• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I'm with @elyid on the principle. But the difference is cultural. In Britain people would not be able to do the responsible side.

As far as Hugo goes. He has allegedly committed a crime and set a poor example.
He will face the legal punishment and be treated equally under the club's disciplinary procedure.
To not do so would undermine everything the current set up stands for.

That will probably include taking away the captaincy. Rightly so.

He also seems like the kind of character to fully accept that.
You do wrong, you accept responsibility, you take the punishment, you move forward. That's it.

There is also an opportunity for Poch here. He knows Hugo will react positively - great chance to show what kind of attitude is needed to come from an error in judgement/personality.
FIFY

I do not think he should be sacked or dropped, but imo he should lose the capt armband. I wonder if those who are saying none of the things i mentioned should happen would feel the same if it happened to a player who was playing for the Arse, Liverpool etc, etc.

I do not think he should be sacked or dropped, but imo he should lose the capt armband. I wonder if those who are saying none of the things i mentioned should happen would feel the same if it happened to a player who was playing for the Arse, Liverpool etc, etc.
I think the alternate view to the “should be dropped, lose captaincy, etc.” camp, is the “let’s wait and see the facts of what actually happened and to what extent he broke the law” camp.

I wonder if those who are saying none of the things i mentioned should happen would feel the same if it happened to a player who was playing for the Arse, Liverpool etc, etc.

I'd enjoy taking the tinkle if it happened to a player at another club. I wouldn't really care about internal discipline. This is a reasonably regularly occurrence, I don't remeber people going overboard before.

The amount of vitriol in this thread makes me very unhappy. Not really because of Lloris, but because of how much of a rule loving, illogical nation a lot of England has become.

If he was slightly over the limit then it’s stupid of him, but hardly that big a crime, or even that dangerous.

When I used to live in Spain people would DD all the time (I didn’t, breathalysed once at 3am zero reading), yet nobody I knew ever had an accident because they were sensible enough to drive carefully.

Speeding / driving dangerously is way, way worse.

Anyone saying strip him of the captaincy or never play again (!) blows my mind.

A low acceptance of drunk driving seems far from illogical. Google Spain and drunk driving and you'll find news stories about how they're trying to crack down on it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0386111214600467

"There is a substantial amount of evidence from experimental studies to indicate that a variety of individual skills are impaired at blood alcohol concentrations (BACs) well below 0.05%. Epidemiological studies indicate that the risk of a crash increases sharply for drivers with BACs below 0.05%. The correlation between drunk driving and the risk of traffic accidents has been established on the individual as well as the aggregate level."

Speeding and dangerous driving might be more dangerous, but I see no reason to think that you get a decrease of those with more acceptance of drunk driving.

Sure. I agree with that & agree DD should rightly be illegal.

My point is that Hugo has broken a law and it’s the job of the legal system to deal with it. I’m confused by the reactions of people saying he should be punished further.

There’s no reason for him not to play or lose his captaincy.

Driving 100mph+ could be more dangerous (depending on the specific circumstances), yet nobody seems to care when players get speeding tickets.
He gets paid a lot of money from the club. Mostly to train and play, but also to lead, set an example, be a role model and make us money from commercial deals. His lack of professionalism makes this more difficult. That's a separate domain to what the courts will deal with.

Radio Five earlier having a serious conversation about the where’s and wherefores of Hugo’s offence....

Chris Waddle wades in two footed tinkling himself laughing and blurts out “the spurs fans love it, Hugo has more points than arsenal!!!!!”

Beautifully inappropriate station and timing there waddler!!!

Anyway, bored of the back and forth on this.

We all agree he’s been a taco. He’s done wrong, and he will be correctly punished in a court of law.

We’re not scousers, so no need to print support T-shirts, or launch a social media campaign against the attending officer.

But equally we’re not Chelsea - they wouldn’t have even blinked or acknowledged this, even if Hugo had indeed mown down a family of school kids. And reversed back up. Yes, looking at you ‘hero’ Alonso..

Captain the side to a win on Monday night please Hugo, and don’t do this again. We have a league title to win this season.

We don't know what he is going to be charged with yet. We do know that he has admitted drink driving, which is what is being discussed.
My point is that 'allegedly' or similar is something that should always be inserted where the law is concerned until someone has been found guilty. That is all.

My point is that 'allegedly' or similar is something that should always be inserted where the law is concerned until someone has been found guilty. That is all.

But the discussion isn't around what he will be charged with or the punishment the court will issue. It is about what the club will (should) do in response to something he has admitted.

I think the alternate view to the “should be dropped, lose captaincy, etc.” camp, is the “let’s wait and see the facts of what actually happened and to what extent he broke the law” camp.

He has broke the law and has admitted to it. There is no way breaking the law can be measured ' to what extent". As i said sacking him or dropping him is a over reaction though.

Legally accurate prose is incredibly important on Glory-Glory, and correct vernacular should always be applied.
Fine to be a bit sloppy in court of course. Far less important there. :cool:

Don't they also do blood tests for a more accurate reading, which take longer to come through? So if you are borderline you can sometimes fail a breatherliser and be cleared a week or so later. Like the B sample with doping.

He has broke the law and has admitted to it. There is no way breaking the law can be measured ' to what extent". As i said sacking him or dropping him is a over reaction though.

That’s exactly what courts, lawyers, judges, etc. are for! To help determine guilt or the measure of it!

As I said, I’d prefer to hear the facts before making any judgement beyond he’s been stupid/naive.

That’s exactly what courts, lawyers, judges, etc. are for! To help determine guilt or the measure of it!

As I said, I’d prefer to hear the facts before making any judgement beyond he’s been stupid/naive.

What do you mean about " making any judgement"? do you mean about his punishment by the club?

Back