• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

In the home end whilst away..

did it for the madrid cl game, there were about 6 of us in the block, it was fine really, i had a bit of a chat with a spanish couple, they are all mental and appeal everything but there was no edge, we didn't have to hide that we were spurs fans

Emirates: 4-4. Awful experience, had to bury my face into my coat when Bentley scored the screamer. Scum fans giving it large with the Going Down chants. Left in 88 min at 4-2, thankfully, probably wouldn't have been able to contain my celebration!

Anfield '92. Momentarily forgot I was surrounded by Scousers and celebrated Paul Stewart's equaliser. Good natured banter though, especially when they scored the winner, had to take a bit of stick. No bother at all.

Plus twice in Dublin and once in Belfast - Europa league, friendlies and testimonials, no problems.

Dublin, Europa - too drunk to care!

Anyone ever had to sit in the away section at WHL then?

On a kind of similar note, I swear I had a goon right next to me in the away end at Highbury in the final NLD there in 2006. I jumped on his shoulders when we scored (without suspecting him at this point), he was stood stock still, not celebrating. He also left early as I recall. Very strange incident.

On the original topic, I've did it a few times in my younger days at lower profile games. Couldn't see myself ever doing it again though. I'd rather miss the game than sit among opposition supporters nowadays.

One of my best mates is Chelsea. Old school, long time fan for 40 years.

He is also 6ft 6in tall, built like a brick brick-house, and a copper.

Few years back he got us tickets last minute for Chelsea - Spurs, but thought we would be ok as they were up in the gods of their main (West?) stand. Prawn sandwich area.

No.

Just before ko, fella sits down next to my mate, and starts giving it big time. "fudgein Jew this, fudgein Yid that"...........absolutely hate filled rhetoric for 90 mins.
He was tinkled, well tinkled, and during the course of his rants, it became clear he was a squaddie on leave. Even worse, it also became clear that he was from Crawley!!!!!!!!!!

My mate never lets on what he does when he is off duty, so just sat there embarrassed. I had to sit and take it too. And this guy was trying to get anti-Spurs songs going on his own, and looking at me to join in.
Every time we got near the goal, I prayed we didn't score.........and we didn't. Ended 0-0, thank christ.

Not a nice experience.

Prior to all seating, back in the naughty 80's, when Man Utd came to WHL they would get all of the Park lane lower.
I admit, that one particular game, about 30 of us got in there undetected, and kicked it off as the game started.
Big charge, and surge for a couple of minutes, then we got chucked out (obviously.....before we were bloody killed!!!). I don't know what I used to think back then. I'd never get involved in that sort of thing now.

Does anyone remember the north bank taking of 80/81? PM if you don't wish to say so!

Steff, I'm not sure!!!!

I was in there under similar circumstances in our first season back in Div 1. (78/79?) Even got in with spurs scarves wrapped round our stomachs, which the old bill missed when they searched us!!!!!
mental night.

I remember at the Werder game in the CL group stages I realised I had a German fan next to me. I was a tad narked, just from the point of view that I know our fans were desperate for home tickets for the CL games, and it really ought to be a Spurs fan. But he did seem a good guy, was totally respectful and seeming to want to take in the WHL experience, taking photos and that. We chatted a bit too, much friendlier than some of the grumpy pillocks I've been stuck next to on occasion at the Lane. Even though this was South Stand right above their fans there was no tension and it all added to a great experience for me that night. Think it was the win that sealed our qualification for the knockouts too :)

I remember at the Werder game in the CL group stages I realised I had a German fan next to me. I was a tad narked, just from the point of view that I know our fans were desperate for home tickets for the CL games, and it really ought to be a Spurs fan. But he did seem a good guy, was totally respectful and seeming to want to take in the WHL experience, taking photos and that. We chatted a bit too, much friendlier than some of the grumpy pillocks I've been stuck next to on occasion at the Lane. Even though this was South Stand right above their fans there was no tension and it all added to a great experience for me that night. Think it was the win that sealed our qualification for the knockouts too :)
should have said its slight OT but this was an away fan in OUR section ;)

Yes, 1982 Spurs vs Liverpool... 2 : 2 draw (which was a good result for us against the Scousers) It was friend's birthday, and his party was to take his mates to see Liverpool play.... at Spurs... can't remember there being too many hassles as there were a lot of plastic Liverpool fans in there

At my hockey club (in Manchester), there are two Spurs fans -- me and Dave. When the bar manager got a pair of tickets from the brewery, for the second leg of the Burnley semi-final at Turf Moor, he offered them to us.

So off we went, thinking it'd be an evening of Champagne football. It wasn't. It was a freezing cold northern evening, with rain bordering on the torrential. We were about two rows back from the pitch, in the corner right next to the Spurs fans. We were surrounded by hardcore Burnley fans, intent on spending the entire game abusing the nearby away fans. We kept quiet.

The football was atrocious. We stood there in silence. We went 1-0 down. Dave and I looked at each other, and clapped. We'd been Spurs fans for long enough to be worried, even when 4-2 ahead on aggregate against some lower-league cloggers.

Half time. Weirdly, a couple of boys walked though half the concourse in Spurs tops and scarves...no-one really bothered them. Did we really see that?

2-0. Again, we clapped. Hollowly. By this time, it was so damn cold we couldn't feel our hands.

3-0. Oh my GHod. The place went mental. Hairy-arsed Lancastrians jumping all over us. We clapped and cheered. We had to. I felt dead inside.

Extra time. Still all Burnley. No away goal. I felt like crying.

And then...SUPER PAV! DEFOOOOEEEE! Thankfully, we were both too numb to even move. The crowd started throwing things at the jubilant away fans. We left.

--

Was also in the Stretford End when Pedro Mendes "scored" that goal. There were a fair few Yids in that stand that night, including the aforementioned Dave, whose wife is a red. At the end of the game, my mates apologised to me for the injustice, as did a few others around us. There wasn't a person in that stand who thought Carroll had saved it.

Have been to the Reebok and Emirates Marketing Project a fair few times with the away fans. Decided a couple of years ago not to do it any more -- too depressing when we lost, annoying when we win.

Back