• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ian Watkins

For anyone that is interested the judiciary case file is available to read. Someone I know posted it on facebook, but warned it is horrific. I haven't read it yet, and I'm not sure I'm going to. The first note from Mr Justice Royce reads,

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-watkins-and-others.pdf

I decided to read it. It's left me completely and utterly numb. The stories that were common knowledge do not even begin to describe the depth of depravity. I try not to live a life with regrets but I honestly wish I could have unread it. I feel physically sick. The fact that his sentence has leeway for him to be released at some point baffles me. The acts he committed. I don't know man….****...

I decided to read it. It's left me completely and utterly numb. The stories that were common knowledge do not even begin to describe the depth of depravity. I try not to live a life with regrets but I honestly wish I could have unread it. I feel physically sick. The fact that his sentence has leeway for him to be released at some point baffles me. The acts he committed. I don't know man….****...

I just mistakenly did the same, curiosity got the better of me... I actually had tears welling in my eyes as I read along.. Those poor, poor, poor children.. It's just absolutely ****ing bewildering the things he subjected such young children to. Forced beastiality, giving meth to one year olds?!?! Jesus.

I also was left feeling physically sick and as I have stated previously, I really do hope Watkins is raped and abused regularly and vigorously in prison.

I hope his victims, those poor little humans can go on to lead some sort of normal life, which tragically will be unlikely.

Also unsurprisingly, Watkins was heavily into using meth and crack cocaine, which while not being used as an excuse for his appalling behaviour, absolutely must be a major contributing factor, meth is ****ed.

Sigh. The human race huh? ****ed up.

That is one of the most sickening things I have ever read in my life. Appalling.

I think I was even more disgusted by the mothers to be honest. What kind of society have we ****ing produced when we have people so desperate to sleep with a celebrity (of a band I'd never heard of until yesterday to be honest..) that they're willing to do this to their kids?

http://www.nme.com/news/lostprophets/74493

He has an illness.

Last edited:
That is one of the most sickening things I have ever read in my life. Appalling.

I think I was even more disgusted by the mothers to be honest. What kind of society have we ****ing produced when we have people so desperate to sleep with a celebrity (of a band I'd never heard of until yesterday to be honest..) that they're willing to do this to their kids?

http://www.nme.com/news/lostprophets/74493

He has an illness.

A very liberal society where people make excuses for drug use. How do you feel about this man being able to vote in future elections?

It is disturbing and trust me not much disturbs me. As you say the depravity shown is just too deep for words.

Whilst Atkins is a **** (cant think of a harsher word) the mothers of both those kids are worse than Atkins as far as im concerned.

I feel sorry for the kids, whilst they may not remember what has happened, they will, as it says in the report, eventually learn about what happened to them and GHod only knows what they would think and how it would effect their life on a psychological level.

I feel sorry for the kids, whilst they may not remember what has happened, they will, as it says in the report, eventually learn about what happened to them and GHod only knows what they would think and how it would effect their life on a psychological level.

It could have a tremendous effect on them growing up. This mini-documentary is about a girl who got raped repeatedly from when she was just a couple of months old to when she was a bit over a year old, see what it did to her;

[video=youtube;g2-Re_Fl_L4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-Re_Fl_L4[/video]

I have worked with kids having experienced this or similar things in their very infancy, and believe me, they have had a very, very difficult start to life that some of them will never remedy, unfortunately. It's an incredibly sad fate. And I completely agree with you, what these mothers did to their children is just beyond comprehension.

A very liberal society where people make excuses for drug use. How do you feel about this man being able to vote in future elections?

I'm pretty libertarian about drugs, I feel if you want to take something (and it isn't going to harm others) you should be able to take it without the state intervening.

This is coming from someone who has never drank alcohol or taken a drug in his life. Though I do enjoy the occasional cigar ;)

I have to say, I find your attitude a bit strange though and very similar to a lot of people I've come across in this country. More than willing to get completely ****ed or even engage in just social drinking and yet look on in horror at drug use, despite the evidence showing that alcohol, when looked at from how it affects both the individual and society in general, is one of the very worst drugs available to man. A drug which is widely available in this country and which so many in the West seem to see as the mark of freedom. Does x country allow the drinking of alcohol? No? Clearly not free then. Drinks 40 units a week? Great, top lad. Sniffs a bit of the coke or pops a few pills in clubs? Then we're talking about something very different...

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(10)61462-6/fulltext

This is clearly a very disgusting man, rotten down to his core. I don't see how abstinence, from either drugs or the more accepted alcohol, would have stopped him doing what he did.

Voting? I can't remember ever having talked about voting rights for prisoners on here but if I did, I would have advocated it only for those doing the lightest of sentences or for people who have been well behaved and who are very close to getting out. Scum like him? No chance.

Having read the judiciary it was interesting to see how the sentence was calculated, but I find it deeply disturbing that he could be released after two thirds of a 35 year sentence, i.e. before he's 60. The things he did are difficult for any normal person to comprehend, but in my view the mothers of the two children in question are even worse, how could they let anybody do and participate themselves in such things to their own flesh and blood beggars belief. I only hope that the children were too young to have any memory of it when they grow up and won't be psychologically affected by what they were subjected to.

Isn't it rumoured that one of the kids was his?

I hadn't heard this and don't believe it really. Incest would have been one of the charges surely? Also I think he met the mothers after they had the children.

I hope rumours like this don't circulate, so that he can be remembered solely for the heinous things he did

I read the Judgment, and whilst clearly deplorable, there were some things which confused me a little:

1. Some of the counts relate to 16 year old girls.

Am I assuming, therefore, that the Judge has decided that Watkins was in a "position of trust", meaning the age of consent is raised to 18?

2. Similarly, the Judge then recounts the sexual activities that occurred with the 16 year old.

It seems a little strange that there seems to be degrees of non consensual sex. For example, the Judge highlights anal sex and urination, as evidence of Watkin's bad character. I understand both suggest a degree of subservience, but I'm not entirely sure they're relevant here.

I read the Judgment, and whilst clearly deplorable, there were some things which confused me a little:

1. Some of the counts relate to 16 year old girls.

Am I assuming, therefore, that the Judge has decided that Watkins was in a "position of trust", meaning the age of consent is raised to 18?

2. Similarly, the Judge then recounts the sexual activities that occurred with the 16 year old.

It seems a little strange that there seems to be degrees of non consensual sex. For example, the Judge highlights anal sex and urination, as evidence of Watkin's bad character. I understand both suggest a degree of subservience, but I'm not entirely sure they're relevant here.

It is very,very clear that Watkins was on a path which ended up in him being able to express his depravity and (frankly) unimaginable behaviour. If you're questioning the 'legality' of dominating and ****ing on a 16 year girl, then I'd say that there's a lawyer somewhere who could satisfy the 'legal' aspect of this count. I trust that we would agree that morally, it is an absolute disgrace. But their relevance in showing where this empty sack ended up is very very clear. When this band started they were all 'straight-edge' guys. He used his career to let the demons out. And the demons took whoever, regardless of their ability to make coherent decisions for themselves. I think it's a very important part of the trail and I'm glad they've numbered it in their 'counts' against him.

Didn't really know where to place this, but a lot of the operation Yewtree off-shoot investigations are in court today. Rolf, DLT and Ken Barlow

Back