• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I think Befordspurs either had a mini-stroke and hasn't realised yet, or is using Cortana/Siri to type his posts... almost every single post has some gibberish in the middle. Makes them painful to decipher.

Anything that makes you chuckle while at work is a good thing as far as i am concerned!

I would have thought that was obvious...
Waiting for someone to come good

And for info... My phone changed for to ft there for some reason!!!!!

You can say whatever you want about Lamela, but he is simply our best creative player since last season ! It was his inch-perfect pass which opened up the AC Milan defence for Carroll to score. Lamela was the player with the most assists last season with 7 goal assists. And he has already started getting more assists this season. Maybe Pochettino should tell Lamela to concentrate fully on creating goals, instead of trying to score which he doesn't seems to be good at !

fair on Lamela, i'm not sure Pritchard has ever been under pressure, that might be more to do with my disrespect of the Championship though
I don't think you can tell until the player is tested in the big leagues. Look at Alli. He was playing in League 1 (not even Championship), but looked extremely comfortable against top level competition.

You can say whatever you want about Lamela, but he is simply our best creative player since last season ! It was his inch-perfect pass which opened up the AC Milan defence for Carroll to score. Lamela was the player with the most assists last season with 7 goal assists. And he has already started getting more assists this season. Maybe Pochettino should tell Lamela to concentrate fully on creating goals, instead of trying to score which he doesn't seems to be good at !

He has moments, just not enough. Almost the assist version of Chadli, valuable assists but not involved enough in full game. Carrying both of them at the same time between their contributions is what kills us.

He definitely going to feel some pressure from some of the younger players this year.

He has moments, just not enough. Almost the assist version of Chadli, valuable assists but not involved enough in full game. Carrying both of them at the same time between their contributions is what kills us.

He definitely going to feel some pressure from some of the younger players this year.

But chadli scores and assists

He was involved in more goals for us than anyone other than Kane (as he would be as the scorer)

Lamella has to up his goal contribution for the system we play

I agree, he has to start delivering and show significant progression this season, or I think he's probably going to have to go. Not sure he has it in him to do that, but we'll see.

He is not going to make it, hopefully there is someone out there willing to give us £15m for him.

How has he started getting more assists this season? We haven't scored yet this season.

He is not going to make it, hopefully there is someone out there willing to give us £15m for him.
I'd agree...how he's been playing or being told to play.

I think most people have agreed Lamela offers something, he tracks back, he gets stuck in, he has the occasional assist etc the complaint is that there are other players more suited to doing those things....EDIT: I meant specific players we could buy, also at a vastly cheaper price.

Lamela is supposed to be, moreorless and within the general framework of Pochs system, our flair player along with Eriksen, and he's not producing.

He's another Lennon so far, we all shout "cut innnnnnnn, take a shot ffs", and he's the opposite of Townsend were we shout "do not shoot, go outside and cross it ffs"

I would task Lamela with taking at least 5 on target shots per game from no further than 20yrds or so per game. He has dribbling ability, and when you get that close to the goal defenders become a bit more reticent about jumping in or muscling someone off the ball due to penalties and free kicks in goalscoring area's.

We also constantly try through balls/diagonal crosses that are being intercepted or swept up by the opposition goalkeepers because they are a yard or two too far ahead of Kane.

Maybe Kane can get on the end of some goalkeeper errors and rebounds from Lamela's shots as his positional play is good....and maybe maybe Lamela might even score a few.

While i think about it i would also try to task Lamela with 3-5 runs with the ball into the oppositions box per game.

Something different has to be tried. Watching him constantly run a bit, then pass sideways or back or losing the ball in area's where there's no pressure on the opposition is just tiresome now.

Play him as our no. 10 is the only way I can see us getting the best out of him. His assists last season such as Liverpool (A), Forest (H) and Hull (H) are examples that he can make the cut. He is too weak to be a winger and isn't fast enough to compensate for that lack of strength.

I get the feeling we're seeing another David Bentley which if turns out to the case will be a massive shame, because if he fulfills the potential I think he has then we'd be left dazzled and entertained most weeks, such a fantastic mix of technique and skill.

Edit: it's a confidence issue as much as a physical one, and I truly believe that if this kid over comes these barriers then we reap the rewards and so will he.

Last edited:
Just shows how good he is ;)

Unrelated but the avatar cracks me up everytime.

As for Lamela.......Not sure if it's worth me getting in to but yeah......I spoke at length about a big promising feature of his being a deft footballing brain, forward passes that were close to being spot on but a tad off, really hoped he'd hone it but it's not the case. Most of the time he does anything I let out an involuntary sigh, bad touches, running around like a lunatic then lunging in, bricky stepovers in to cul de sacs.....

Mumorn's definition of a superstar becomes evermore unorthodox each and every game.

Obviously I do hope he gets back to his Roma form, like everyone else who is a Spurs fan does, but I also hope Brad Friedel comes back to play up top with Kane and they get joint top scorer in the premier league

Guys, he is back to his Roma form. He had ONE season where he scored 15 goals in that Roma side. He isn't necessarily a goal-scorer. It's the only double figure season in the guy's entire career. He is a play-maker. He has been performing well, towards the back end of last season, he was our most creative player by far.

He is behind everyone in terms of his fitness, due to the Gold Cup. I think he'll do well this season. I think he'll do a lot better too once we have some players in the forward positions with pace who stretch the defence and create pockets for him to run into and release through-balls.

Guys, he is back to his Roma form. He had ONE season where he scored 15 goals in that Roma side. He isn't necessarily a goal-scorer. It's the only double figure season in the guy's entire career. He is a play-maker. He has been performing well, towards the back end of last season, he was our most creative player by far.

He is behind everyone in terms of his fitness, due to the Gold Cup. I think he'll do well this season. I think he'll do a lot better too once we have some players in the forward positions with pace who stretch the defence and create pockets for him to run into and release through-balls.

Most creative player by far is an exaggeration. Even if you were to judge by assists (which is an overrated stat but that's another debate), he got 7 and Chadli got 5. Eriksen is our most creative player IMO. If he isn't going to score many, then he needs to be approaching Fabregas levels of creativity.

P.S. What's the Gold Cup?

Most creative player by far is an exaggeration. Even if you were to judge by assists (which is an overrated stat but that's another debate), he got 7 and Chadli got 5. Eriksen is our most creative player IMO. If he isn't going to score many, then he needs to be approaching Fabregas levels of creativity.

The gold cup is a horse race and one that Lamella would struggle in as he can see the obstacles in front of him

People quote his assist stats and Yeo he did have the highest number

Here a stat though... In 38 league game she has scored as many goals as Eric Dier has in 28!!!!!

I now assume when people talk about his outstanding dribbling it's as a result if then concussion he must cinstantky get from running into defenders.

The guy has 10 games max this season to step up IMO or Poch will bin him

We're all looking at Pritchard as the messiah by comparison and he is an inexperienced kid by comparison yet looks to have far more about him for this league

And for someone to compare him to Bale is laughable. They both have black hair and that's about it really. Bale showed really glimpses of quality when he started for us as a kid don't forget, not an experienced international who has played in 3 countries . Lamella has shown random moments at best

I said towards the back end of last season, probably from the Emirates Marketing Project game onwards he was our most creative player by far.

Back