• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

I remember us being tortured several times by the Goons through Bergkamp and Henry. Interestingly both players started really slowly. Do you know that Bergkamp did not score his first league goal until his 7th league match? And we all know what a player he became. Henry was arguably one of the greatest players ever to play in this league (I almost vomited in my mouth as I typed that) but people forget he took even longer to settle, he did not score his first goal until his 9th match and looked pretty rubbish until then. Now I am not implying that Lamela will become a Tottenham legend, just saying that some people take more time to settle than others, especially when they come from another league and there are a myriad of cultural differences to boot, and I just this kid is one of them

I saw enough on Sandros debut against Arsenal to know he'd be a good acquisition.

He played exactly like he looked on his Youtube video, beastly.

I just remember him being slaughtered on this forum after that defeat.

I just remember him being slaughtered on this forum after that defeat.

I seem to remember alot was aimed at Caulker and dos Santos.

Sandro looked "lost" was one of the terms, but how could he not with the shower of **** team and performance we had out.

I seem to remember alot was aimed at Caulker and dos Santos.

Sandro looked "lost" was one of the terms, but how could he not with the shower of **** team and performance we had out.

Nope, I distinctly remember getting home from the match coming on line and he got a serious pasting. I thought it was harsh. I also remember people saying he was too slow

Nope, I distinctly remember getting home from the match coming on line and he got a serious pasting. I thought it was harsh. I also remember people saying he was too slow

Personally I dont remember that, but Im not going to disagree with you, it was quite a while ago. I thought he was pretty good and the only shining light in a shocking performance. Great in the tackle, got up and down, took out Wheelchair. It wasnt until AC Milan a few months later though like you said that he was unreal. **** me, what a double performance from him.

He ended that season real strong, I still rememebr his performance against Chelsea and THAT goal, and his performance at Anfield too (i think thats even on youtube).

Vs. Arsenal, DEBUT
[video=youtube;jEnNWW0vdjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEnNWW0vdjQ[/video]

Vs. AC Milan
[video=youtube;KMVSTXnk1p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMVSTXnk1p4[/video]

Vs. Liverpool
[video=youtube;oiZRgi3wtyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiZRgi3wtyQ[/video]

When did I call lamela a squad player?

(Technically in my mind every player is a squad player, as we have a ****ing impressive squad and we should make use of it)

Bit confused by your reply, as all I did was talk about Sandro, didn't mention anyone else and didn't mean it to be taken as my opinion on anyone else.

Oh, no, someone else called him a "squad player". I was agreeing w/ you and comparing Lamela to Sandro.

I'm just watching a bit of the Roma - Napoli match now. It's been a long time since I looked at Italian football (outside of the CL) but it is very noticeable to me the lack of intensity and pressing which are now hallmarks of the PL. Lamela will need game time to adjust to speed of the game in England, of that there is no doubt. He won't have time afforded to him that is evident in this Roma match.

I remember us being tortured several times by the Goons through Bergkamp and Henry. Interestingly both players started really slowly. Do you know that Bergkamp did not score his first league goal until his 7th league match? And we all know what a player he became. Henry was arguably one of the greatest players ever to play in this league (I almost vomited in my mouth as I typed that) but people forget he took even longer to settle, he did not score his first goal until his 9th match and looked pretty rubbish until then. Now I am not implying that Lamela will become a Tottenham legend, just saying that some people take more time to settle than others, especially when they come from another league and there are a myriad of cultural differences to boot, and I just this kid is one of them

I never got the criticism of Bergkamp during his first season. He may have taken his time getting on the score sheet but you could tell from the very start that he was a class player who was already one of the best in the Premiership.

Henry did start slower, but it took a while for him to be played in a settled position.

I remember that too, I was surprised at the time as I thought he was one of very few positives in that game.

it's probably already been mentioned above but Bergkamp had had a mare at Inter and at the time was considered a bit of a gamble

I think Lamela badly need to score a goal to lift his confidence. He always looks very down whenever other players score. Wish we can give more playing time to him.

I think Lamela badly need to score a goal to lift his confidence. He always looks very down whenever other players score. Wish we can give more playing time to him.

I think that you might be reading a little too much into things

Think he just needs some game time. Remember he is a young lad in a new place and does not speak a word of English so i am not surprised he looks a little down, i would be to.

Totally agree Naija, people do espect too much at times, he is young and has bags of time

Bale was eased back into the side after a long spell out injured. I think this kid will have to be treated similarly.

I kind of wish we hadn't spent £30m on Lamela - nothing to do with how good a player I think he is, it's just because we already have Eriksen, Holtby, Townsend and Lennon for his two best positions. Can't see him getting the kind of regular playing time he needs.

I kind of wish we hadn't spent £30m on Lamela - nothing to do with how good a player I think he is, it's just because we already have Eriksen, Holtby, Townsend and Lennon for his two best positions. Can't see him getting the kind of regular playing time he needs.

I only see Andros and Lennon as his rivals. I read he likes only to play on the right and had issues with being made to play elsewhere. Lennon can be a monster player and there is improvement in Andros. Lamela has impressed me so interesting times ahead.

Must be said absolutely shocking today I expect time to settle but we would have gotten a better 50 minutes from one of our youths today

This board is seriously ****ed at times.. He needs time for crying out loud, he is one of - if not the best young prospect on the planet.. He will come good, slating him for one off performance doesn't help anything. His dazzling assist for the Paulinho winner against Cardiff showed enough for me to be so excited about what he will offer and what he will become.

Back