• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How long will it take for this team to gel?

I think the thing is we have brought players that already know how to play the system we expect them to play, so it shouldn't take tooooooooo long.

I noticed a few times on Thursday sometimes a player would pass into space when the target preferred it to feet, and stuff like that. That needs to be ironed out quickly. The other thing is the pattern of play, the pattern of movement. Who moves where and when. How long does that take? I don't know. I'd say maybe a few weeks. But in the meantime the signings that have been with us since pre-season should be able to hold fort until the likes of Eriksen are introduced.

Are you talking about Lamela, Chichres and Ericsson? I think AVB will take his time integrating them myself...the rest? oh I think they're pretty fluid TBH. Paulinho looks like an old soul in there, ditto Capoue...I think, in this case, the blending process will not be nearly as protracted...though obviously it will take a little time. No, I think we can forge on AND integrate at the same time the way AVB sets things up...

Not untill Arsenal are 12 points clear with us - anyone else think we may just give them a taste of their own medicine after seemingly being out of the race?

I won't be judging the team properly until after Christmas.

Think of Berbatov, Modric, etc. They took half a season to start showing their full ability, even if it was evident from the outset. (I don't think Modric starting at LM had anything to do with that). I think players like Lamela and Eriksen, who don't seem naturally physical players from what I've seen, and who come from leagues where pressure is applied to the ball carrier far less quickly, will take a similar amount of time to adapt. I think this applies to some extent to Soldado, but he is a top quality player in his prime and will only get better after what has been, for me, an impressive start.

Chadli seems more physically adept, but again came from the Eredivisie and will take a few months to show his best, the same can be said of Chiriches.

Paulinho and Capoue are again suited to English football physically, and from the little I've seen (and the fact we have few other CMs), they will adapt the quickest and will continue to be involved in most first team games they are available for.

The new players' adaptation to English football and then to their team mates will take at least until Christmas, but may not be complete until next year. Hopefully by that time it isn't too late!

One positive thing about these players is that they will be allowed time. This may sound negative, but right now we have no "megastar" that will leave as a result of no CL football, which has been the case in the past 2 seasons.

We're in a position to grow as a collective unit without that extra pressure. That said, we as fans have gotten used to challenging for a CL place and we remain desperate to achieve it.

The expectations and demands of the league and fans will be the biggest factor in influencing their development.

Heres to praying it happens sooner rather than later!

Lloris and Vertonghen could both choose to leave if we didn't have CL football.

I rate Lloris as the best keeper in the World. I know that's a big statement but I believe that his all round game backs my statement up. He does more than just save shots. I can quite imagine Barca being in for him next summer, as they haven't yet replaced Valdes and it looked likely that Valdes was on his way out.

I don't think I need to add much about Vertonghen. We all know how good he is. He has already been linked to Barcelona.

Lloris and Vertonghen could both choose to leave if we didn't have CL football.

I rate Lloris as the best keeper in the World. I know that's a big statement but I believe that his all round game backs my statement up. He does more than just save shots. I can quite imagine Barca being in for him next summer, as they haven't yet replaced Valdes and it looked likely that Valdes was on his way out.

I don't think I need to add much about Vertonghen. We all know how good he is. He has already been linked to Barcelona.

I read somewhere Barca have already lined up a deal for Reina for next season which would take one potential buyer out of the market.

late Jan/early Feb we should see the team as a whole functioning the way AVB wants...until then i expect erratic performances and results

^^
One game don't matter. We could have got something from that game. We have gelled already IMO. We have a team ethos. When we get a team then we can start firing on all 6.

^^
One game don't matter. We could have got something from that game. We have gelled already IMO. We have a team ethos. When we get a team then we can start firing on all 6.

Do you think that the front six are familiar with each others' games?

I think that might be impossible given that Eriksen hasn't even played a game yet.

We can play as a team, but not as fluid as we'll be in six months time.

Back