• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I mean just to put in perspective Aguero cost a similar fee and he showed more just today than Lamela has shown in a year and a half

I am one of those who is probably guilty of giving him a pass for several reasons, but I agree that he was really poor yesterday, by far our worst attacker yesterday and he absolutely allowed the mistake(s) to drain his mood and confidence. Tough to tell from the telly, but I was hoping that Younes would've gone up to him and talked him through the wobbly spell, pumped him up, kept an eye. I didn't see anyone really of that (again it might've happened out of camera view)…I would still persevere as I think (if nothing else) we need to know if he is what some of us hope or not.

Anyone notice he calls for the ball when he's a standing next to players in possession rather than making a good run into space

Spurs have wasted the Bale money.

Lamella would not be playing had he only cost a million quid.

Nor would Soldado.

Lamela shouldn't have played yesterday after his international travels, bad call by Poch. We needed someone like stambouli in there instead of him to stiffen the mid.

Overall, Lamela and Soldado have been huge disappointments so far, and as Johnola rightly says we have wasted the Bale money. To think who we could have bought with that money makes me feel very sad.

Yes, Lamela and Soldado might yet come good, but they should be doing a whole lot better already. Obviously it's not their fault we overpaid ridiculously for them, but it's been a sad saga in general re our 'Magnificent Seven'. The blame lies more with the people at the club who advised on and sanctioned such payments, nevertheless the players must take some blame too. Soldado's hopeless penalty, Lamela's major part in giving away crucial goals v Arsenal and City, it's just poor to say the least.

I watched MOTM yesterday and Southampton were on. I imagine someone like Tadic can be compared to someone like Lamela yet theyre worlds apart. Never heard of Tadic prior to his arrival here but he has impressed me no end and actually he is the player Lamela really ought to become for us.

I dont think this league is right for Lamela - Lamela is a ten touch player who wants to play at a slower pace than the rest and just doesnt fit in with the pace.

Sorry shelfie, but we can't have it both ways and criticise eriksen and chadli for not coming back to defend then blame Lamella when he does and it goes pear shaped. It's not his strong point, defending.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I mean just to put in perspective Aguero cost a similar fee and he showed more just today than Lamela has shown in a year and a half

Aguero was 38 million quid when he was bought 4 years ago (what was Lamela? 26 mill?), is a totally different type of player to Lamela, and has better players around him. That's a ludicrous comparison.

I know it's looking to the past, but I'd love to see Huddlestone in a team with Lamela pinging balls out to him early so he has space to run into.

This Shelfie guy is a blatant sooner yeah? The amount of stupidly negative people on this board has ruined this place. No intelligence, just constant negative bull****... dull!

Lamela wasn't great, but still had moments, and he's been one of our better players this season. Why do we jump on peoples backs at every given opportunity?

I feel with Soldado, Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli we'll really start to score goals and play some great football. We need to sort out defence out (basically play Jan every game) and decide our main central midfielders, obviously capoue has played every game, but so many people have partnered him already... Schneiderlin in January loan out Bentley!

I watched MOTM yesterday and Southampton were on. I imagine someone like Tadic can be compared to someone like Lamela yet theyre worlds apart. Never heard of Tadic prior to his arrival here but he has impressed me no end and actually he is the player Lamela really ought to become for us.

I dont think this league is right for Lamela - Lamela is a ten touch player who wants to play at a slower pace than the rest and just doesnt fit in with the pace.

We both know that had we spent the Bale money on Pelle and Tadic this board would've gone into meltdown over buying players from the dutch league.

This Shelfie guy is a blatant sooner yeah? The amount of stupidly negative people on this board has ruined this place. No intelligence, just constant negative bull****... dull!

Lamela wasn't great, but still had moments, and he's been one of our better players this season. Why do we jump on peoples backs at every given opportunity?

I feel with Soldado, Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli we'll really start to score goals and play some great football. We need to sort out defence out (basically play Jan every game) and decide our main central midfielders, obviously capoue has played every game, but so many people have partnered him already... Schneiderlin in January loan out Bentley!

Unfortunately, and rather ironically, qualifying for Champions League football has ruined this place.

This season is very much his bedding in season for me, last season is pretty much a complete write off considering the limited opportunities he was given and the injury he had for almost the entirety of the second half of the season. The potential is there, we have only seen glimpses of it so far this season but it's there. Just needs more games.

That said, i wouldn't mind seeing Townsend given more of a chance, still feel he has more to offer if given more game time.

More likely the unfounded expectancy of repeatedly qualifying.

Exactly this.
And its not just the fans, it also skewed the clubs perception of reality.
I said at the time it was too early and I wanted 2-4 years of EL and building

Ever since then, we have been trying to rebuild the progression.
Its a nice headache ( we could still be acting like Saudi Sportswashing Machine), but our fans need such a huge shot of perspective.

More likely the unfounded expectancy of repeatedly qualifying.

Spot on, too many on here think it's our "right" to play European football because "we're a big club". I'm sorry I have to point out to these (most probably) 10 season fans that it doesn't work that way, one season in the CL does not make us a "big club" and we are currently playing at a higher standard (league position wise) than I can remember since starting to support Spurs in the '70s.

Back