• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

In the home end whilst away..

There's a few pertaining to Chelsea fans in here and it reminded me of something.

My sisters boyfriend is a Leeds ST holder and when they recently played Chelsea he said that not once, but twice, he saw pool balls come flying over with one hitting some guy.

Utterly disgusting.

Never really seen the point. Can maybe understand it back in the day, but isn't the main purpose of going to games to enjoy the atmosphere, sing and support your team?

Seems to me if you can't do any of those things you may as well watch on TV, where you can actually celebrate scoring too.

I too was at the home end at Stamford Bridge, real brick hole.

Was the game where we lost 1-0 and Carvalho scored from about 25 yards. I was fudging hating it. Black steward was getting racially abused, the hissing oh the fudging hissing. Couldn't wait to leave.

Norwich- 92 I think. We rushed to the front to celebrate a Razor Ruddock free kick going in thus giving the game away, only for it to be disallowed and receive bemused looks from the Norwich fans.

Leicester away sometime in the 90s- Ferdinand scored for us, once again, me and my Dad celebrated openly, the home crowd got their revenge though when Muzzy Izzet scored a rocket late in the game to win it.

Madrid in the CL- Loads of Spurs fans got chucked out in my section, thought the Spaniards around me were going to inform the stewards I was English even though I just sat there quietly watching the game and even stood up to politely clap when they scored. I apologised to Madrid fans sitting next to me for the behaviour of the Spurs fans who caused trouble, all you can do really.

Stamford Bridge when we "parked the bus" not that it needs confirming but everything you hear about their anti semitism is correct from my experience. Truely awful people.

Highbury when Graham went back for the first time in 98/99?, a dull 0-0, I was quite young so didn't give a brick.

I could never sit in the home end at Arsenal v Spurs

Norwich- 92 I think. We rushed to the front to celebrate a Razor Ruddock free kick going in thus giving the game away, only for it to be disallowed and receive bemused looks from the Norwich fans.

Leicester away sometime in the 90s- Ferdinand scored for us, once again, me and my Dad celebrated openly, the home crowd got their revenge though when Muzzy Izzet scored a rocket late in the game to win it.

Madrid in the CL- Loads of Spurs fans got chucked out in my section, thought the Spaniards around me were going to inform the stewards I was English even though I just sat there quietly watching the game and even stood up to politely clap when they scored. I apologised to Madrid fans sitting next to me for the behaviour of the Spurs fans who caused trouble, all you can do really.

I did the same. I was in the Madrid end for the spurs game. Paid around 80 fudging euros face value the thieving knobs.
IMO their fans were a bunch of tossers of the highest order, luckily enough me + 10 others got chucked into the spurs end, not chucked out \o/

Leeds away in about 2002.

Arse away about five years ago. We lost 2-1 and I think I recall Keane missing a penalty. Berbs scored.

You know.............I could fill this thread all on my own ;)

Arsenal, Chelsea, QPR, Luton, Mansfield, Derby and Swindon to name but a few - but they were by choice ;-)
The one I am really pleased I avoided (as I was too young) was when the Spurs firm of the day decided it would be a good idea to take it to Sunderland in the Roker end - very brave but extremely foolhardy! There is a good thread on the incident on Ready to Go somewhere.
More recently Inter Milan.

Wasn't the fire bomb incident at the Lane in 1980?

No no, these were at the back of the north bank in 1980/81, fatty kendall was in goal, one of the first few games of the season...it was carnage and then beauty as two thirds of the north bank was spurs!!!!

My first game was at the Dell in 1990 when I was 9. No Gazza and we lost 3-0. My Dad has always said it was an uncomfortable experience for him as I wouldn't stop shouting for us. Sat there for the same fixture in 91/92 won 3-2 and 94/95 lost 4-3.

More recently Milan away. Was sat on my own about 25 rows down from our fans. The people next to me knew I was English but were fine, I sang along with our songs but nothing over the top. However after the Flamini tackle on Corluka a few Milan fans nearby got a bit feisty and started aiming the slit throat gesture towards our fans so I was a bit subdued after, even when Crouch scored. When they "equalised" I grudgingly got up and clapped but soon found myself going nuts when I saw the linesman flagging. No problems though, people were actually shaking my hand on their way out.

Done Arsenal in the mid 80's (old bill let 12 of us stay in their west stand despite the tossers moaning lol), Villa in 80 (not comfortable at all cos all you could see in the car park to the left of the holt end was a running battle, mouth shut job) and watford in the cup when VDV scored

DaveYid has reminded me.

I did Inter Milan away in the home end but it was practically like the spurs end anyway!! Thats when we took like 8,000-9,000 fans and there were loads in the Orange section I believe.
Chaos, but absolutely brilliant.

Only done it the once, away at Inter in the Champions League. We were sitting in a block surrounded by Italians. We were trying to keep a low profile and then this guy behind us tapped me on the shoulder and said "You English?" My heart sank, as I thought I was going to get a battering, but strangely he turned out to be an Italian Spurs fan. We got no grief at all, presumably because we were 3 - 0 down after 20 minutes and down to 10 men after 7, so I think they probably felt sorry for us. One of the Inter fans in front of us turned round at half time and sort of shrugged his shoulders as if to say, "Sorry boys, but what did you expect?"

I didn't really celebrate Bale's first goal because I didn't want to get beaten up, but I wish I had celebrated it the way it would have deserved. I didn't really celebrate his second either because again I didn't want to draw attention to myself. But after his third, I didn't give a fudge any more and went mental. None of the Inter fans around us seemed to mind, and indeed after the final whistle they were all shaking our hands and saying "Bale, fantastico!" as if we had been directly responsible for his performance. I think frankly they were just relieved that they won the game so were happy to take the three points.

Did it at Anfield in 1996 with a bunch of mates (we were about 15 at the time). The Liverpool fans were good about it to be fair. Boring 0-0 draw but I go to meet my hero (Dean Austin, I know, I know) outside. What a day!!!

My mate is a Stoke season ticket holder so I've been in the away end twice. The 2 points from 8 games year where we lost 2-1. Lost the plot shouting at Ramos after, which I don't usually do with managers, but the Stoke fans didn't give a fudge as they had beaten us.

The following year we won 2-1 and I was in with them again. Year we qualified for CL. Was in with the proper hardcore Stokies and my mate warned me beforehand to sit on my hands or I'd get my head kicked in. When Gudjohnson scored, it was the strangest sensation. Like an eruption (no smutty jokes please), that passed the whole way through my body but that I had to stop from being visible. Really weird. Great day though.

Remember being brought to Arsenal by my football team at 13 or 14 to watch them play Swindon and wearing a Spurs jersey in the scum end. Tried to keep it covered up but my mates thought it was a good idea to tell people. Not a lot of fun.

Fulham Away, 0-0 FA Cup Quarter Final about 3 seasons ago. Biggest takeover ever. The concourse at HT was like a who who's of the Park Lane on matchday. Managed to get in the away end for the last 15 too!

Back