• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

Dude, if we were to go through all the threads to see what people actually wanted there would be some serious inconsistencies for all of us.

There would be. I forget what i said last week, never mind in the summer.

Also Dawson wasn't exactly a bad shout. He was touted to be sold before Kaboul was injured if i recall rightly. Can't exactly foresee that length of injury, and not worth having a 5th CB just in case.

Also Dawson wasn't exactly a bad shout. He was touted to be sold before Kaboul was injured if i recall rightly. Can't exactly foresee that length of injury, and not worth having a 5th CB just in case.

Oh come on, surely you know better than that. When was the last time we went through a whole season without at least ONE of our top central defenders sidelined with a long-term injury? ;)

I take the liberty of changing my mind from time to time. Most of the time I probably don't even realize it as I've forgotten what I thought a year ago. Class might be permanent, but form usually dictates what we say at the time.

Oh come on, surely you know better than that. When was the last time we went through a whole season without at least ONE of our top central defenders sidelined with a long-term injury? ;)

Probably some time before we started accumulating ones made made of glass. King and Woodgate, Dawson, Gallas, Kaboul. BAE, Lennon, Bale, Parker, Sandro, Defoe, who hasn't suffered either a long term injury or is chronically suffering from minor ones?

But in those games we beat the Scum , $chelsea and Man $city

So, the point was that the C/M was not always Hudd/Modric but Hudd/Wilson who did all his covering for him. We can all cream ourselves over three sub appearances but he will not be here next season.

It just amazes me that people refuse to believe that he has had a crucial impact in our highest ever premier league finishes, is a champions league level player, passes a ball as well as any other English footballer, and always has an impact when fit and with a run of games.

I think he's great and I would be sad to see him go.

And it's not about "he is so big he can't move or turn" because whilst he's not a whippet, he gets about enough to do what he does effectively. And he also rips teams apart when he smashes early, accurate balls out to the wings.

Plus I love it when one of his screamers goes in.

It just amazes me that people refuse to believe that he has had a crucial impact in our highest ever premier league finishes, is a champions league level player, passes a ball as well as any other English footballer, and always has an impact when fit and with a run of games.

I think he's great and I would be sad to see him go.

And it's not about "he is so big he can't move or turn" because whilst he's not a whippet, he gets about enough to do what he does effectively. And he also rips teams apart when he smashes early, accurate balls out to the wings.

Plus I love it when one of his screamers goes in.

What people are saying is that he isn't at that level now and has been injured, then struggling for fitness for the last two seasons. We can't afford to give him an extended run in the team in the hope that he will get better by playing.

Well I think we can afford to, because we are significantly better with a 75% Hudd over a 500% fit Parker. The reason being that we are actually a threat to the opposition's goal.

Trouble is with Parker, he just tries to do everyone else's job at the expense of his own. There's almost no point what-so-ever in him carrying the ball forward. He also dwells on it far too long and compresses our play on whichever side of the pitch he has it on. Huddlestone does the opposite in all of those things Parker does badly, and it's great.

My starting three in midfield would be Dembele, Hudd and Holtby.

Plus, be fair, Huddlestone really was quite good for someone short on games, when he came on against city last week. Remember, they are the second best side in England and have had millions spent on them, but it was great to see Tommy playing footy how it should be played (ie not exclusively about speed and power, but also about skill).

yikes - just seen the thudd using the press to speak about his lack of playing time. not sure how AVB will take this...

Can't blame him as he is 27 this year and needs to play regularly. But not sure if we can guarantee him regular football as he has not proved his worth consistently. I don't think he is a 90 minute player as he has been more effective coming on as a sub.

Back