• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

HRH Queenie

The were lots of reports she was pro the commonwealth.

I like the idea of the commonwealth it is what I wish the EU was.

I'm sure she was very keen on the Commonwealth in terms of being the boss and it giving her a vague echo of Empire but there are massive issues in numerous Commonwealth countries that she never used her respect, position or benign influence to try and address or improve.

Got to side with the 96-year-old-woman-dies-in-palace shock phalanx on this one.

Genuine question - what has been her impact? What did these years of 'service' actually look like and entail?

She never stood up as anti-racist or spoke up for equality, never meaningfully acknowledged the issues of Empire or the Commonwealth or Windrush or immigration. She never overtly moved to support or improve education. She has never supported LGBTQ+ rights or anything that went against her out-dated moral values. She never used either her position, wealth or land to improve the environment. She wore a broach once to show she possibly preferred the UK to stay in the EU but otherwise was unable to express any position at all on any major civil issue (non-political) of the last 60 years??

She opened a lot of hospitals, launched lots of warships, helped some trade deals and drank lots of tea. Anything else?

I'm sure she was a nice lady, maybe even lovely, and not talking ill of her as person but '7 decades of 'service'? Really?

the question Of her service and her sense of duty is unquestionably, to me at least. We can talk of the charity work, or her ambassador work or her contribution to Brand Britain, the tourist attraction etc etc. but I would like to point out two things

1. she made an oath to serve a whole life term when she was in her twenties. She done it. Not many if any would have that fortitude. If she abdicated 20 years ago and retired took an easier role, no one would have begrudge her that. But she didn’t. keeping an oath means something, to me at least.

2. she got off her death bed to accept the new prime minister. Look at her hand in the picture with Truss, its bruised almost certainly because she was on a drip. Look at her legs, there is water retention probably because her heart was not functioning properly. She wasn’t in a good way. But she still done what was asked of her.

I'm sure she was very keen on the Commonwealth in terms of being the boss and it giving her a vague echo of Empire but there are massive issues in numerous Commonwealth countries that she never used her respect, position or benign influence to try and address or improve.

with all due respect, do you know that? Or is that just an assumption?

Yes, I think it's my favourite Smiths song too. I've got an amazing live version of it somewhere that I even prefer to the album and Rank ones (not sure where it's recorded, I bought a random bootleg tape in Ireland once).

The extended version on the Queen is Dead anniversary edition beats the original too. An extra 90 secs of Johnny wigging out on the guitar.

the question Of her service and her sense of duty is unquestionably, to me at least. We can talk of the charity work, or her ambassador work or her contribution to Brand Britain, the tourist attraction etc etc. but I would like to point out two things

1. she made an oath to serve a whole life term when she was in her twenties. She done it. Not many if any would have that fortitude. If she abdicated 20 years ago and retired took an easier role, no one would have begrudge her that. But she didn’t. keeping an oath means something, to me at least.

2. she got off her death bed to accept the new prime minister. Look at her hand in the picture with Truss, its bruised almost certainly because she was on a drip. Look at her legs, there is water retention probably because her heart was not functioning properly. She wasn’t in a good way. But she still done what was asked of her.

Yeh this is fair, she had power but it was soft power so she was never going to be able to weald huge change but more subtle change.

She gets alot of the stick for how governments performed but again it's soft power she holds in ceremonial roles rather than choosing who and when, in fact Joe public hold more blame in continuing to elect plonkers than she did in my opinion.

At the very least she was a force for tourism £ and foreign exchange spend in the UK which is effectively the 3rd largest income source for the entire country, if you took that alone and based on your point about service, that alone would be enough to be grateful for. Most people, myself included take the greatest offence to the slightest attack online yet like to think we could do her job, having your life played out like a TV soap, everyone and anyone saying what they like and you having to just smile and go with it.....I somehow like you think many would jack it in alot earlier than death at 96

Last edited:
with all due respect, do you know that? Or is that just an assumption?

Conversations with a variety of mid level government people in a couple of Caribbean commonwealth countries over the years and their general feeling. Second hand, they may not have known at a 'high' level and maybe she was more active in Africa or the Pacific region but not a total assumption..

Conversations with a variety of mid level government people in a couple of Caribbean commonwealth countries over the years and their general feeling. Second hand, they may not have known at a 'high' level and maybe she was more active in Africa or the Pacific region but not a total assumption..

well just as a counter point. A charity she set up recently was dedicated solely to eradicating curable blindness and developing future leaders exclusively in commonwealth countries.

She opened a lot of hospitals, launched lots of warships, helped some trade deals and drank lots of tea. Anything else?

I'm sure she was a nice lady, maybe even lovely, and not talking ill of her as person but '7 decades of 'service'? Really?
Knighted Sir Jimmy Savile.

That’s old and for London Bridge. As she died in Scotland it’s actually unicorn that comes into affect
And we had extra bank holiday earlier in the year so again it won’t be as the guardian reported
I think there will be uproar if there isn't one - it would be political suicide.

Times is reporting Monday 19th for the state funeral.
And presumably the coronation next summer.

The Crown on Netflix really is an excellent glimpse into the lives of the royals. Highly recommend it.

I've never been a royalist, I find the concept quite ridiculous, but you just can't deny the fact that this lady has sacrificed a normal life for a kind of servitude that begs belief. You can say she's had it all, riches and all that, but what a dreary life, fudge me. Being the center of attention everywhere you go, always having to think about how you say things all the bloody rules of this and that. And she was thrown into it by her uncle abdicating for love, and her father dying quite early. Even I can't deny that the work she has done is quite admirable. You can't please everyone though, obviously, but this lady has served her people all her life not by her choosing or by being elected, she was just given the task at a very young age, and she's stood her ground for over 70 years. Nothing but respect from me - I'd opt out on day one.

She seemed like a nice person. But people pass away. Condolences to her family.

Cant imagine being in the public eye under so much scrutiny, and commanding so much respect.

However the only Royal I will enjoy is sitting there in burger King with Danny and my new mate paratici, waiting for new signings at the airport.

I’m a free speech guy and think it’s important to let people speak even if it’s distasteful and gross and something I completely disagree with, but I hope Trevor Sinclair gets all the stick he deserves for what he said about the queen last night. He’s got previous for being a knobhead, urinated in a police car and called an officer a “white clam”. Not the brightest is he? He’s so thick, if he was a lawyer defending someone for speeding he’d get them life without parole.

Got to side with the 96-year-old-woman-dies-in-palace shock phalanx on this one.

Genuine question - what has been her impact? What did these years of 'service' actually look like and entail?

She never stood up as anti-racist or spoke up for equality, never meaningfully acknowledged the issues of Empire or the Commonwealth or Windrush or immigration. She never overtly moved to support or improve education. She has never supported LGBTQ+ rights or anything that went against her out-dated moral values. She never used either her position, wealth or land to improve the environment. She wore a broach once to show she possibly preferred the UK to stay in the EU but otherwise was unable to express any position at all on any major civil issue (non-political) of the last 60 years??

She's the pinnacle of the class system. Gives everyone else something to aspire to.

This country's moved a long way from important principles such as a stiff upper lip and "Never complain, never explain" etc. Imagine what clams the latest generation would be without her being a guiding force to mitigate that.

The Crown on Netflix really is an excellent glimpse into the lives of the royals. Highly recommend it.

I've never been a royalist, I find the concept quite ridiculous, but you just can't deny the fact that this lady has sacrificed a normal life for a kind of servitude that begs belief. You can say she's had it all, riches and all that, but what a dreary life, fudge me. Being the center of attention everywhere you go, always having to think about how you say things all the bloody rules of this and that. And she was thrown into it by her uncle abdicating for love, and her father dying quite early. Even I can't deny that the work she has done is quite admirable. You can't please everyone though, obviously, but this lady has served her people all her life not by her choosing or by being elected, she was just given the task at a very young age, and she's stood her ground for over 70 years. Nothing but respect from me - I'd opt out on day one.

respectfully disagree, don't understand this view. She (and the other family members) are born into privelege and told from a young age you're better than the rest. She didn't have to 'think about how you say things' becuase from a young age she's been brought up to know how to do it. She eats the finest food, from the finest produce, travels wherever and whenever by modes not afforded to anyone else. I just don't get the "she's worked tirelessly for the country" shtick.

How? 3 course breakfast, lunch, dinner, then taking a private jet to somewhere, say hello and then a couple more 3 course breakfast, lunch and dinners. And then head back home, go to one of your castles, have friends or family come visit. And all whilst receiving millions in income, i mean, sure she's working, but she's not done it for free.

Cant help but feel the rose tinted glasses when it comes to the Monarchy, which isn't surprising given it's force fed down our throats daily that these beings are better than us and above reproach. But again, the talk of them doing this charitable work is completely disingenuous.

She's the pinnacle of the class system. Gives everyone else something to aspire to.

that's right kids, if you try your best, you too could be King or Queen one day.

p>

respectfully disagree, don't understand this view. She (and the other family members) are born into privelege and told from a young age you're better than the rest. She didn't have to 'think about how you say things' becuase from a young age she's been brought up to know how to do it. She eats the finest food, from the finest produce, travels wherever and whenever by modes not afforded to anyone else. I just don't get the "she's worked tirelessly for the country" shtick.

How? 3 course breakfast, lunch, dinner, then taking a private jet to somewhere, say hello and then a couple more 3 course breakfast, lunch and dinners. And then head back home, go to one of your castles, have friends or family come visit. And all whilst receiving millions in income, i mean, sure she's working, but she's not done it for free.

Cant help but feel the rose tinted glasses when it comes to the Monarchy, which isn't surprising given it's force fed down our throats daily that these beings are better than us and above reproach. But again, the talk of them doing this charitable work is completely disingenuous.

I don't think many people would choose to live the life of a modern reigning monarch - or if they did they'd soon regret it. So whilst there is great privilege it always seemed like a bit of a curse to me.

Pretty cushy being part of the extended family, with minor obligations & public attention though i'd imagine.

Last edited:
I don't think many people would choose to live the life of a modern reigning monarch - or if they did they soon regret it. Always seemed like a bit of a curse to me.

Pretty cushy being part of the extended family, with minor obligations & public attention though i'd imagine.

Someone like Pippa Middleton has it made. Gets all of the perks of being connected to the royals but none of the responsibilities.

Back