• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

When he's in the team you're nearly always playing with 10 men. How often does he contribute meaningfully? 1 game in 10? Imagine how much better we would be if we had someone there who actually did something. It would be like having an extra man

I agree totally mate. I would sell him ASAP

Whilst many of here believe that a manager has 100% autonomy in deciding who plays I doubt it very much when the club in question has made a £30m investment in a player who is, to put it kindly, struggling.

I'm just suggesting that levy/the board have indicated they want Lamela out there on the pitch on a more regular basis. I doubt Poch's job depends on it but it is important we have a coach who tries his absolute best in getting Lamela to fulfill his potential.

I'll be honest when I say the kid is on the knife's edge of success/failure but if he succeeds at this club I really believe he'll show that the club paid £30m for a reason.

FFS, because I thought he was even more donkey like than the others

I mean i want you to describe HOW he was "more donkey than the others".

That shouldn't be hard. You know "he couldn't trap a ball, he couldn't do this, that etc etc"

Details please as i didn't watch the match

That shouldn't be hard. You know "he couldn't trap a ball, he couldn't do this, that etc etc"

I suggest you try to see the highlights yourself

Whilst many of here believe that a manager has 100% autonomy in deciding who plays I doubt it very much when the club in question has made a £30m investment in a player who is, to put it kindly, struggling.

I'm just suggesting that levy/the board have indicated they want Lamela out there on the pitch on a more regular basis. I doubt Poch's job depends on it but it is important we have a coach who tries his absolute best in getting Lamela to fulfill his potential.

I'll be honest when I say the kid is on the knife's edge of success/failure but if he succeeds at this club I really believe he'll show that the club paid £30m for a reason.

I cannot believe that Levy would pressure the manager to start Lamela this week after last weeks dross

I cannot believe that Levy would pressure the manager to start Lamela this week after last weeks dross

I wouldn't say pressure him into picking the kid, after two years of him being here it is fair to say on the evidence that Poch can tell Levy that 'Dot Cotton has more chance of playing than Lamela'.

But to the club as a whole it is important that Lamela succeeds and I don't have that opinion based on just any financial trepidations (falling value).

Whilst the lack of confidence is overwhelmingly, and quite worryingly, clear I also believe that the vision and technique is also evident.

In many ways some will argue it's sink or swim with this kid but I don't, and it's not just memories of Bale's rapid rise that makes me think that. I've seen this kid in the flesh and whilst there is a moment or two where one's head goes into one's hands there are other moments when you really sit up and take note.

Sometimes it's easy to give into that feeling of apprehension when weighing up whether or not to keep him, but for me the pros out weigh the cons, despite the fact that all we've seen so far is the latter.

Please do not get me wrong, the fact that I had a go at Lamela does not mean that I am satisfied with Chadli. Left to me neither would start the next match. But as management have failed so far to improve our attacking options this is where we are at the present time.

As for Verts, well he refused to sign a new contract last season, if Barca want him they are welcome to him

Oh gawd, we're about to have THAT discussion again all week. Again.

I promise I will abort this thread for a bit. So you wont get that discussion from me. I cant really add anymore to what I have said previously.

I think I have done enough talk, and all I can do is hope that Lamela walks the walk.

I totally get the frustration of other posters on here, and I cant defend the indefensible, not great again today. I am prepared to give him time, all I would say to some posters is remember football fans can be very fickle and sometimes football can make a mug of you. Although its hard to see on current form he could have a hot streak in the not to distant future where he makes the difference for us.

Maybe or Maybe not, I just feel its too early to write him off yet.

He probably did create most chances - but that doesn't always mean making the right choice (he may create a crap chance, where a pass would have led to a good chance) and doesn't paper over giving the ball away

I promise I will abort this thread for a bit. So you wont get that discussion from me. I cant really add anymore to what I have said previously.

I think I have done enough talk, and all I can do is hope that Lamela walks the walk.

I totally get the frustration of other posters on here, and I cant defend the indefensible, not great again today. I am prepared to give him time, all I would say to some posters is remember football fans can be very fickle and sometimes football can make a mug of you. Although its hard to see on current form he could have a hot streak in the not to distant future where he makes the difference for us.

Maybe or Maybe not, I just feel its too early to write him off yet.
Its time to stop "giving" him chances.

He needs to earn, and take, them now.

interesting that there aren't as many "apologists" on here as they were on the soldado thread because of course Roberto was perceived to be a "nice guy". Lamela is as big a flop as Soldado and I don't know why we haven't got rid of him as well, the only time he looked half decent was playing monkey teams in the Europa, maybe cos he and the manager are both argies, there's some kinship and he's staying but the longer he's with us, the less we'll get back for him.

The one thing that I will give Lamella credit for, is that he never seems to stop trying. He is always trying to make things happen, he just can't get it right most of the time.

Back