• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I'm not a boo-er but....

dawaxman

Gheorge Popescu
It struck me, that there are very, very few players in our squad nowadays that the fans actually like and really get behind. We've lost something over the last couple of years....and it's not just complaining about no longer having Bale. We had the likes of :

Holtby
Sandro
Vdv
Dawson
Robbo
Defoe
Hudd
Keane

Etc

I'm not talking the best players to ever wear the shirt, but they were players who we were proud to have playing for us and the feeling was mutual

I get the feeling now that we've too many journeyman players who will never really ingratiate themselves to the whl faithful, nor care when they leave

We need more passion in the team!

Yeah Keane was proud to play for us until the moment Liverpool were interested then he was off in a flash

I think that affection for the players will grow as you get more used to them. It is hard not to like Kane, Eriksen, Mason, Bentaleb and several others.

It struck me, that there are very, very few players in our squad nowadays that the fans actually like and really get behind. We've lost something over the last couple of years....and it's not just complaining about no longer having Bale. We had the likes of :

Holtby
Sandro
Vdv
Dawson
Robbo
Defoe
Hudd
Keane

Etc

I'm not talking the best players to ever wear the shirt, but they were players who we were proud to have playing for us and the feeling was mutual

I get the feeling now that we've too many journeyman players who will never really ingratiate themselves to the whl faithful, nor care when they leave

We need more passion in the team!

The issue we have is the team you saw last night should be the first team but is the second, more youth products in the first team than i can remember! 4 of those brought in but been with us a while or will be

Bentaleb
Mason
Kane
Townsend
Rose
Lennon (although AWOL)
Walker
Dier

Van Der Vaart was a class player and Keane had a few good seasons, but he ****ed it up at the end. The rest I never really felt much affection for. No amount of passion can make up for not being all that good or just injured all the time.

I rarely find myself actually liking a player. Most of the time it is neutral. I can appreciate their play a lot, but that is a separate thing. I need something else to get to like them. Robbo, Dawson and Gomes are recent players I did like, their interaction with the crowd and/or apparent joy at playing. There was something about Modric that I could have grown to like with more time.

I think the biggest problem in getting to like players is that their tenure is so short now. Lennon is the only player who has been with us for a long stint, although for people who follow the youth team others could be counted.

generally, as long as they look like they are putting the effort in I have no complaint, if they actually look like they care as well that earns them a bit more slack when things don't go well

I don't expect any of them to do any more than earn their money, they don't have to kiss the badge or do it for the fans or any of that nonsense

generally, as long as they look like they are putting the effort in I have no complaint, if they actually look like they care as well that earns them a bit more slack when things don't go well

I don't expect any of them to do any more than earn their money, they don't have to kiss the badge or do it for the fans or any of that nonsense

Don't want badge kissers....but I want some passion

The op is right, there seems to be less affinity with the current squad than in the recent past. I put this down to three things:

1. Increasing turnover of international players. Sandro and VdV have proved this need not be a problem, but it hardly helps when so many of the recent influx have struggled to establish themselves form-wise. A perception that some are not prepared to put in the graft hardly helps.

2. Signs of disaffection with the club among some players, allied to squabbling amongst themselves both on the pitch and (allegedly) off. Never goes down well well with fans

3. AVB's boring style of play and has left bruises that are still taking a while to heal

On the plus side we've seen several positives in recent months, especially among our 'home-grown' players.

I'm not a boo-er but.......

I once booed the neighbours cat as it was persistently spraying in my garden.

Sorry, didn't remember this....it just occurred to me yesterday at the lane when they called out the names of the players, nobody was REALLY cheered....it's a shame

I abhor the treatment that Ade got yesterday, and there was almost a ruckus in the north lower about it, but I loved it when we'd all be cheering together instead of some clear mixed opinions, something that I think a crowd favourite or two will resolve

I agree, disgusting to hear boos for a player we want to see score and win us the game

Said it before but I am disgusted by a large proportion of Spurs fans these days. Utter *****. And yes, Dubai, it does stem in part from a risible sense of entitlement!

Where I sit - Shelf side lower, by the halfway line - our little group is pretty much the only source of singing for an entire block or three around. We do so almost in defiance of the curmudgeonly tossers around us. No exaggeration that, other than a cheer when we scored, the only sounds escaping these disgraces to fanhood's mouths were groans, complaints and outright abuse. And they only found their collective voices to boo loudly - twice. Once, when the substitution board for the Bobby / Ade swap was first raised. And then again, when Ade took his first steps on to the pitch.

These people are unremittingly brainless. They are a shame on our football club. They deserve nothing by way of joy from football. I feel no kinship with them. Only contempt.

We pay good money, so we're entitled to boo or expect wins or massive signings.

The fans of every club pay through the nose just to keep their club competitive (usually because those that run it haven't got a clue on how to spend it wisely). Success often comes down to the number of people willing to spend money, not how much each of them spend.

Kane, Mason, Bentaleb and Townsend bleed blue and white.

Lloris, Soldado, Lamela, Walker, Chadli and Eriksen all work hard and seem likeable.

And the likes of Fazio, Stambouli, Dier, Verts (now he's cheered up again) and even Rose are growing on me.

So basically that's a good dozen or more players I personally feel a connection too.

Said it before but I am disgusted by a large proportion of Spurs fans these days. Utter *****. And yes, Dubai, it does stem in part from a risible sense of entitlement!

Where I sit - Shelf side lower, by the halfway line - our little group is pretty much the only source of singing for an entire block or three around. We do so almost in defiance of the curmudgeonly tossers around us. No exaggeration that, other than a cheer when we scored, the only sounds escaping these disgraces to fanhood's mouths were groans, complaints and outright abuse. And they only found their collective voices to boo loudly - twice. Once, when the substitution board for the Bobby / Ade swap was first raised. And then again, when Ade took his first steps on to the pitch.

These people are unremittingly brainless. They are a shame on our football club. They deserve nothing by way of joy from football. I feel no kinship with them. Only contempt.

=D>

Back