• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I think we should just be grateful he's here whatever small faults he might have, I'm still not sure why he even signed a new contract.

Like his terrible distribution, habit of random runs out (Ballotelli chance yesterday) and never being close to saving penalties (yesterday's was just a quality penalty though).

Like Hugo a lot but faults in a goalkeeper are quite important, not sure why you would consider him beyond criticism because if he plays like he did yesterday it's a problem for the team.

I didn't say he's beyond criticism but we're lucky to have him, he's better than anyone we could possibly replace him with.

Like his terrible distribution, habit of random runs out (Ballotelli chance yesterday) and never being close to saving penalties (yesterday's was just a quality penalty though).

Like Hugo a lot but faults in a goalkeeper are quite important, not sure why you would consider him beyond criticism because if he plays like he did yesterday it's a problem for the team.

His terrible distribution is a fault, however against QPR he was passing out the back, against Pool it was troublesome because people in front of him didn't make themselves available.

The random run out saved us from a goal due to a midfield mistake.

He was extremely close to Gerrard's penalty which was as good as penalties get.

All I can say is -> Walker, Robbo, Gomes (real Gomes, not the 10 games fans want to remember), Friedel stuck to his line, go back 15 years and realize what we have.

His terrible distribution is a fault, however against QPR he was passing out the back, against Pool it was troublesome because people in front of him didn't make themselves available - If the players aren't there then Hugo should clear it with distance and height rather than bobbling it along the floor towards the kick off spot

The random run out saved us from a goal due to a midfield mistake - Defender could have dealt with it and we were left with an open goal after Hugo gave possession away with a poor clearance

He was extremely close to Gerrard's penalty which was as good as penalties get - I acknowleged that in my post quite clearly

All I can say is -> Walker, Robbo, Gomes (real Gomes, not the 10 games fans want to remember), Friedel stuck to his line, go back 15 years and realize what we have.

As I said, I like him a lot and when on form he is top quality but days like yesterday deserve criticism. Any French person I speak to about Lloris say he's been poor for the national team for quite a while now.

As fans of Tottenham Hotspur, we shoudn't judge players on their reputation or what team might allegedly want to buy them, it should be on a game by game basis as the only thing that matters is how well a player is playing in the now, like you hinted to in regards to Gomes's performances

He was awful yesterday it's true. We sit and say the defence are poor, but if lloris does **** like that they're just not going to have any confidence in him.

His terrible distribution is a fault, however against QPR he was passing out the back, against Pool it was troublesome because people in front of him didn't make themselves available.

The random run out saved us from a goal due to a midfield mistake.

He was extremely close to Gerrard's penalty which was as good as penalties get.

Not quite as simple as that though is it. Did you not notice how intensive the marking was? Pool came with a very determined plan to press us in our third of the park as much as possible. It's what worked for them so well in our two previous defeats so why wouldn't they?

Pure class

Saves us again and again

Our only world class player

And I do wonder, how long he wants to play with such mediocre teammates, when in reality he should be playing for a top top european team

This.

I would be gutted if he left here without a medal, by far the best goalkeeper this club has had in decades, once again he saved the team, could've been 3-1 to them if it hadn't been for his heroics. Truly World class, top top draw.

Pure class

Saves us again and again

Our only world class player

And I do wonder, how long he wants to play with such mediocre teammates, when in reality he should be playing for a top top european team

He will leave next summer and I wouldnt blame him one iota. He has the same facial expression as Bales in his last season.

He will leave next summer and I wouldnt blame him one iota. He has the same facial expression as Bales in his last season.

Bale was never gonna leave. It was just 90m was too much to reject. If we got CL he wouldnt have left.

If he could kick he would be at Barcelona. Top draw keeper but he puts us under constant pressure as a footballer who can't hit a moving ball to the half way line. Crazy

No ones gonna pay 90m for a keeper though.

If you mean will we sell out of our own accord? Nope. Will Lloris want to leave? Yep. I am pretty sure there will be a clause in his new contract re CL football etc. I dont think there is a release clause as such but definitely a caveat.

I haven't seen a display like that since Gomes (the good one).

On the penalty, I'm certain you cannot stop in your run up to the ball. A stutter is allowed but a complete stop like Ba made is a retake. Anyway the ref was a retread so I doubt he knows that rule.

Back