• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

And...... he made a huge howler in the final. Lloris is capable of throwing the ball into his own net type of mistakes. The really great ones not so much.

I could probably find 21 other players who made mistakes in that match. Also don’t remember him throwing the ball into his own goal (I seem to remember someone else on this forum making that hyperbolic claim in the past).

And on the verge of tears? Really? When?

I could probably find 21 other players who made mistakes in that match. Also don’t remember him throwing the ball into his own goal (I seem to remember someone else on this forum making that hyperbolic claim in the past).

He threw it in his own bet vs arsenal this season

Lots of times he gets this drawn look as if he is going to cry. Does not send much of a fighting spirit out there.

You are aware that the term 'throwing it into his own net' is just euphemism for dropping a bad clanger? We are not saying that Lloris has literally done that.
Nah
He literally did just that in this one
The ball is at him and because he flips his right arm around his left… why… he pushes it into his own net over the line
It’s the worst I’ve seen in a long long time

Last edited:
He’s always struck me as a thoughtful, intelligent type. Will be interesting to see if money trumps any concerns he is likely to have about the regime in that country.
Apart from when he goes on the lash with his Chelsea buddies and drives home...

There was a point when he was great for us and I remember a few times when he suggested he'd move if we didn't get CL, then the mistakes started to kick and after the DD incident I never really took to him as captain (On top of don't think it works for goalkeepers). fudging up in the WC Final but picking up the trophy was the inverse of sexy.

I do get the feeling he must be good working upwards behind the scenes, to have captained club and Country under several different managers, someone suggested he could be a future DoF when he retires.

You are aware that the term 'throwing it into his own net' is just euphemism for dropping a bad clanger? We are not saying that Lloris has literally done that.

Bedford has been saying phrase with the literal meaning implied as many times as possible and has literally said it in the post following yours.

I appreciate people see things differently but have no idea how the mistake could be described as a "throw", considering Lloris never catches it or has the ball under control but there you go, words can mean whatever you like if you want to belittle a Spurs player...

Edit - Oops I just realized he replied to you directly so the first part of my post wasn't needed!

Last edited:
Apart from when he goes on the lash with his Chelsea buddies and drives home...

There was a point when he was great for us and I remember a few times when he suggested he'd move if we didn't get CL, then the mistakes started to kick and after the DD incident I never really took to him as captain (On top of don't think it works for goalkeepers). fudging up in the WC Final but picking up the trophy was the inverse of sexy.

I do get the feeling he must be good working upwards behind the scenes, to have captained club and Country under several different managers, someone suggested he could be a future DoF when he retires.
The guy was a world class keeper IMO
But his decline has been quick and significant
I think we were right to gamble on not needing a quick replacement with other area to focus on
However…
His errors this season have been vast and costly
He cost us vs villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home which cost us 6 points
Arsenal home and away his errors cost is key goals
Saudi Sportswashing Machine away he was toxic the way he was playing
There are other examples
No matter how good a defence may or may not be… they will what’s struggle as a unit when the last like of defence is struggling with the basics

Nah
He literally did just that in this one
The ball is at him and because he flips his right arm around his left… why… he pushes it into his own net over the line
It’s the worst I’ve seen in a long long time

Or did he set himself for a trajectory from close range, that then changed because the ball was deflected when about 5 feet from him?

He's not the same keeper any more, agreed, but to say its the worse you've seen in a long time is pretty unfair.

Or did he set himself for a trajectory from close range, that then changed because the ball was deflected when about 5 feet from him?

He's not the same keeper any more, agreed, but to say its the worse you've seen in a long time is pretty unfair.
What’s been worse?
His mistake vs villa
The one at arsenal away?
The two vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home?
How about the ones at Saudi Sportswashing Machine away?
Brighton?
I mean there are many many mistakes this season but the arsenal at home one was a shocker
The ball wasn’t hard. It took a deflection by he got his feet and hands wrong. One of them he may have got away with. Both… shocking.
His worst ever was probably the Brighton away one where he done his shoulder in

What’s been worse?
His mistake vs villa
The one at arsenal away?
The two vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home?
How about the ones at Saudi Sportswashing Machine away?
Brighton?
I mean there are many many mistakes this season but the arsenal at home one was a shocker
The ball wasn’t hard. It took a deflection by he got his feet and hands wrong. One of them he may have got away with. Both… shocking.
His worst ever was probably the Brighton away one where he done his shoulder in

I think his performances have been in line with the rest of the squad, with the exception of Harry Kane. That's to say, pretty average overall. Of course, as a goalkeeper, it's worse because just about every mistake leads to a goal, but I'd say the amount of mistakes he's made would compare with other players.

I think his performances have been in line with the rest of the squad, with the exception of Harry Kane. That's to say, pretty average overall. Of course, as a goalkeeper, it's worse because just about every mistake leads to a goal, but I'd say the amount of mistakes he's made would compare with other players.

Possibly, but he is making more and more mistakes. He always had a laps and vulnerable to the odd brain fart, but it's becoming more of a thing no?

I think we can and should upgrade.

PS it doesn't help having a shaky defence in front of you.

Possibly, but he is making more and more mistakes. He always had a laps and vulnerable to the odd brain fart, but it's becoming more of a thing no?

I think we can and should upgrade.

PS it doesn't help having a shaky defence in front of you.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely not making the argument he should be number 1 next season. We need to buy a new goalkeeper. But stuff about him looking like he’s going to cry, being mentally weak etc are all bizarre comments to me.

Back