• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Totally agreed. Let's hope he can show some skills, and chip in with an assist or a goal today. Would love him to be confident and happy again!

Had a good game today and did not give up when things did not work out. He lacks the pace to play on the flank but as a number 10 he did good today

I like the fact that he is still trying.

Still clearly has to brush up, but he is involved in all of the good plays.

Love it if he turns the doubters wrong....

fudge knows why the media are not over memphis he looks poor

We would not have scored that goal today without Lamela's tenacity and cool head to look for the pass to Eriksen rather than bang it out (2 players right on him).

More of that please. :)

IMO Lamela today was one of our best players. As a couple of others over here have said, he was a big part of Sons goal. Worked hard for the team, and played the easy pass more often to grow a bit in confidence. Let's see if he can keep it up, it will be like a new signing if he finally can show what a great talent he actually is.

I'm not his biggest fan but today was one of his best games in a SPurs shirt. Not that it was an outstanding performance, but a lot better than we have seen. Actually justified his place in the team today. Long may it continue

Arguably his best game for us. Great work to win and pass to Eriksen for the goal...overall shift was excellent, decision-making still a tad off sometimes BUT I think it has to be said that if he continues to start his confidence will help ease this through.

Especially his first 15-20 minutes were sublime. If he can show that kind of form for an entire game, his price tag will be well justified.

didnt think he had a great game personally, but i do think that he played okay. i think the inclusion of son and alli into the first team will help him alot

it was his goal we scored though and he is still a tireless working trying desperately to repay the club...its endearing...if only he could make quick decisions and keep things simple within the confines of a team move...he'd end up in positions that chadli and ali end up in and then he would really be cooking

First of all I acknowledge that Lamela did make useful contribution to the game at times.

However, unless it is manager's instructions he needs to improve positionally. If he is playing right side midfield, he needs to spend a bit more time there, rather than constantly taking up the #10 position even though Kane, Son and even Chadli are all in the same area.

And when we are attacking stop running in a straight line away from our midfield passers towards their goal. It just closes down space and leaves no pass on.

And don't cut inside every time you get the ball wide - it is too predictable.

First of all I acknowledge that Lamela did make useful contribution to the game at times.

However, unless it is manager's instructions he needs to improve positionally. If he is playing right side midfield, he needs to spend a bit more time there, rather than constantly taking up the #10 position even though Kane, Son and even Chadli are all in the same area.

And when we are attacking stop running in a straight line away from our midfield passers towards their goal. It just closes down space and leaves no pass on.

And don't cut inside every time you get the ball wide - it is too predictable.

i would add release the ball faster and make instinctive decisions like your team mates seem to be doing

but in his defence of what i have just accused him of ...its a clear sign of low confidence and the struggle to overcome it

Question. Despite the stats and goals, was darren bent good enough for Spurs? I think most fans would agree that during games his touch let him down, he made the wrong runs (our right back would have the ball and our lone striker would be by the other teams right back) and he was often counter productive to our play as he struggled to hold it up or bring others into play.

Despite on paper having a good return, no Spurs fans were sorry to see him go as he wasn't up to it. Take away the argentian caps and few audacious street skills, lamela is the exact same problem.

His overall play isn't good enough and he is lacking the physicality, touch and awareness to be a player for us. Not only has he never been close to a MOTM performance for us, he is usually one of the worst players on the pitch.

Imo the guy really isn't suited to the prem or us and just like soldado, paulinho, capoue, fazio - will never be a success at the club. Just to clarify I don't get on his back but I don't rate him at all and I think people are looking for anything to try and justify a blind faith in him.

Actually it's not blind faith. If anything the hatred for him is a blind hatred as he has contributed already this season, and as others have consistently pointed out, he did contribute something last season. Would love to hear your analysis of him today. Come on, surely he has done something in his outings this season to justify him to continue to play for Spurs?

Actually it's not blind faith. If anything the hatred for him is a blind hatred as he has contributed already this season, and as others have consistently pointed out, he did contribute something last season. Would love to hear your analysis of him today. Come on, surely he has done something in his outings this season to justify him to continue to play for Spurs?

I do not have a blind hatred for him and you will not find anything that backs that up.

In the match thread I posted a 7/10 performance. Still too much wastefulness and poor technique but today he actually kept up with the pace of the game and played a central role in several moments of the game.

This is the type of performamce that shows enough promise to suggest that there is a player in the air. Still rough and an imperfect performance but I can get behind this player.

Usually we are talking about a single pass amongst weeks of frustration to state that he is a player. Today was better and imo this has to be the very base level of what he needs to produce week in and week out. The fact many people are saying this was one of his best performances says it all!

Back