• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I think those stats are skewed hence I hate stats. Lloris isnt the best at kicking but those stats are skewed as Lloris doesnt aimlessly kick it in the middle of the park, he tries to pick a pass out specifically on the wings. That in itself increases the chances of misplacing those passes. Had Lloris continued to kick out in the middle of the park, as there are more players there, he will increase those stats.

Well he didn't have much success hoofing it down the middle against Villa so I'm glad Hugo didn't resort to that too much on Sunday... Chadli is the only forward player we have with enough physical presence to win a decent amount of those long balls currently, well until Adebayor' eventual return...

http://epl.squawka.com/aston-villa-...-2013/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

Been a fan of the club since 1990 and he's the best we've had in my opinion. There's something implacable in his expression that reminds me of Federer. I don't see him going through the same crises of confidence that so many keepers go through.

BYNQLqOIIAAgQHo.jpg:large

I remember in the late 60s there was a Danny Blanchflower spot in the Daily/Sunday? Express, part of which was a situation and asking what you would do as the ref.

One was a player about to kick the ball hard and the keeper dives headlong to block him ...... the decision was supposedly a free kick or more for dangerous play AGAINST THE KEEPER, as he was the one making the dangerous move - albeit to himself.

I know things have changed, but if a booking was due yesterday there's no way it should have been the striker, who tried avoiding any impact. Lloris went for the ball and was solely interested in that - he made no attempt to look after himself and his momentum carried him head first onto the striker.

Hope he has no ongoing affects, but if he does, I'll have an Inferno with extra gorgonzola please.

Should have come off the pitch after the knock to his head.

Have no idea what avb was playing at there really, you can't let someone who has taken a blow to the head like that make the decision for themselves, their decision making ability will likely be impaired. Not a risk we should be taking.

He decided he was well enough to play on. Stop finding things to bitch about and accept not all players are pussies.

Years ago, no-one would have batted an eyelid, probably, but I was absolutely astonished they let him continue yesterday.

He was definitely concussed, and having been concussed several times before it made me feel physically ill.. I was amazed that he walked away, let alone continued playing..

Surely he would have been seeing double?? Incredible bravery, but I expect nothing less from our best keeper in recent memory.

Yea I think he should have come off, but I am very grateful he didn't, think he won us a point at the end there and he really didn't seem to play any differently. I fully expect us to come in for some stick over this though.

He decided he was well enough to play on. Stop finding things to bitch about and accept not all players are pussies.

Do you know anything about concussion or head injuries?

It has nothing to do with being a ***** and everything to do with preserving the health of our players. He was in absolutely no position to decide whether or not he was well enough to stay on. Both he and the manager should have listened to the drs and taken him off.

Shouldn't have played on, obviously, but gotto love the attitude, and he did indeed make a couple of saves afterwards. Again, you've got to love the never say die-attitude. :)

Thought we should have replaced Lloris but then was worried about Friedel conceding a late goal. Also it would have deprieved us from bringing on either Eriksen, Defoe or Lamela. Funny thing was Lloris simply refused to come off despite many people telling him to. It was an embarassing situation for the players and AVB. What can you do when a player refuses to leave ? Just carry him off forcefully ?:lol:

Last edited:
Pretty sure he proved on 2 occasions that his head was in the right place.

Him making what are for him reflex movements afterwards do not indicate that his head was in the right place. He was knocked out buns powerful blow. Apparently he did not recall the incident at all.

There are many kinds of injuries you can get from a blow to the head, some of which only become obviously apparent hours, weeks or months afterwards. He needed to go off, have some scans, stay under observation and rest. Not because he definitely did have some trauma to the brain but because there was and is a very realistic chance of it.

Thought we should have replaced Lloris but then was worried about Friedel conceding a late goal. Also it would have deprieved us from bringin on either Eriksen, Defoe or Lamela. Funny thing was Lloris simply refused to come off despite many people telling him to. It was an embarassing situation for the players and AVB. What can you do when a player refuses to leave ? Just carry him off forcefully ?:lol:

I think in this kind of situation, no-one knows better how the player feels than the individual himself.

Lloris has well over 340 first class games under his belt and his vast experience will have told him whether he was able to continue or not.

Back