• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I think those reduced tax earnings could sway him (Monaco did get that sorted right, their players do pay less tax?)

for a small keeper he does put in huge performances.
he would absolutely shine for barca, the way the play, and the general less physical nature of the league.
if he goes to barca he'll stay there until the end of his playing career methinks, Loris is unique.

Tottenham are to offer goalkeeper Hugo Lloris a new contract before the end of the season, reports the London Evening Standard. The 27-year-old France international has kept 12 Premier League clean sheets this season to attract interest from both Paris St-Germain and Monaco. Lloris has one year left on his contract after this season, but the report claims Tottenham are proposing an improvement on his current salary, which is thought to be worth close to £80,000 a week.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ad-off-paris-st-germain-interest-9172883.html

he would absolutely shine for barca, the way the play, and the general less physical nature of the league.
if he goes to barca he'll stay there until the end of his playing career methinks, Loris is unique.

He'd get bored at Barca, he'd have nothing to do.

Not sure if Barca are nailed on for either competition this year. I'd like to see him stay, but I just get a feeling it won't happen. It's a shame we only got him on a three year contract, normally we aim for 4 and look to renew with two years left. We are in a dangerous position

Not sure if Barca are nailed on for either competition this year. I'd like to see him stay, but I just get a feeling it won't happen. It's a shame we only got him on a three year contract, normally we aim for 4 and look to renew with two years left. We are in a dangerous position

Well of course they aren't nailed on but they're contenders for accoldaes every year, we are nowhere near their level.....

In a poll conducted in France the vast majority of PSG supporters have voted that they don't want the club to sign Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. The French international has been linked to a move back to France in recent weeks but fans would rather see current keeper Salvatore Sirigu remain with the club.

Le10 Sport conducted the poll which saw 48% vote for the French champions to keep hold of the Italian stopper with only 18% preferring for PSG manager Laurent Blanc to bring in Lloris in the summer. Lloris was Blanc's number one when he was the manager of the national team and therefore knows the quality of the former Lyon player but this opinion isn't shared by PSG supporters.

The PSG fans are adamant that they want Sirigu to be their goalkeeper next season by taking nearly half the votes, far more than any other the keepers in the poll. Real Madrid's Iker Casillas came third in the list with 13% of the votes followed by Chelsea's young keeper Thibaut Courtois, with 8% wanting him to come to Paris. Barcelona's want away goalkeeper Victor Valdes was the other player with a mention worthy vote at 7%.

Lloris has been linked with a return to his home country which according to reports has put Tottenham on alert. The Evening Standard reported yesterday that because of these links with the French club they want to tie the player down to the club. Lloris is currently contracted to the club until 2016 but the Premier League side want to extend this and offer a larger salary in the a new deal.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/psg-faithful-don-t-want-tottenham-s-lloris

Come on Hugo, sign on the dotted line for 2 more seasons, give us a boost. Nail your colours to the mast and hopefully a few more will do likewise [-o<

In many ways he's perfect for Barca. He's great one on one defensively and when the Barca defending fails that's often how it ends up, he's also fairly good at dealing with crosses - their perhaps biggest weakness.

However, Hugo's distribution is poor. This would be a major problem at Barca and he would need to improve very quickly to settle in there. Their buildup play from the back is almost religiously ingrained in their playing style and the goalkeeper plays a big part in that, even when teams press to their box they try to play it out. They need a goalkeeper that's very comfortable on the ball, has a great touch and a very good pass on him. That's not Lloris.

I would almost go so far that Hugo's biggest weakness is his distribution/passing and one of Barca's "must have qualities" in a goalkeeper is just that distribution/passing.

I can't see it happening, I will be more worried about Real Madrid, PSG and Emirates Marketing Project.

He's great one on one defensively.
He is a liability when he comes charging out at 50mph. Half the time he clears it, half the time he gets the player. Twice in the first 5 minutes today he missed the ball and clipped the man.

However, Hugo's distribution is poor.
Agreed, his kicking is shaky, either off the pitch or high and weak.

Other than that I think he's an excellent shot stopper and much better on crosses than when he joined, he's toughened up a lot

Back