• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If we signed Ade and Rossi...

Both VDV and Rossi has fitness issues, I'd love to have them fighting for one position in the team.
They'd be interchangeable in our formation, allowing us to switch back and forward between 4411 and 442 according to opponent team, without disturbing the balance in the rest of our line up.

But I tend to think that arguing about formations often leads to dead ends and confusion, unless you're talking about some full on Bielsa shapes which are often unfamiliar to me I'd admit to having a more Redknapp/Billic approach. 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 in my head are pretty much the same thing, and you could argue that a 4-4-2 with a deep lying striker is actually the same as 4-5-1, which is actually the same as a 4-4-1-1 etc etc etc etc

I think away from home Rossi is someone who would tend to drop deeper if not seeing the ball enough, not to VDV levels though. Therefore because of that you're penciled in 4-4-2 with Ade and Rossi has now become a supposed 4-4-1-1, which could be interpretated as a 4-5-1 blah blah blah blah.

Get players that are good enough to do their job, but also talented and versatile enough to fill in for others as the state of play naturally drags players out of position. Spain's winning world cup team for example, the only time they were in what looked like their supposed formation was at KO, after that you had Cesc playing right back and Xavi playing up front and busquets filling in at centre back, if only for 10 seconds of play.

I agree, which is why I never understand people slating a formation so hard that they can never then stand up and say, "well actually we should have gone that way this time..."

I think with everyone firing on all cylinders, 4-5-1 is our best option. (I stay out of all the hybrid combination talk!)

But, I still think that we can be deadly with a 4-4-2, and sometimes that too is required. I wont slate either, or exclusively back either. It depends on players form, and fitness.

But, considering what I believe our priority signings to be this summer, for me, 4-4-2 is the way to go next season, and I would not drop a 35M striker just because we are away.

Both VDV and Rossi has fitness issues, I'd love to have them fighting for one position in the team.
They'd be interchangeable in our formation, allowing us to switch back and forward between 4411 and 442 according to opponent team, without disturbing the balance in the rest of our line up.

Agree that both would be important

We're not going to sign a ?ú25m+ player to keep start him on the bench.

Walker-Kaboul-???-Ekotto
------Sandro/Parker-----
-------Modric-VdV------
Rossi---------------Bale
----------Ade----------

or, if you prefer:

Walker-Kaboul-???-Ekotto
-----Pardro-Modric------
VdV-----Rossi-------Bale
---------Ade------------

With the front players moving around, changing positions and being all round awesome all the time.

(Yes that's right, no goalkeeper, we'll be THAT good)

Rossi would be about as good as we could get for a team the size of Spurs, especially as he's been off the radar due to his injury.

I would be delighted if our front line was chosen from Ade/Rosssi/VDV/Defoe. I can't see Defoe being too happy though, and considering he's 30 this year he'll probably be off to QPR or somewhere like that.

Walker-Kaboul-???-Ekotto
------Sandro/Parker-----
-------Modric-VdV------
Rossi---------------Bale
----------Ade----------

or, if you prefer:

Walker-Kaboul-???-Ekotto
-----Pardro-Modric------
VdV-----Rossi-------Bale
---------Ade------------

With the front players moving around, changing positions and being all round awesome all the time.

The love child of Sandro and Parker?

Walker-Kaboul-???-Ekotto
------Sandro/Parker-----
-------Modric-VdV------
Rossi---------------Bale
----------Ade----------

or, if you prefer:

Walker-Kaboul-???-Ekotto
-----Pardro-Modric------
VdV-----Rossi-------Bale
---------Ade------------

But thats the typical thing people do when they dont want to say 4-4-2. They put the second striker in some strange midfield set up.

I can't see Defoe being too happy though, and considering he's 30 this year he'll probably be off to QPR or somewhere like that.

Defoe's already unhappy about lack of game time, as you say turning 30, and unlikely to renew his 2 years contract.
This summer is the time to get the most back on him.

The love child of Sandro and Parker?

Actually just me not wanting to write Parker/Sandro cause it would mess up the pretty 4-2-3-1 shape I was making. But yes, that would work :)

Rossi's rumoured asking price after his injury is said to be around ?ú12m

I'll believe that when I see it. Perhaps if they get relegated, but I don't think that will happen either.

But thats the typical thing people do when they dont want to say 4-4-2. They put the second striker in some strange midfield set up.

Bit harsh to call 4-2-3-1 "some strange midfield set up".

I haven't seen a ton of Rossi, but when I have seen him I have seen him play in a support striker type role with Nilmar being the one furthest forward on several occations, and I don't really see why he shouldn't be able to play similar roles to VdV...

Bit harsh to call 4-2-3-1 "some strange midfield set up".

I haven't seen a ton of Rossi, but when I have seen him I have seen him play in a support striker type role with Nilmar being the one furthest forward on several occations, and I don't really see why he shouldn't be able to play similar roles to VdV...

I really wouldnt see the point in playing Rossi behind Ade to be honest

Very nice side step.

Insert your favourite number 10 in the whole wide world and answer the question eh?

What sidestep? i answered a question that you put forward unless your question was really only to find out what formation do i prefer for the new season?

Walker-Kaboul-???-Ekotto
------Sandro/Parker-----
-------Modric-VdV------
Rossi---------------Bale
----------Ade----------

or, if you prefer:

Walker-Kaboul-???-Ekotto
-----Pardro-Modric------
VdV-----Rossi-------Bale
---------Ade------------

So we buy Rossi and play him in VDV's role despite vdv being faaaaaaar better in that role (Rossi can't even play that role imo)? i don't really get how that makes us stronger.

IF we buy Rossi then he plays up top (not right sided attacking mid or behind striker).

Giuseppe Rossi's agent has claimed that any club interested in his client will have to fork out ?ú17 million to land the Villarreal forward.

The Italy international has been heavily linked with a move to Inter of late and his representative, Federico Pastorello, has admitted that the 25-year-old, who enjoyed a previous loan spell at Parma, would welcome a return to Serie A.

However, the agent is warning the Nerazzurri that Rossi will not come on the cheap and that they are likely to face stiff competition for the player's services.

"The reported €15m (?ú12.5m) valuation is not right. It would need at least €20m (?ú17m)," Pastorello told Paginegiallorosse.it.

"He is very attached to Villarreal, but has many offers - and not only from Italian clubs, also foreign clubs.

"He wants to test himself with the best players and win something, but playing the Champions League would not be an obsession for him.

"Returning to Italy would be ideal as he considers it his championship."

Pastorello also revealed that he has been trying to sell the idea of a move to the Italian capital to his client.

"I have long spoken of Roma with Giuseppe," he revealed. "He really likes the philosophy of Luis Enrique. It warrants respect and they are a great team."

Rossi is currently recovering from a serious knee injury but it is hoped that he will return to action in time to play some part in his country's Euro 2012 campaign.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/03/22/2985552/villarreals-rossi-worth-at-least-17m-warns-agent?

Im all for 4-4-2 when we play the right players in the right positions. Id line up 4-4-2 at The Emirates tomorow with:

............................Brad

Walker.........Kaboul..........King............BAE

Lennon.........Parker..........Modric.........Bale

......................Ade............Defoe

So I would 10000% line up there with Rossi in for Defoe.

This is a team you would play if you are looking to hit teams on the break. Only modric in that midfield knows how to play a quick one touch passing game and I feel this would hamper our ability to play around teams.

Back