• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Declan Rice should not be near any team that actually has the ball
The guy can do a decent job with defensive work but when you have the ball he is woeful
Strangely the game is scrappy but I haven’t noticed him at all

Kane has been running on fumes for 10 minutes now and Southgate still keeps him on

Southgate I think is actually clueless

No creativity in the middle so leaves Grealish on the bench too

Awful from Sterling with his final ball as always, no doubt I'll get called out on some on here for picking on him, who cares he is gash 90% of the time

Any idea why we’ve gone in with a right back at left back? Especially with an inverted wide forward ahead of him (Sterling). No width at all out there. Baffles me. I thought there were loads of options at LB.

Kane has been running on fumes for 10 minutes now and Southgate still keeps him on

Southgate I think is actually clueless

No creativity in the middle so leaves Grealish on the bench too

Awful from Sterling with his final ball as always, no doubt I'll get called out on some on here for picking on him, who cares he is gash 90% of the time

Totally obvious he has his favourites he thinks he can trust. No invention at all in the line up.

Decent game for Dele tbf.

Any idea why we’ve gone in with a right back at left back? Especially with an inverted wide forward ahead of him (Sterling). No width at all out there. Baffles me. I thought there were loads of options at LB.
Just poor management
Surely fat boy at united could have done a job

A five-day quarantine & a closed stadium - lone England fan makes trip to Iceland

Last updated on5 September 20205 September 2020.From the sectionFootball

_114258854_engfan3.png

Football fans have been forced to find new ways of supporting their teams of late, but one loyal England follower took that to a whole new level on Saturday.

As Gareth Southgate's side took on Iceland in their Nations League opener in Reykjavik, Chad Thomas could be found watching the action from behind a fence on the perimeter of the stadium.

That was despite the prospect of five days quarantined alone in a hotel room on arrival, before a match to be played behind closed doors.

It was a combination of factors which deterred all his fellow Three Lions supporters, but not Thomas.

The Frickley Athletic fan, from South Elmsall in Yorkshire, made the three-hour, £70 flight to Iceland, spending £410 on an 11-night stay, to be present for the Three Lions' largely uninspiring return to action.

_114258856_engfan2.png

"It was a spur of the moment thing," Thomas told Sky Sports News prior to kick-off.

"A lot of England fans would have come over if it wasn't for the quarantine. A lot of flights were booked."

Under current rules, those arriving in Iceland must submit two tests for Covid-19 either side of five days in quarantine, isolating until the results of the second test are known. After five days which were "lonely at times", Thomas was given the all-clear at 4.20pm on Friday.

Thomas was made to wait 90 minutes before being treated to a chaotic finale, as Raheem Sterling's 91st-minute penalty proved decisive once the hosts squandered the chance to equalise with a 93rd-minute spot-kick of their own.

He was also among the England fans to travel to Croatia to watch a behind-closed-doors match from a hill-top in October 2018 - though on that occasion the ban on fans was due to Uefa sanctions against Croatia and the game finished goalless.

On his distanced view of the action on Saturday, Thomas said it was "almost like being in the stadium", adding he goes the extra distance for England "for the love of football and for the love of travel".

"There's just nothing like it," he added. "In Russia our dreams almost came true when we were 22 minutes away from the final. If we had won that it could not have got any better. Hopefully, one day, it will happen."

_114258901_engfan1.png

Back