• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Noticed Friedel having a few friendly words with AVB during the match. Wonder what Friedel was telling AVB. Or is Friedel now a coach or something ?

No, Parks is still our goalkeeping coach. I get the impression that there is a pretty relaxed relationship between the coaching and playing staff, maybe this is just further evidence of this.

Friedel would be fabulous to have on the back room staff for his experience alone, almost as a scout. He's been afforded about ten years of consecutive, non-stop observation of football against so many teams and players. That's a luxury of being a keeper, most of the time you are just watching watching watching. Almost a perfect scout, could probably compile a pretty meaty document about every opposing team.

Happened to come across http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/weisseweste/wettbewerb_GB1.html
Has some great Lloris stats

Clean sheet percentage in the Premier League
PTlv7.jpg

And Minutes per Goal conceded
TdJxq.jpg

Seriously?

Can you not see the blatant flaws in this already?

Hes been good, but 12 games is hardly statistically relevant.

And in other news, a Brad Friedel fan has escaped and is posting in the Lloris thread.

Where?

No seriously where?

I'm simply not using my spurs tinted spectacles and am looking at the stats as they are.

Lloris has been performing brilliantly, but that set of statistics is currently just a complete waste of time (with lloris, if you wanted to compare all the keepers who had played 20 games or so then go ahead). Come back and show me when he's played 20 game (about half a season) and then they'll be slightly more useful.

Something negative statistically about spurs comes on and people fall over each other trying to say why it's not a very good analysis, as soon as something positive about spurs comes out people are just supposed to accept it?

That is gonad*s imo.

Last edited:
Where?

No seriously where?

I'm simply not using my spurs tinted spectacles and am looking at the stats as they are.

Lloris has been performing brilliantly, but that set of statistics is currently just a complete waste of time (with lloris, if you wanted to compare all the keepers who had played 20 games or so then go ahead). Come back and show me when he's played 20 game (about half a season) and then they'll be slightly more useful.

Something negative statistically about spurs comes on and people fall over each other trying to say why it's not a very good analysis, as soon as something positive about spurs comes out people are just supposed to accept it?

That is gonad*s imo.

chill ffs, im only having a laugh.

Weird how all those clean sheets started after Sandro and Dembele came back. Who's to say Freidel wouldn't have those same exact stats with the benefit of the same exact improving defence?

loris featured here, but the first one sounds more like the gomes-nani incident from a few years back where there was a handball but the ref allowed play to go on, while gomes tried to restart a freekick (you know the rest)...

You-are-the-Ref-Lloris-005.jpg

edit: caricature makes a nice avatar... anyone?

Last edited:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/19/tottenham-hotspur-andre-villas-boas?

Excellent article from the Observer about AVB, so I won't post in full here.

But it does focus on AVB's fostering of a strong esprit de corps and that, central to that, is treating everyone as equal, regardless of reputation. Absolutely no favourites. It a policy that has proved popular with all the players.

This is, in large part, why AVB didn't summarily drop Brad and install Hugo as number one as soon as he arrived from Lyon - even if he might always have known that Hugo is the better keeper and would eventually claim the number one spot for himself. Had he done so, the team spirit that he had been carefully nurturing throughout the summer could have evaporated in an instant.

So there were bigger, far more important things at play than the mere choice between two keepers. AVB knew what he was doing.

loris featured here, but the first one sounds more like the gomes-nani incident from a few years back where there was a handball but the ref allowed play to go on, while gomes tried to restart a freekick (you know the rest)..

The artist, Paul Trevillion, is a Spurs fan, I believe. Maybe nothing more to it than that?

Back