• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

9 tackles today!

I remember in AVB's second season Jamie Redknapp saying something like 'players like Erik Lamela want to play, they don't want to be working hard chasing the ball'

Redknapp is a pillock. How cringing was it to hear the commentary when he scored ... lamelllllaaarrggghhh ... it sounded like a villain out of an Arnie movie from the 80'start getting pushed out of a plane

Redknapp is a pillock. How cringing was it to hear the commentary when he scored ... lamelllllaaarrggghhh ... it sounded like a villain out of an Arnie movie from the 80'start getting pushed out of a plane
Tyler's trying to outdo himself at the minute, the forced over reactions are hilarious!

For all the talk of Lamela lacking an end product he now has 4 goals and 6 assists in the PL this season. Total of 10 goal involvements from the attacking midfielder with the most defensive responsibility and playing a wide role in our system isn't all that bad.

As a point of comparison eternal fan favourite Aaron Lennon managed 12 total goal involvements in the league for us at the most. Another player that rightly got praised for working hard defensively and doing a lot to help out the team in other ways. But still...

I absolutely think there's more coming from Lamela in terms of goals. Him getting into goal scoring positions like yesterday should be praised, as he's shown at a lower level that he can deliver a good goal return. But his current impact shouldn't be overlooked either.

The joy on his face after he scores is a sight that I like very much. He truly celebrates with the crowd. He has now scored against Emirates Marketing Project and Man Utd. That no. 11 jersey suits him now. Onwards to more from Spurs' Messi.

I was in a box with some fellow fans (an older bunch) and two of them just slagged him off constantly before the game

Now I have been a critic but I've changed my view (search this thread from ten beginning and you can see)... So I explained the intricacies of his game and his work rate and how important it is to our system

I then get quoted the usual he isn't gInola or bale etc... So again I argued that as much as we brought him for flair his work rate makes update for what he sometimes lacks flair wise (and it's why we missed him vs liverpoo)

So of course he misses the header and I get the lecture on how brick he is...

The same guy was moaning about Alli too (justified on yesterday's performance saying he should have been subbed)

Anyway... Lamella gets the assist for the free kick and the guy is going mental so I highlighted it was lamella ball

The of course he scores and the guy goes berserk as he bet on lamella to score ...

When we left I took his son over to get lamellas autograph and he poses for a photo too. His dad then piped up that guy will be a legend!!!

The fickle nature of football fans

I was having a conversation with some guys at the game about how hard Lamella works for the team, we all came to more or less the nearest comparison and it was Perryman. He loves it here and you can see his disappointment when he comes off and he is without a doubt one of out most important players.

So important to have him back. I know he should have scored in the first half, but his work rate and effort helped turn the game around for us. No surprise our first goal comes after he wins a duel in midfield, he then gets the assist for the second and scores the third...

Still hoping that a few more goals will give him the confidence in front of goal to become a regular scorer, I think he has it in him.
The position from which he scored he has been in repeatedly this season but hit the ball too hard (or leant back) and over the bar. I remember one vividly against Leicester at home.
The way he struck that ball yesterday that gives me a lot of confidence that we'll see a lot of finishes next season like that from Lamela.

The position from which he scored he has been in repeatedly this season but hit the ball too hard (or leant back) and over the bar. I remember one vividly against Leicester at home.
The way he struck that ball yesterday that gives me a lot of confidence that we'll see a lot of finishes next season like that from Lamela.

The lamella of old would have wanted a touch first...

The trouble is when someone arrives at great expense and a reputation, and you can see why only occasionally.

You then start looking at them through {whatever the opposite of rose-colourded is} spectacles.

Erik has upped his work rate, the team is bubbling, and he is starting to grow into his reputation.

For my part, I'm just a goal tart, so (as I wasn't around to say so yesterday) - until our next ........

Erik Lamela ….. my favourite Spurs player !

The trouble is when someone arrives at great expense and a reputation, and you can see why only occasionally.

You then start looking at them through {whatever the opposite of rose-colourded is} spectacles.

Erik has upped his work rate, the team is bubbling, and he is starting to grow into his reputation.

For my part, I'm just a goal tart, so (as I wasn't around to say so yesterday) - until our next ........

Erik Lamela ….. my favourite Spurs player !

Yep, I said elsewhere that a lot of fans held his fee against him when he was trying to settle into a new country etc, I always thought that was unfair and its good to see fans beginning to see that he is so important to the way we play.

I was in a box with some fellow fans (an older bunch) and two of them just slagged him off constantly before the game

Now I have been a critic but I've changed my view (search this thread from ten beginning and you can see)... So I explained the intricacies of his game and his work rate and how important it is to our system

I then get quoted the usual he isn't gInola or bale etc... So again I argued that as much as we brought him for flair his work rate makes update for what he sometimes lacks flair wise (and it's why we missed him vs liverpoo)

So of course he misses the header and I get the lecture on how brick he is...

The same guy was moaning about Alli too (justified on yesterday's performance saying he should have been subbed)

Anyway... Lamella gets the assist for the free kick and the guy is going mental so I highlighted it was lamella ball

The of course he scores and the guy goes berserk as he bet on lamella to score ...

When we left I took his son over to get lamellas autograph and he poses for a photo too. His dad then piped up that guy will be a legend!!!

The fickle nature of football fans
That's why I don't talk with fans about football (outside of these hallowed forums).

If I talk to fans of other clubs they don't know much at all and just spout media rubbish... and then I talk to fellow Spurs fans and they have more of a clue... but still talk rubbish and say things like "that Harry Kane doesn't work very hard does he?" and then I have to spend time explaining and discussing and I'd rather just not bother at all. Thank GHod for you lot!

He certainly gets into good positions, I wonder if he would have drilled it home if it was 0-0, or if he would have taken a touch / skied it / tried a reverse lofted fake the keeper look left, flick it right lollipop. It was nice to see him "just kick it in the net". So many players try clever things.... and I'm thinking "just kick it in the net, you're 18 yards out, you can pass it in the corner, just do it ffs!"

Back