• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

AS is back and so are measured insightful posts...

does lamela make your starting 11?

Answer needs to be No; if we want pace and penetration Clint is definitely a better option whereas if we want more solidity and ball retention Dembele is a better option

let me ask you something.....
If we are trailing and you want to bring someone on that has a chance , a good one, to get us back in the game,..i.e an instant impact player...is lamela the guy you desperately want to come on?

No need to answer that even without taking the Stoke debacle in account; cannot remember bringing him on changing a game last year; indeed the opposite... team improving when he was substituted

let me ask you something.....
If we are trying to control a 1 goal or even 2 goal lead.......do you bring lamela on?

There was a time I was say - yes - but that is now significantly in doubt.

Would anyone pay £10m+ for him? Levy must be brewing with Baldini. Bar Eriksen who is a silver lining, we're still in a post-Bale flux thanks to Baldidi's signings.

Loaning him out overseas for a season might be our best bet - slower pace of game and give him the chance to get some confidence back. He looks desperately poor and below the level we need at the moment

Really really bad today. Not chronically bad like last week but still looks a poor footballer even at 10. Guess that's an improvement from last week anyway

The bloke is an absolute waste of a shirt

He should stick to doing kick ups on the street

If we can trade him in for Lorente it could be amazing business

Playing with 10 men in this heat? You do the math

When he's in the team you're nearly always playing with 10 men. How often does he contribute meaningfully? 1 game in 10? Imagine how much better we would be if we had someone there who actually did something. It would be like having an extra man

Back