• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I was not a fan of Lamela’s before he got injured as I always thought he gave the ball away needlessly and fouled a lot. I’ve been proven wrong and I think every time he has played this season he has looked really sharp and has an Eriksen like defence splitting pass.

I really do hope he stays and becomes part of the squad. He should be a starter but our bench should all be starting too. Our squad has such depth now when all fit it’s unreal.

Haha fudge you pussy!

I was not a fan of Lamela’s before he got injured as I always thought he gave the ball away needlessly and fouled a lot. I’ve been proven wrong and I think every time he has played this season he has looked really sharp and has an Eriksen like defence splitting pass.

I really do hope he stays and becomes part of the squad. He should be a starter but our bench should all be starting too. Our squad has such depth now when all fit it’s unreal.

Haha fudge you pussy!

Really? That's what you took From his play before his injury?

The most important thing in games like this, is not losing. A score draw is a good result for us. I think that we've got two options, play on the break like we did against Madrid and Dortmund (in which case you'd favour Son) or press relentlessly (in which case Lamela is your man).
I 100% agree with this!!!

How can you not love him? He's the perfect mix of sublimely skilled and natural mongrel. On another day he could have had two off the bench against the Goons... Hope he starts against Juve.

Who would you drop for him? In my opinion, Son, Eriksen and Alli have become almost undroppable, definitley Eriksen and Son. Not saying Lamela didn't play well yesterday because he did but he still hasn't quite done enough to earn a starting spot. That's necessarily a knock on him, more a praise of how well our attackers have played. Even though Alli hasn't had the best season, he can still always get you a goal. The same goes for Son. He's been our 2nd most consistent attacking player after Kane in the last 18 months but even when he's having an off game, he can get you a goal out of nothing. I don't think the same can be said for Lamela.

The most similar player in our squad to Lamela in my view is Eriksen who is playing at such a high level that that thought of leaving him out is unthinkable.

I know attacking midfielders are not in the side just to score goals, but it's one of their most important attributes along with creating chances. Lamela needs to score more goals if he is to oust one of the 3 AM's who play behind Kane. Tuesday will most likely be a cagey affair and Son is our biggest goal threat after Kane so it would be unwise to leave him out.

Maybe. Still think Son has more in his locker than Lamela overall. He also offers something a little different to anyone else, he runs at people, he's a good dribbler and he's the quickest player in our attack.

That's not a lot of use against a team that has ten players moving no further up the field than the edge of their own box. Great when you have space to run into though.

That's not a lot of use against a team that has ten players moving no further up the field than the edge of their own box. Great when you have space to run into though.

It is when you can beat people, run past them, put good crosses into the box and score goals in tight games. I'm trying not to diss Lamela but for me, Son offers more. That doesn't mean to say that one day Lamela can't become even better and regain a place in the starting lineup. He has to do more than he is doing now IMO. That's a testament to how well they people he is trying to replace are playing.

I like his general play in tight situations where the opposition just want to park the bus.

As someone mentioned against teams that we have to press higher up the pitch, he is better suited.

Back