• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If you were a Wigan player...

Hootnow

Jermaine Jenas
And Wigan got relegated this season.

Would you stay in the championship with them and play for a season in the Europa league, knowing you might never get to play in Europe again? Or if a lower midtable club in the league offered to buy you, would you not care about Europe and up and go so you could continue playing in the premier league?

Premier League trumps the Europa League. But it depends how long I'd been there I guess. If I'd been there all my career, I'd stay and try and help the team get back up.

id join Wolves if they came knocking....club going places

I'd leave. Nothing to stop them going into free fall particularly if Martinez leaves. They're not one the the 20 biggest teams in England so no reason why they should bounce back quickly

Depends. If you were one of McCarthy, McArthur, Mcmanaman, Kone, or Espinoza, you'd probably leave, as you'd have enough suitors in the top flights of various countries and you'd still be young enough to be able to experience European football later, at a more 'stable' top-flight club.

Apart from them, whether the rest go or stay is largely dependent on whether or not Wigan will keep paying their wages, and whether or not their new manager (or Martinez) can convince them to stick around for their EL campaign.

Doesn't matter, though, because Wigan will smash both Arsenal and Villa 5-0 and swagger to survival. [-o<

If i was a kid that just broke into the team i would give it one more season (Mcmanaman).

If i was a younger player that has a decent amount of first team experience and i'm being looked at by bigger clubs i would leave...depending on the club (Mccarthy)

If i was an older player with very good footballing ability i would stay (Maloney)

If i was a sami decent player in my mid/late twenties i would look at my options.

If I was a Wigan player who, when looking seriously at myself, knew deep down that I would always be at a club of Wigans/lower PL level I would stay and become a legend at the club.

If I was a Wigan player who, when looking seriously at myself, knew deep down that I would always be at a club of Wigans/lower PL level I would stay and become a legend at the club.

yeah, guess it depends on how much faith you have in your own abilities.

although their young players with potential could attract attention from medium to big sized clubs so id expect them to move on in that case

Europa League really isn't a great tournament. Needs a lot of work to it ( the winners should get Champions league imo) I'd take the Premiership all day over it.

Id stay, take part in the Europa and try to get them as high up the league in the first half of the season with a view to moving on in January if they were well out of the race for promotion.

Every player will make their own decision mainly based on self-interest. We all would move on to another job for better pay or prospects.

Stay really. (Unless a desirable club were interested and made a substantial offer)

I mean I would be apart of the team that got them relegated so it would be partly my doing, I'd want to show the respect to the club and try and help them back up to the Premier League where I'd believe they belong especially after winning the FA Cup a week previous.

I'd bust my ass for the next two games so I could get both ...

Which is hopefully how they are thinking

Back