• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Wondering what people made out of his game today? Left me scratching my head how to rate it. Very disciplined display from the Argentine; kept the shape, tracked back well and put in a great shift from the first to 94 minute. But in terms of actually carving out assists or goal scoring opportunities... very poor.

Wondering what people made out of his game today? Left me scratching my head how to rate it. Very disciplined display from the Argentine; kept the shape, tracked back well and put in a great shift from the first to 94 minute. But in terms of actually carving out assists or goal scoring opportunities... very poor.

as you say he worked his absolute nuts off which is needed in a team performance, thought he was better at passing the ball faster though

Does anyone still think he's missing that explosive speed to get past players? I've no doubt he has ability, and he often get past players but can't maintain his speed. I think he just needs to bulk up, much like Ronaldo when he first joined United. I wonder if he's been told this by the coaches and is working on this??

Have been really pleased with his attitude and fight for the team recently....I do believe we actually suffered against the Blades when he was taken off.

I think very soon his hard work will result in assists/goals.

Perhaps people don't realise how excited we should be....Lamela, Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb, Mason, Dier.... Superb up and coming young players,,,,if we can just get the ins/outs right over the summer we could be in business.

Message to spurs fans from a believer.......Keep the faith in Lamela he has incredible talent....and will start winning games for us and being the difference in the not to distant future.

KEEP THE FAITH!

Chelsea have a very similar player in Willian. He came in at 32m plays on the right and has 1 goal and 1 assist in the league (worst stats than Lamela).
Yet Mourinho loves him. He isn't seen as the waste of money Lamela is.
Lamela has far more potential than Willian.

Lamela looked like a different player yesterday. Good hold up and advancing but not taking unnecessary risks, prefering to play it safe.
Looks like Poch's reigning him in and the discipline bode well with our overall possession play. Not sure if his lack of usual speed is due to the recent injury though.

Chel53a have a very similar player in Willian. He came in at 32m plays on the right and has 1 goal and 1 assist in the league (worst stats than Lamela).

Excellent comparison...

I think his problem is that everyone, me for a start, probably expected Bale mark II and as you say we may have got the Willian we missed - hopefully a bit better.

Would love it if he scored some more goals though...

Chel53a have a very similar player in Willian. He came in at 32m plays on the right and has 1 goal and 1 assist in the league (worst stats than Lamela).

He rates him so highly he is replacing him with Cuadrado???

But it's a fair comparison

You can fault Lamellas work rate and yesterday both him and Paulinho contributed well to a great win. The problem is that there not contributing in a manner that I think we expected as fans e.g goals and assists. But in reality that doesn't matter if their contributing to the team as a whole IMO

Cuadrado will replace Schurrle on the bench. In a couple of years we'll see if he values football or making insanely ridiculous amounts of money (compared to just ridiculous amounts) higher.

Cuadrado will replace Schurrle on the bench. In a couple of years we'll see if he values football or making insanely ridiculous amounts of money (compared to just ridiculous amounts) higher.

I disagree. I think he will be a regular starter and looks a better player from what little I've seen than Willian

Schurle however is better than both IMO so what do I know ...

Anyone have stats of how many times Lamela intercepted/tackled the ball away from a Liverpool-player yesterday? He did an awesome defensive job, and also looked more of a threat in attack than before. Things are looking up for the kid.

Had a very good game last night. Worked his socks off, and an excellent assist for Kane too. Shame his shot didn't go in.

Very encouraging to see.

Anyone have stats of how many times Lamela intercepted/tackled the ball away from a Liverpool-player yesterday? He did an awesome defensive job, and also looked more of a threat in attack than before. Things are looking up for the kid.
Erik Lamela ran furthest (12.13 km) & made the most successful tackles (6) on either team, creating 3 chances & an assist.

He played well yesterday he worked very hard for the team, just needs to add a few goals to his game and he'll be on his way.

He seems to give equal measures of excellent play and utter turd..... The work rate and ball winning is brilliant, probably better than any other attacking wide player in the league. His pass for the goal was also great, I think it was the fact that it was so unexpected that put their defender (was it Sakho?) off balance. Then to go with that he lost the ball needlessly on numerous occasions and also the pass outside him when he was advancing to their box and we were 3 on 1 or 2 was a shocking option to take.

I thought it was a typical Lamela performance personally. Did some good things, but chose the wrong option too many times and not effective enough. He's barely justifying his place in the side IMO.

Back