• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I aint no Sheikh-but lets talk weather

Give it two generations and "real" Martians would be stomping on any Johnny Foreigner turning up in their fancy rockets with their backward Earthican ways.

I'm in Dorset and Hampshire this weekend, could do with this miserable, uncertain weather to break. Glad I booked B&B rather than camping with the rest of the party.

Looks like the temps are finally picking up next week. And some atlantic swell actually swinging the right way for once. Its been a funny old pattern for sure, but in teh water thurs/fri looks nailed on. :)

Brief update on further ahead...

Summer 2012

Precipitation Anomaly % Deviation (Jun - Aug 12)

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2qu7z1g.jpg

This is the latest output which gives an indication as to the pressure (height) anomaly: orange = higher pressure, blue = lower pressure. As you can see, over our region, we have a strong anomalously high pressure signal. It proposes that this anomalously high pressure is prevalent through the months of June, July & August, ie: our summer months, in the Northern Hemisphere.

So what does that mean to us? Well, in simple terms, lower pressure precludes warmer, drier weather - so, if you have a signal for higher prevailing pressure, then the signs are much better. This is why I was mentioning that height rises were crucial to how good/bad our summer would be.

In terms of reliability: this particular model is refreshed every 30 days or so, and the important factor is that - over the last 90 days - the signal for strong heights over NW Europe has been consistent, indeed actually getting stronger. So, there's a good trend there. It can change though, so - as with all weather models - caution must be observed.

There's no point asking me about specific temperatures or such like, as - at this range - you just can't tell. It's very much like winter though: strong/low heights, in the right places, set favourable conditions. This graph sets favourable conditions for warmer temperatures, over those particular months.

I did say early May would continue the unsettled theme and, through the mid-point we'd see a pattern change into June, and that is looking absolutely rocksolid :D It's always been a matter of patience on this, and anyone who wrote summer off based on a wet April is/was talking out of their arse. Strong, consistent evidence for an enjoyable summer ahead...

Last edited:
Brief update on further ahead...

Summer 2012

Precipitation Anomaly % Deviation (Jun - Aug 12)

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2qu7z1g.jpg

This is the latest output which gives an indication as to the pressure (height) anomaly: orange = higher pressure, blue = lower pressure. As you can see, over our region, we have a strong anomalously high pressure signal. It proposes that this anomalously high pressure is prevalent through the months of June, July & August, ie: our summer months, in the Northern Hemisphere.

So what does that mean to us? Well, in simple terms, lower pressure precludes warmer, drier weather - so, if you have a signal for higher prevailing pressure, then the signs are much better. This is why I was mentioning that height rises were crucial to how good/bad our summer would be.

In terms of reliability: this particular model is refreshed every 30 days or so, and the important factor is that - over the last 90 days - the signal for strong heights over NW Europe has been consistent, indeed actually getting stronger. So, there's a good trend there. It can change though, so - as with all weather models - caution must be observed.

There's no point asking me about specific temperatures or such like, as - at this range - you just can't tell. It's very much like winter though: strong/low heights, in the right places, set favourable conditions. This graph sets favourable conditions for warmer temperatures, over those particular months.

I did say early May would continue the unsettled theme and, through the mid-point we'd see a pattern change into June, and that is looking absolutely rocksolid :D It's always been a matter of patience on this, and anyone who wrote summer off based on a wet April is/was talking out of their arse. Strong, consistent evidence for an enjoyable summer ahead...

you seem unnaturally clever.

C'mon sheikh its been nearly 3 weeks

we better not be falling back into that May pattern, those low pressures keep heading straight for us, surely thats far to south. do we need that azores high to bully them further north??
that hot spell got me all giddy......eating outside in the evening, ice cold beers, lunch on the beach etc arhhhh life's just better

whats going on sheiky

Last edited:
I've already cancelled a planned round of golf for friday.

Heavy showers, and 26mph winds.

No thanks.

I've already cancelled a planned round of golf for friday.

Heavy showers, and 26mph winds.

No thanks.

Yes thanks... more skirts flying about and girls struggling to hold em down.

Yeah I know im a perv... and

I haven't had a chance to look at any weather data for a while chaps, so I'll take a looksee later on and see what the lay of the land is.

My general observation is that the current weather isn't greatly surprising/out-of-kilter for early June, ie: heavy thundery showers. Generally this is because the sun is reaching its strongest, and if you have low pressure dominant, then this greatly increases the chance of explosive convection through the afternoons. To turn this pattern, you need a pressure build - ideally to our south or east (north/west tends to bring in clear skies, but colder airflow) so - hopefully(!) - this is in the offing soon. Shall get back to you...

Back