• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Really pleased about Hugo's nomination.

As for the Brad v Hugo debate, us Lloris fans had to get proactive because it was doing our heads in, certainly me that Hugo was being unfairly benched because of poor-decision making by AVB. I didn't start having a go at Brad, I just kept pointing out how Hugo would improve the team, and guess what , he has. Us Lloris fans were confident in him, a lot of Spurs fans weren't or gave him really faint backing.

What a load of self indulgent gonad*s.

Can JPG and tottenhamlondon be put in their own separate forum to argue the toss about Friedel and Lloris, and the rest of us normal fans left to have sensible discussion without manic zealots please?

It was nothing to do with Redknapp, Jesus Christ, people claim the pro Harry posters are obsessed!

People wanted Lloris to earn the job rather than having it handed to him. I think AVB handled it perfectly. If we signed Lloris before the season, then there is no doubt IMO he would have started the season as no.1

And the Lloris fans were so overly critical of Friedel it was embarrassing and quite frankly, transparent. He made countless saves in the Norwich and West Brom home games that were overlooked just because he had the nerve to concede one goal in each game. Nothing to do with our shaky defence at the time I suppose.

Really? So there's not been a whole stance by some posters to treat AVB and Lloris the same way that they feel other posters have been treating Redknapp and Friedel then? righto! You may or may not have been one of them, I've no idea, but to deny it happened / is happening is a bit strange considering it's been the MO of this board for the last 6 months !

It was always on the cards that Lloris would be Tottenham's first choice goalkeeper for the foreseeable future, but while Friedel was still performing very well the transition had to be handled in a way that respected both players.

I think that by and large, AVB handled the situation very well indeed and full marks to Brad for being a consummate professional and wanting to stay with Spurs.

Spot on.

Strange to see this Lloris/Friedel thing still being argued over

Really? So there's not been a whole stance by some posters to treat AVB and Lloris the same way that they feel other posters have been treating Redknapp and Friedel then? righto! You may or may not have been one of them, I've no idea, but to deny it happened / is happening is a bit strange considering it's been the MO of this board for the last 6 months !

I think it's an absurd logic. That would mean every player signed by Redknapp would be championed by pro Redknapp posters on GG. Have a wander over to the Adebayor thread, many people who liked Redknapp have been critical of Adebayor, whereas some who didn't like Redknapp have defended Adebayor.

I really don't see how you and ArcspacE have made the connection of Redknapp and Friedel. There were various staunch AVB posters who were demanding Lloris played, even if it meant being critcal of AVB.

Last point, you won't find many posters who think we should drop Lloris now so how does that reconcile with the whole sticking by Friedel because he's a Redknapp sigining thing?

Why don't you two start naming names if it's that big of a deal to you?

no thanks. i've grown accustomed to this style that the person in question started,...its very addictive..granted they dont do it nearly as much or even at all but i cant seem to let the ill feeling go. very sad i know

I think it's an absurd logic. That would mean every player signed by Redknapp would be championed by pro Redknapp posters on GG. Have a wander over to the Adebayor thread, many people who liked Redknapp have been critical of Adebayor, whereas some who didn't like Redknapp have defended Adebayor.

I really don't see how you and ArcspacE have made the connection of Redknapp and Friedel. There were various staunch AVB posters who were demanding Lloris played, even if it meant being critcal of AVB.

Last point, you won't find many posters who think we should drop Lloris now so how does that reconcile with the whole sticking by Friedel because he's a Redknapp sigining thing?

It is an absurd logic but some people have admitted to it, look back in this very thread and you'll see people saying they will judge Lloris just like others judged Friedel - harshly. That's still happening, though not quite as much. The very same was said in the AVB thread, he will be judged by some just as harshly as they feel Redknapp was judged.

It is an absurd logic but some people have admitted to it, look back in this very thread and you'll see people saying they will judge Lloris just like others judged Friedel - harshly. That's still happening, though not quite as much. The very same was said in the AVB thread, he will be judged by some just as harshly as they feel Redknapp was judged.

They have admitted to judging him harshly yes, but this was not because they are pro/anti a manager, it is because some posters set the bar impossibly high for Freidel and others picked up on this and feel it is only fair to set the bar as equally high for Lloris.

I don't disagree with that, I think that is what's happening, which is what I said in my original post, it's creating a blind spot for some posters.

It was always on the cards that Lloris would be Tottenham's first choice goalkeeper for the foreseeable future, but while Friedel was still performing very well the transition had to be handled in a way that respected both players.

I think that by and large, AVB handled the situation very well indeed and full marks to Brad for being a consummate professional and wanting to stay with Spurs.

Fair enough 6061, I respect your views, though I don't agree with them on this occasion.

Well said GD.

Can JPG and tottenhamlondon be put in their own separate forum to argue the toss about Friedel and Lloris, and the rest of us normal fans left to have sensible discussion without manic zealots please?

dunno how this works mate, they have each one of my posts down as 'reviewed by a moderator' first while this JPG guy fudging goes on and on as he likes. astounding really

What views are there to disagree with in Statto's post?

That Friedel was 'performing very well'. He wasn't, his stay at home tactics were costing us vital goals and didn't allow a proper high line to be played. Also that 'by and large AVB handled the situation well,' I don't think he did. I think it was poor overall up to the point that he finally made Hugo number 1, and dropping Hugo after the Villa game was scandalous.

Since then it's been great BTW, and overall AVB is doing a great job.

He was excellent on that occasion but a few minutes later he did a really poor throw that could have been costly.

yeah, i agree, he saved us from being embarrassed but then should have embarrassed us with that.

he did the same against Villa at home iirc and it almost cost us a goal!!

Back