• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I rate Hugo above Robinson. I don't know how Paul Robinson is beating out Friedel. Apart from that I am fine.

I get there's much love for Robinson as he was a nice guy, but he wasn't that good. He only spent four years at Spurs and in his last season it had gotten so bad he was getting dropped for Cerny.

I rate Hugo above Robinson. I don't know how Paul Robinson is beating out Friedel. Apart from that I am fine.

Freidel only had one full season as our first choice keeper, which pushes him down the list in my view (hence the mention of long-term consistency in my post)

Jennings
Clemence
Lloris
Robinson

Would be my list, Robinson was a very good keeper but he never got over the mistake ( when the ball rolled over his foot from a tame back pass and into the net) playing for England. He was never the same keeper after that and i think his confidence was shot. Sad really as he was class before that night.

Jennings
Clemence
Lloris
Robinson

Would be my list, Robinson was a very good keeper but he never got over the mistake ( when the ball rolled over his foot from a tame back pass and into the net) playing for England. He was never the same keeper after that and i think his confidence was shot. Sad really as he was class before that night.
Completely agree with that.
As for all the others mentioned - well below the standard we should be looking for. I'd call them Pickford level.

Jennings
Clemence
Lloris
Robinson

Jennings
Clemence
Lloris
Thorsvedt

For me. Big Erik was immense fit a few seasons.

I suspect he will go home to Nice, and as for a fee, I doubt it. Old keepers aren't high value and we shouldn't charge based on his long service with us.
So we should let Kane go for fudge all aswell due to long service?

So we should let Kane go for fudge all aswell due to long service?

Nope. I'm intrigued as to where you found that in what I wrote about a goalkeeper who is approx 8 years older than Kane, well past his best and plays in role that, when they get to a certain age, holds minimal financial value. Kane incidentally who is in his prime, worth approx £85m, and who we weren't talking about.

What a daft thing to say.

I only go as far back as Thorstvedt but I'd say Lloris has been the best by a fair distance. The most consistent, a good captain and ambassador for the club who lived its values through the Poch era (aside from the d/d incident which seems to have been out of character).
Prior to him I still think Thorstvedt was the best of the bunch for his era in terms of technical ability/agility. He was phenomenal and I'd say it was the backpass rule that did for him along with a back injury that saw him eventually usurped by Ian Walker.

Back