• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Southgate has fallen into the biggest trap of them all which is now trying to fit players in a system rather than set a system first. In that team yesterday we had a RWB as RCB, and Saka on the LWBish role, its odd and looks confused. If after his time with this core of players he still does not know his system then he should not really be leading them now
Fully agree
He doesn’t have time to change things when he only has them 7 days

Its like that because he has us playing scared. A few years back we were fearless and tonking teams for laughs, including some great showings against Spain and Germany. Now we looked back in our box and devoid of confidence and ideas.
Spain was actually 4 years ago
We also had a midfielder who could keep the ball moving (winks)
One to sit (Dier) and one to be B2B… think it was Barkley

yeah it was Barkley

Spain was actually 4 years ago
We also had a midfielder who could keep the ball moving (winks)
One to sit (Dier) and one to be B2B… think it was Barkley

yeah it was Barkley

Yeh but we had a system and the right balance of players for that system and when you look at it on paper probably less talented than now with Gomez and Barkley. He went through a spell of promoting a positive approach, now the players look bored.

Not one goal in open play in 5 and an absolute tonking from the Hungarians. There are so many games that its probably always easy to make an excuse not to sack him but for me he is cooked.

Yeh but we had a system and the right balance of players for that system and when you look at it on paper probably less talented than now with Gomez and Barkley. He went through a spell of promoting a positive approach, now the players look bored.

Not one goal in open play in 5 and an absolute tonking from the Hungarians. There are so many games that its probably always easy to make an excuse not to sack him but for me he is cooked.
He had players, playing to their strengths. asking players to do things they can’t do easily makes no sense without coaching and international football isnt about coaching

He has players but he won't use them, thats on him
I think it’s a combination now
He IMO doesn’t know what system he wants so he is stuck
He has played such a variety as England manager he now doesn’t know what to do next
He needs that before he fixes the “players”

I think it’s a combination now
He IMO doesn’t know what system he wants so he is stuck
He has played such a variety as England manager he now doesn’t know what to do next
He needs that before he fixes the “players”

Good managers figure it out and make tough choices, I just had a look over the last 3/4 games on selections and formations and its shocking TBH

If we lose v Germany on Monday and the team gets booed off the pitch then I have no idea how Southgate stays. As manager of England, the supporters must have a significant input and how can he lead England in to a World Cup with so many doubters externally and now likely internally of the squad.

Southgate has fallen into the biggest trap of them all which is now trying to fit players in a system rather than set a system first. In that team yesterday we had a RWB as RCB, and Saka on the LWBish role, its odd and looks confused. If after his time with this core of players he still does not know his system then he should not really be leading them now

But he's not even doing that properly. He's trying to fit players into the system while keeping certain players who either don't fit the system or are out of form. So he doesn't even pick the best players for the system because there are certain players who he thinks must play. I think he played Saka at LWB because he'd decided he must play and didn't a LWB. In the end he decided that Saka was a better bet at LWB than Foden, Sterling or Kane. It was probably the correct decision, but he was asking the wrong question.

But he's not even doing that properly. He's trying to fit players into the system while keeping certain players who either don't fit the system or are out of form. So he doesn't even pick the best players for the system because there are certain players who he thinks must play. I think he played Saka at LWB because he'd decided he must play and didn't a LWB. In the end he decided that Saka was a better bet at LWB than Foden, Sterling or Kane. It was probably the correct decision, but he was asking the wrong question.

Yeh sorry probably didn't explain it that well but that's what I meant, he wants Saka in the side and James and Walker and they have all played a different role in the last few games to accommodate. It's odd

Yeh sorry probably didn't explain it that well but that's what I meant, he wants Saka in the side and James and Walker and they have all played a different role in the last few games to accommodate. It's odd

I think we're on the same page and it's quite hard to describe what he's trying to do. He has a system and a set of players he wants to play, so ends up playing the system without the most suitable players and picking a team without adjusting the system. Either alternative is better. Pick the system and select an appropriate team, even if it leaves out a player who deserves to start in a different system. Or pick the best players and create a system that fits them. Lots of good managers can do the former, especially at club level. Only the best can do the latter.

Southgate achieves what he should have
He should get credit for that
Now he needs to do a bit of transformative work… his lack of experience and arguably ability is showing
He is a nice guy but that doesn’t win you things in football
Problem is who comes in…
The players are at fault too imo.
England great on paper but players look like they not giving their all not taking risks etc.
Club rivalries getting in the way?

The players are at fault too imo.
England great on paper but players look like they not giving their all not taking risks etc.
Club rivalries getting in the way?
Club rivalries…
There aren’t any with these players
I do wonder did it’s fatigue still… too many games for some of these players at the wrong time
But I do agree they all seem to be at 90%

Club rivalries…
There aren’t any with these players
I do wonder did it’s fatigue still… too many games for some of these players at the wrong time
But I do agree they all seem to be at 90%
Other than the fact I think football is a lot more drilled at club level I wonder ir there is a little being held back to avoid injury. Most of the players are assured of their place and phoning it in seems to be the palatable option rather than skipping the games. Unless you play for Goons of course.

Shoe horning players into unfamiliar positions is always going to be a mistake imo though and the front 3 around Kane needs to have a 10 in there who can pass, not even a luxury at International level where it's slower. Rotate the dribblers based on performance.

Other than the fact I think football is a lot more drilled at club level I wonder ir there is a little being held back to avoid injury. Most of the players are assured of their place and phoning it in seems to be the palatable option rather than skipping the games. Unless you play for Goons of course.

Shoe horning players into unfamiliar positions is always going to be a mistake imo though and the front 3 around Kane needs to have a 10 in there who can pass, not even a luxury at International level where it's slower. Rotate the dribblers based on performance.

Kane should be the 10 that can pass for England. Get Rashford in ahead of him, or Toney, to play the Son role.

Kane should be the 10 that can pass for England. Get Rashford in ahead of him, or Toney, to play the Son role.
Think we miss another goal scorer like Toney of a pace Marchant like Rashford quite badly
They occupy CBS or spread play
We have everything going Central which is easy to deal with

The very arrogant TAA left out of the match day squad again

and title winning Tomori again gets 0 minutes but Maguire gets another 90, utterly ridiculous

Why pick TAA if he's not going to use him? If he doesn't fit the style of play leave him out. It seems like he's being picked as a PR exercise.

Back