• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If we signed Ade and Rossi...

What sidestep? i answered a question that you put forward unless your question was really only to find out what formation do i prefer for the new season?

The whole thread centres on what people would prefer to do if we signed a marquee number 10 and Ade on a permanent. I still think that is our absolute priority this summer, which means adopting a 4-4-2 next season.

IF we signed your favourite number 10 and Ade, would you prefer to drop the new striker to play 4-5-1 with VDV, or would you use the new striker in a 4-4-2?

Or do you feel that strikers are no longer a priority? No need to be so defensive and clandestine....its just a debate, and no one receives gold stars or brownie points.

This is a team you would play if you are looking to hit teams on the break. Only modric in that midfield knows how to play a quick one touch passing game and I feel this would hamper our ability to play around teams.

To be honest, maybe thats the way we should go more often. Our counter attacks suck at the moment.

If we're cross breeding midfielders then I'd like to see the results of an unholy union of Hudd and Sandro. I name him Sandstone!!

So we buy Rossi and play him in VDV's role despite vdv being faaaaaaar better in that role (Rossi can't even play that role imo)? i don't really get how that makes us stronger.

IF we buy Rossi then he plays up top (not right sided attacking mid or behind striker).

Like I said, I'm only going on what I have seen of Rossi, mainly last season and the season before that.

A quick look around the internet makes it seem like I'm not the only one who thinks he's capable of playing other roles than the striker roles.

Giusepperossi.net for example say "Giuseppe Rossi is an American-born Italian football player who currently plays for Villarreal. He plays as a deep-lying forward and sometimes as a winger or attacking midfielder. He scored 7 goals in the first 10 games for Villarreal. "

The whole thread centres on what people would prefer to do if we signed a marquee number 10 and Ade on a permanent. I still think that is our absolute priority this summer, which means adopting a 4-4-2 next season.

IF we signed your favourite number 10 and Ade, would you prefer to drop the new striker to play 4-5-1 with VDV, or would you use the new striker in a 4-4-2?

Or do you feel that strikers are no longer a priority? No need to be so defensive and clandestine....its just a debate, and no one receives gold stars or brownie points.

Ok that's a fair and straightforward response so i'll answer the question as best i can.

I prefer a 4-5-1 formation and i would rather we spent ?ú?ú?ú on a number 9 , a really good right sided attacking midfielder that can contribute in terms of goals and can also play up top (i want a player that is genuinly on par or better than Lennon NOT a squad player that can cover him), and a cb.

If we get those 3 players then i'd be very happy. A right sided attacking player who can play up top should we ever need to change it up and go 4-4-2 is a better signing than a number 10 who can only play up top and nothing else.

So say we signed :

1) Adebayor as the number #10
2) A right sided attacking midfielder who can play up top (someone like Lavezzi, Remy or maybe even Farfan)
3) A cb

we can then play :

----------------------------Friedel-----------------------------

Walker---------------Kaboul----------__________--------ekott

---------------------Modric----------Parker/Sandro-----------

--______/Lennon-------------VDV---------------------Bale---

---------------------------Adebayor--------------------------

ok but if you're asking if we signed a top class #10 would i be more inclined to switch to a 4-4-2 then the answer is maybe for certain games and i would be far happier with that then i am now with Defoe.

Like I said, I'm only going on what I have seen of Rossi, mainly last season and the season before that.

A quick look around the internet makes it seem like I'm not the only one who thinks he's capable of playing other roles than the striker roles.

Giusepperossi.net for example say "Giuseppe Rossi is an American-born Italian football player who currently plays for Villarreal. He plays as a deep-lying forward and sometimes as a winger or attacking midfielder. He scored 7 goals in the first 10 games for Villarreal. "

Rossi's skills and adaptability are what make him such an interesting prospect for us. He is no Defoe, meaning a simple goalscorer, there is a lot more to his game and if he played the number 10 goalscorer role he would still add a lot ot our attacks that just goals. Im sure he would link up brilliantly with the likes of Lennon, Bale and Modric and if they make runs into the box and needed a striker to bounce the ball off and play a one two, then Rossi can do this. Plus if Rossi found himself out wide, id trust him to deliver good crosses into the box for Ade and whichever midfielders are there at the time

gee i wonder why Giusepperossi.net would say such wonderful things.

Look he's decent but it's painfully obvious the only time where he looked world class (even that's a big push) was when he played up top for Villareal.

Ok that's a fair and straightforward response so i'll answer the question as best i can.

I prefer a 4-5-1 formation and i would rather we spent ?ú?ú?ú on a number 9 , a really good right sided attacking midfielder that can contribute in terms of goals and can also play up top (i want a player that is genuinly on par or better than Lennon NOT a squad player that can cover him), and a cb.

If we get those 3 players then i'd be very happy. A right sided attacking player who can play up top should we ever need to change it up and go 4-4-2 is a better signing than a number 10 who can only play up top and nothing else.

So say we signed :

1) Adebayor as the number #10
2) A right sided attacking midfielder who can play up top (someone like Lavezzi, Remy or maybe even Farfan)
3) A cb

we can then play :

----------------------------Friedel-----------------------------

Walker---------------Kaboul----------__________--------ekott

---------------------Modric----------Parker/Sandro-----------

--______/Lennon-------------VDV---------------------Bale---

---------------------------Adebayor--------------------------

ok but if you're asking if we signed a top class #10 would i be more inclined to switch to a 4-4-2 then the answer is maybe for certain games and i would be far happier with that then i am now with Defoe.

My GHod i forgot to mention Hazard for that right sided role.

Rossi isn't world class. If he was Spurs would not be able to sign him. For me he is in the next bracket down and is probably the best forward we could hope to tempt here.

Actually I've seen him play a withdrawn role for Villareal effectively more than a few times. He's a decent enough dribbler with an eye for a pass, but best of all he's an excellent finisher.

oooppps, forget about Rossi, we are after another american born striker

Things between Arsenal and Tottenham are getting pretty tasty in the battle for third – and now they look set to keep up hostilities off the pitch.

According to the Sun, both Spurs and Arsenal are looking to add Fulham striker Clint Dempsey to their ranks in the summer.

The American has one year left on his contract at Craven Cottage and his reluctance to sign a new deal has alerted the north London sides.

Speaking to the Sun, Dempsey said: “We’ll see what happens. Some of my best memories have been at Fulham.

“I still have this season and one more at the club. I’m talking with Fulham but we’ll see in the summer.

“I just want to focus on my football and helping the club finish in the top half. That other stuff can take care of itself.”

Whilst Arsenal’s main priority this summer must be hanging on Robin van Persie – who also has just a year left on his contract – bagging Dempsey could prove to be a shrewd move for Arsene Wenger.

The Gunners have struggled for back-up for Van Persie in recent seasons and, with Nicklas Bendtner and Marouane Chamakh hardly setting the Emirates alight, Dempsey would be an excellent addition to the Gunners’ squad.

However, with Emmanuel Adebayor’s wages continuing to be a sticking point in him securing a permanent move to Spurs from Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal could have a fight on their hands.

Dempsey has brick 21 goals for Fulham this season and pedigree like that doesn’t come cheap, meaning whichever team the American goes to could end up paying around ?ú10million for his services – something that could put Wenger off buying the 29-year-old.

gee i wonder why Giusepperossi.net would say such wonderful things.

Look he's decent but it's painfully obvious the only time where he looked world class (even that's a big push) was when he played up top for Villareal.

Fair enough, you've obviously watched him more than me.

oooppps, forget about Rossi, we are after another american born striker

Things between Arsenal and Tottenham are getting pretty tasty in the battle for third – and now they look set to keep up hostilities off the pitch.

According to the Sun, both Spurs and Arsenal are looking to add Fulham striker Clint Dempsey to their ranks in the summer.

The American has one year left on his contract at Craven Cottage and his reluctance to sign a new deal has alerted the north London sides.

Speaking to the Sun, Dempsey said: “We’ll see what happens. Some of my best memories have been at Fulham.

“I still have this season and one more at the club. I’m talking with Fulham but we’ll see in the summer.

“I just want to focus on my football and helping the club finish in the top half. That other stuff can take care of itself.”

Whilst Arsenal’s main priority this summer must be hanging on Robin van Persie – who also has just a year left on his contract – bagging Dempsey could prove to be a shrewd move for Arsene Wenger.

The Gunners have struggled for back-up for Van Persie in recent seasons and, with Nicklas Bendtner and Marouane Chamakh hardly setting the Emirates alight, Dempsey would be an excellent addition to the Gunners’ squad.

However, with Emmanuel Adebayor’s wages continuing to be a sticking point in him securing a permanent move to Spurs from Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal could have a fight on their hands.

Dempsey has brick 21 goals for Fulham this season and pedigree like that doesn’t come cheap, meaning whichever team the American goes to could end up paying around ?ú10million for his services – something that could put Wenger off buying the 29-year-old.

Dempsey is an excellent player

Dempsey has brick 21 goals for Fulham this season and pedigree like that doesn’t come cheap, meaning whichever team the American goes to could end up paying around ?ú10million for his services – something that could put Wenger off buying the 29-year-old.[/I]

:|

Back