• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Even though Lloris has regularly stated that he wants to stay with us, to achieve success with us?

Lloris is already 28. But he had only won 1 French Cup and 1 French Super Cup with Lyon in his career. He was very unfortunate as he was not part of the Lyon team that won 7 league titles in a row between 2002 and 2008. Sooner or later, he is going to get ambitious to win more trophies. Unless, Levy shows him we have such ambitions, he might think about going to other clubs who have more ambitions.

Lloris is already 28. But he had only won 1 French Cup and 1 French Super Cup with Lyon in his career. He was very unfortunate as he was not part of the Lyon team that won 7 league titles in a row between 2002 and 2008. Sooner or later, he is going to get ambitious to win more trophies. Unless, Levy shows him we have such ambitions, he might think about going to other clubs who have more ambitions.

I don't think Lloris is very ambitious personally hence still playing with us. As much as that might pain some of you if he was that ambitious he wouldn't have joined us in the first place and/or would've left after a season or two for a higher level.

I don't think Lloris is very ambitious personally hence still playing with us. As much as that might pain some of you if he was that ambitious he wouldn't have joined us in the first place and/or would've left after a season or two for a higher level.

I think he is, but I think he gets more satisfaction from building something and being part of something rather than being signed into medals

Spurs & EPL is a much better stepping stone to the very top level clubs than Lyon (however that makes you feel), see Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale

Lloris coming here does not show any lack of ambition, lack of ambition for him would have been staying in France.

I do think Lloris is fairly loyal and will give clubs that extra year that totally mercenary players would not. In my opinion he has already given us that, and as I said earlier, I expect he's gone at the end of this season, almost regardless of final result.

I think he is, but I think he gets more satisfaction from building something and being part of something rather than being signed into medals
I think he is just too much of a nice guy to force a move.

I think he has been given assurances that he can leave for a set fee next Summer and he'll be off to Man Utd at that point. Although if we're not doing too well at the end of the year that may well be brought forward with him leaving in the winter transfer window.

Hugo Lloris urges Tottenham to 'improve quickly' after letting leads slip in slow start | Daily Mail Online
‘The last month was very bad for us,’ the French goalkeeper told Sportsmail.

‘We need to improve quickly, gain some confidence and rise up the table fast. It is not easy to start the season at Manchester United. We were unlucky to lose there but we deserved what we got against Stoke because we were 2-0 up at home and drew 2-2.

'Then we were 1-0 up at Leicester and drew 1-1. You have to hold onto leads better. We lost those four points, then the last game at home to Everton, we had chances but [goalkeeper] Tim Howard was excellent.’

Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino was desperate to add firepower to his side after they began the season having scored only three goals in four games. The transfer window, however, ended in farce as Spurs failed to seal a deal for West Brom striker Saido Berahino.

‘I don’t really know what to say about that,’ Lloris laughed, blowing out his cheeks. ‘I have to stay in my position as a player. The chairman works with the manager on transfers, they know what they want and where they want to be. As players, we just have to get on with it.’

‘We have a good squad, a good mentality and a good philosophy. We now need to keep going.’

He is our best player, if anyone disagrees think of the top ten players in the World for each position, Lloris is the only one of our players to have a nailed on place in his list.

Saves like today's only further prove his worth to us. I'm pleased that now we are looking more defensively solid too. Now we have one of the best defensive records in the league. Which is quite surprising given our awful record last season.

I want Lloris to have a song. I'm going to try to think of something, but for now chants of 'Hugo' will have to do. He deserves all the support and praise that we can give him.

He is our best player, if anyone disagrees think of the top ten players in the World for each position, Lloris is the only one of our players to have a nailed on place in his list.

Saves like today's only further prove his worth to us. I'm pleased that now we are looking more defensively solid too. Now we have one of the best defensive records in the league. Which is quite surprising given our awful record last season.

I want Lloris to have a song. I'm going to try to think of something, but for now chants of 'Hugo' will have to do. He deserves all the support and praise that we can give him.

Fwiw, FIFA's latest rankings put him right up there as the world's fourth best keeper. All the more impressive considering that neither France (FIFA 24th) nor ourselves (UEFA 24th in Europe) feature among the world's most successful teams.

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/news/2014/fifa-15-player-ratings-top-20-goalkeepers

Last edited:
Fwiw, FIFA's latest rankings put him right up there as the world's fourth best keeper. All the more impressive considering that neither France (FIFA 24th) nor ourselves (UEFA 24th in Europe) feature among the world's most successful teams.

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/news/2014/fifa-15-player-ratings-top-20-goalkeepers

That's EA's rankings, not FIFA's, although you were probably referring to the game, the narrative is slightly misleading.

I think that Cech being rated 85, is very questionable. How can he be rated as the third best keeper in the game, he's not even the third best keeper in the Premier League! Far too mistake prone.

I do think though that Lloris is in the top three World goalkeepers. How we still have him is beyond me. We are just very lucky. Let's hope that our luck continues for some time to come just hope that we achieve as much as possible in that time, to justify his staying with us. This season I don't see why we should rule out top 4. Let's go for it, and Europa League, and play reserves/kids in the other competitions. Bring success for the team & Lloris.

Back