• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How do you feel about players that want to leave the club they play for?

Micky Hazard‏@1MickyHazardReply
Retweet

Favorite
?À Open

To my fellow Spurs fans if players want to leave our great club I say tinkle off we don't want you anyway this is THFC and we don't need you.

That's the kind of talk we've heard from Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Leeds, Everton and Villa in the past decade when they failed to grasp the top 4 and their plummets/exoduses started.

Micky Hazard‏@1MickyHazardReply
Retweet

Favorite
?À Open

To my fellow Spurs fans if players want to leave our great club I say tinkle off we don't want you anyway this is THFC and we don't need you.

The only alternative is to have a Tottenham fan only Tottenham XI.
Championship here we come.

I don't believe players should be kept against their will. It's all well and good Levy said no in the summer but we don't know if Modric has given 100% every game as he should be as a result.

Get rid and move on.

My issue is not with players who want to leave the club they are playing for (including us) but rather the means by which they manoeuvre their departure. For instance I would never accept Berbatov back because he effectively went on strike

We've failed this season and demonstrated we can't keep up with their ambitions. Good luck to them.

We just have to take the hit and spend 3-4 years rebuilding in mid-table. It's just how it works.

Ideally they'll both move to Spain.

So they share no blame in our failures this season? Righto you conveniently ignore the fact tat part of the reason that we failed to achieve their,and our club's, ambitions is because they both underperformed at the business end of the season. Why do they deserve a move? The answer is they don't IMO, regardless of how it works in reality!

If Modric and Bale want to go this Summer then as far as I am concerned they can go but on our terms. Out of the league and for the money we demand. If we re-use that money to make the team better then it could be a win win. Athletico Madrid lost Aquero to Emirates Marketing Project but went straight out an bought Falcao and have done well. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have improved by selling Carroll and getting in Cisse, Cabaye etc.

I love Bale and Modric but Bale is replaceable in my eyes, its Modric we would miss the most. He is the heartbeat of our possesion football. But with a new manager and a new system we may not need to rely on one man so much.

I love Bale and Modric but Bale is replaceable in my eyes, its Modric we would miss the most. He is the heartbeat of our possesion football. But with a new manager and a new system we may not need to rely on one man so much.

I would go the opposite, there are plenty of players like Modric, but left wingers that are as good as Bale as extremely rare.

More importantly our failure could be down to the failure to get in a world class striker when we had the chance, with that in mind i really can't see them doing very well replacing Modric or Bale.

Kicking up a fuss is the only tool these employees have after they've stupidly signed 5 year contracts.

No reason why they can't do it in private, to the chairman, etc. Doing it in public is disrespectful to the fans and completely unnecessary.

ive only seen one thing on this, maybe ive missed something important but all i got was him saying if we don't make CL he will have to discuss (with his agent/the club i guess) what they think is best for him - not quite saying he wants to leave

ive only seen one thing on this, maybe ive missed something important but all i got was him saying if we don't make CL he will have to discuss (with his agent/the club i guess) what they think is best for him - not quite saying he wants to leave

Yes, but that would be a reasonable assessment of the situation.

Do you not recall where you are?

they can do whatever they want.
get over the imperialistic views and stop playing master-and-servant.... capitalism rules.
if you want real passion - watch non-professional football. much more passion, much less football.

We've failed this season and demonstrated we can't keep up with their ambitions. Good luck to them.

We just have to take the hit and spend 3-4 years rebuilding in mid-table. It's just how it works.

Ideally they'll both move to Spain.

Gutterboy in stating his opinion as a fact, and what a wildly inaccurate opinion too. What a shock. Serious relegation fears.

Rafael VDV wasn't a Spurs fan from a young age but look at his attitude toward our club. Vincent Kompany wasn't a Emirates Marketing Project fan but look at his attitude towards his club. You don't and shouldn't have to be a life long fan to have pride for what you play for, to have loyalty to your teammates and the fans that pay your wages. I hate selfish narcissism and players who go on about their careers and agents.

I want players with passion and drive who want to win for the team and not for themselves and their 'careers,' want to perform well because they feel togetherness with the club and team and not because they are hoping they are going to catch the eye of a scout from one of the vultures of Europe (Barca, Madrid, Man U, Chelsea, City, etc).

Idk if players like Ginola, Keane, Scholes, etc had agents but they didn't bleat on about their fudging careers and especially Ginola stayed at Tottenham as the bright light in a poor team, and if I'm not mistaken he never left Spurs or Saudi Sportswashing Machine by his own choice.

I would rather have 11 romantics like VDV who love playing for the club than agent-hugging 'career' types who have ridiculous outlandish cars and haircuts and seem extremely self-centered. We already have a number of respectable players imo, based on my impression: VDV, Dawson, King, and Lennon especially but also Gallas, Walker, Kaboul, Caulker, Parker, and a couple others. All excellent players and I haven't heard them saying 'my agent says blah blah blah" and 'we'll have to see what happens if Spurs don't make CL, blah blah me me me me etc." Seriously if Modric and Bale don't want to be here they can go do one along with Redknapp for all I care. There's no more pride for them in going to play for Man Utd and winning trophies there than there should be pride for the glory-hunting fans of Man Utd. That is, NONE.

I'd like managers and players to show respect, not tell lies but not come straight out when the season has yet to finish. What they say now can be said off season, unless they want to try and motivate the chairman, manager and players with their antics. ?Ä think that boomerangs more often than not, just like talking ourselves up before a game.

Be humble and do your talking on the pitch ffs.

We get 4th or if GHod wills it, 3rd, and get into CL we'll keep our best and can add two or three. We moved early for modders, we should try with future prospects - once we know the manager for next season.

Back