the euros.

Could you imagine what postecoglu could do with that squad? Not because of spurs but because he did it with australia.

Obviously i wish it never happens and ange stays and is successful with us for years. But someone else surely could do better than southgate.

Foden Kane saka
Maddison rice belingham

Seriously? Yes the defence is weaker. But that has to be the best front 6 in world football now.

Who then, if not Ange or Southgate, any suggestions?

If appointed at the same time as Gareth, would Ange have done better than a semi and a final in two major competitions? We'll never know, is the answer of course.

why do they have to play attacking football?

England have three good players, Kane, Maddison and Bellingham, better to load the defence and hope those three can conjure something

Because it's good to watch and exciting, we are spectators, I'm hoping to be entertained. If I just want to watch a team win every game I'd just watch Celtic, PSG or Bayern Munich. I would like the whole emphasise of the game to change with teams trying to score rather than trying not to concede, we have had enough of that at Spurs.

Pochettino.

He's brought through more young English talent than anyone this last decade, and would just add that sprinkling of flair and passion

Back